Steakhouse 71 Lunch

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
I got French Onion soup which was rich and flavorful with a lot of cheese. My only criticism is that it is too salty and yes, I know that is a salty soup but this was excessively salty, despite that, it was very good and is the second best French Onion soup I have ever had.

I didn’t try it but we got the onion rings and those that tried it, really liked the crunchy coating and the dipping sauce. There weren’t many though….5-6 medium sized rings.

Three of us got the prime rib sandwich which we all really enjoyed. It didn’t seem like or taste like prime rib to me.…it was more like a shaved steak. There was no fat and it was well done so if you are looking for a pink prime rib, this isn’t it. I thought the bread to steak ratio was good. Loved the brioche bun which was crispy on the outside and chewy and warm on the inside. The caramelized onions and cheese were tasty. There was a nice garlicky flavor to the sandwich which I think came from the herb aioli. The horseradish sauce comes on the side which is nice since I don’t like it. I still sampled a bit to see if my tastes have changed on that but nope, I still hate it.

I thought the fries were good, crispy on the outside, soft in the center. My mom thought her fries were cold and my brother thought the parmesan on the fries was weird tasting. I enjoyed the cheese on it. We asked for ketchup and received small cups of it.

Two of us got the fish sandwich which they said was really good and they ate it all. They were nervous about getting a fish sandwich from a steakhouse but it was good. It was a nice thick piece of fish and they said the aioli was a nice addition to it.

One nephew got the burger which looked soooo good. It had two patties and a lot of cheese. His parents each took a bite and the three all agreed it was very good and very cheesy. The burgers were a little pink so not overcooked.

I took a slice of the chocolate cake back to the room for later. It was so good! It was huge so I ate half that night and the other half the next day. I could not taste any whiskey. The cake was very moist and rich, the mousse was light and chocolatey, the frosting was like a ganache, very chocolatey, not too sweet and not too thick. I think I tasted a hint of coffee in the frosting. Yum, I would get this to go again. There were three raspberries and a teeny tiny dab of raspberry sauce which was there for decoration and added nothing to the cake.

It is so nice to have a restaurant we really enjoy near BLT and it will be a must do every trip. We’ve never been to the Wave because it just wasn’t our style of food. California Grill isn’t for us either. We eat a Contempo Cafe only when we are desperate and don’t feel like going anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter