Star Wars Day at on Disney Fantasy!

Cookie34p

Earning My Ears
Just returned from our cruise on the Disney Fantasy - the very first Star Wars day at sea! If anyone sailing on one of the next 7 cruises has any questions, let me know!

How was it???
Is the star wars theming restricted to the "day", or it is it still apparent the rest of the week?
Favorite activity?
Anything you didn't like?

Yes - it was only for one day - but there were always movies running, and people all over with SW paraphernalia, so you always felt the vibe. For the most part, it was good. There were definitely some disappointments - most notably, you were limited in which characters you could see (they weren't just around the ship like with the other characters). Each stateroom received a ballot, in which you chose your top picks for characters to see. However, the choices were written as "Bespin", "Dark Side" or "Droid" - and it's not clear who you will see. We chose Bespin (hoping for Chewbacca) and Dark Side (Darth Vader). Unfortunately, we got Boba Fett and the commander of the First Order (Phasma). Chewbacca left just before our time slot, and I was told we couldn't wait (the characters switch out). I would have thought that there would be 2-3 characters in the room during your time period, not just one. Also - there were no celebrities (as advertised), and no cantina. The early deck show was pretty lame. They had storm troopers/jawas/tuscan raiders periodically walking around the decks, but they were mobbed with people, and didn't stop for photos. The fireworks were amazing and the menus were pretty cool also. If you are taking a SW cruise, make sure you head to deck 12 at LEAST 1 hour before the evening character show. We went up at 45 minutes and couldn't see much. Watching The Force Awakens in 3D in the Walt Disney Theatre was awesome - the crowd was really into it, with lots of clapping and cheering, and a really good vibe. If you are booked on a SW cruise, and want some pointers, let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter