Status of HKDL Expansion

Version 6

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys

Does anyone have any info on the status of the HKDL expansion? Are the expansion plans still on track, or have they been delayed?

• Castle opened in November but the the debut of the daytime show and nighttime spectacular is postponed (opening date unknown but likely not until pandemic is over).
  • Arendelle is projected to open mid-2022 and seems to be on track construction-wise.
  • Marvel expansion originally set for 2023 has not really started and is likely to be delayed/cancelled.
  • Phase 2 (second gate) is permanently cancelled because the government has taken the land. It is currently used as a quarantine and the government wants to use it for low-income housing once the pandemic is over.

Thanks for that derailed response. Had planned to put off a trip to HKDL until after Marvel land was completed, but looks like I'll go once Arrendelle is finished instead.

Is there any reliable information out there about when the Frozen land will be finished?

Looking to travel in early October but would like to hold off until the area is done.

Is there any reliable information out there about when the Frozen land will be finished?

Looking to travel in early October but would like to hold off until the area is done.

Historically, you won't know that it'll be opening until like a month before it actually is scheduled to happen.

CMs are test riding the roller coaster right now which means that part is done. I can imagine it opening in August at the earliest or in November. From a strategy standpoint, I wouldn't expect a September or October opening because they typically have a lot of corporate parties during that time and Halloween already attracts a lot of people. December is also crowded enough.

It's also possible they have a phased opening with just one ride first and then the shops later or something. In that case, some of the stuff will likely not open until next year because historically, those are the lower crowd times.

The only official advice I've seen on timing is 'second half of 2023'. I'm not counting on it being open before our trip in late September, but we might be lucky!

It's been announced for November but no exact date yet. My guess is that it will coincide with the start of the Christmas event which I expect to be on the 3rd Thursday or Friday of November from historical patterns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter