Standard view studio room 7 months out

kstaack

Mouseketeer
Do you think it could be possible to get a standard view studio room at the 7 month mark or should I try for 11. I don't care about the view so really want the cheapest option. We will be spending a week in Maui after Aulani.

Looking at a Wednesday-Saturday stay the first week of June. Should still be off season for Hawaii.

Looking at a few rental options or possibly renting from a friend.

Might also be open to island view.

Last edited:
I booked very late November for August because I didnt want to risk it and I am very happy I did. As it was we had to do a split stay with half our time in a standard view studio and half in an island view. We could have spent more money and stayed the whole time in an island view but we chose to do the split and stay an extra night instead (long story) Anyway, early June you might be ok, late June-not so much.
Here was my rationale: If I waited to 7 months I *might* have gotten the standard view for the full time (as I said above, that would not have worked out because they were booked for our days waaay before 7 months) but I knew from having stayed at Aulani before that it is super busy in August and it wasnt likely to happen. If I waited and there was no standard view or even island view then I might have to pay the extra for a partial or full ocean view or stay fewer days in a one bedroom. Sooo based on probably having to pay more anyway if I waited, I decided it would be better to secure something before the 7 month mark. I dont know if that helps at all LOL but it was how I chose what to do. Good luck, I am sure there are others here who might have better DVC insight.

I personally would feel better booking at the 11 month mark. So I think 11 months might be good for me personally. It would be better to get this portion of the trip secured before getting our vrbo in case we had to move things around due to dates. How was your standard view vs island? I feel like if we had is Island land view we might spend time in the balcony. I'm not going to spend anytime out there if I'm looking at another building such as a parking garage. I'm just not sure how important this is to me.

@kstaack The view from the standard view balcony we had wasnt really a "view" LOL it was a garden rock wall that ran along the lawn of the convention center area. The wall had a really nice water feature that gave it some elegance and it provided privacy. We did have coffee and tea in the mornings out there.
We spent most of our time out and about so the view wasnt an issue. We have had a partial ocean view Aulani hotel room on a previous vacation. We all went out to watch the sunset one time and that was it, the only real time we used it but again we are pretty much there to use the resort, not the balcony.

If you check out the sticky at the top of this forum called "Aulani Villas and Views" you can get an idea of what is offered.
For example, post #816 by Cinderpamela gives you an example of a possible standard studio view (room # 567)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/au...ated-12-21-2016.2907389/page-41#post-50361641

That is kind of how I feel. We are going there to use the resort. Not spend time in the room. I would be ok with your standard view. The post you made of a higher level standar room also view also looked ok to me.

It sounds like a view isn't a priority for you at all. You should be fine at 7 months.
We can't imagine going to Hawaii without an amazing ocean view. It's part of the entire experience for us.

I can't see paying for something you get little or no value from, so your plan is solid!

It sounds like a view isn't a priority for you at all. You should be fine at 7 months.
We can't imagine going to Hawaii without an amazing ocean view. It's part of the entire experience for us.

I can't see paying for something you get little or no value from, so your plan is solid!

If we were only going to Aulani it would be a different story. It is more important for us to have an ocean view in Maui since we will be there for a week.

We spent time on other islands with an ocean view as well, so we also booked a standard studio at Aulani. We rented points and found an owner on the Rent/Trade forum here on the Dis that booked it for us around 9 months out with no issue. We did go in September though, which is a pretty slow time of year.

We were on floor 5 which was two floors up from the main floor/lobby, level 3. Pools/ground floor are level 1. Our balcony overlooked the courtyard of the conference center however it was relatively quiet. We saw a wedding reception set up on our first night, and on our check out day, the Secretary of Defense was giving a speech to foreign dignitaries which was pretty cool. Secret service were everywhere! The only negative was that our room was very dark - no natural light at that floor, and I think the higher floors are reserved for ocean views. The room decor is dark so that coupled with the lack of natural light meant we had our lights on most of the time.

We spent time on other islands with an ocean view as well, so we also booked a standard studio at Aulani. We rented points and found an owner on the Rent/Trade forum here on the Dis that booked it for us around 9 months out with no issue. We did go in September though, which is a pretty slow time of year.

We were on floor 5 which was two floors up from the main floor/lobby, level 3. Pools/ground floor are level 1. Our balcony overlooked the courtyard of the conference center however it was relatively quiet. We saw a wedding reception set up on our first night, and on our check out day, the Secretary of Defense was giving a speech to foreign dignitaries which was pretty cool. Secret service were everywhere! The only negative was that our room was very dark - no natural light at that floor, and I think the higher floors are reserved for ocean views. The room decor is dark so that coupled with the lack of natural light meant we had our lights on most of the time.

Your trip review was great. I'm going to be on the look out to try to get some points from someone for an 11 month booking.

Your trip review was great. I'm going to be on the look out to try to get some points from someone for an 11 month booking.

Thanks so much! Shouldn't be too hard to find an owner in the 11 month window. The Rent/Trade forum here is great, and there are others as well. Worst case, the brokers will add you to wait lists if they don't have any available. Good luck!

I am booked for late June/July of next year, and after several failed attempts, had to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get availability for my time period in ANY view at the exact 7-month window.

It finally worked out, but I'm going about a week later than intended. Hopefully things will be easier for you.

I am booked for late June/July of next year, and after several failed attempts, had to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get availability for my time period in ANY view at the exact 7-month window.

It finally worked out, but I'm going about a week later than intended. Hopefully things will be easier for you.

Thanks for your input Patti.....I'm going to try to secure a booking before 7 months if possible...I just need to find an owner or use a broker. I'll be stressed about it until its booked. ;-)

I would still try to book at 11 months or as early as possible just for your peace of mind, but I booked at 7 months for Memorial Day weekend/first week of June and could have had anything I wanted at 7 months (except the hotel room, those were long gone because they're so inexpensive, points wise). We are the opposite and feel strongly about having a great view from the balcony so I wanted to make sure that I was sure that I could get the Ocean View and it ended up working out. Wishing you luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter