Splash Mountain ?

mforbach

Mouseketeer
How wet do you get on Splash Mountain? My DH can't stand for his clothes to be wet. Splash Mountain was closed for rehab last year so we really want to try it this trip.

It depends where you sit. Sitting up front is where you get the wettest. It's not like Kali River Rapids at AK, you don't get totally drenched, but you can get wet enough to be uncomfortable. If he really doesn't like getting wet, tell him to wear a rain poncho on Splash. I've done that on cool evenings - just remove the poncho after riding and you're good to go. :D

Yes, just wear a poncho. I was in the front seat with a poncho and stayed totally dry other than a few drops on my face. :)

We go in the winter and carry those extra cheap ponchos for just that purpose. You can store several in a fanny pack and wear it on the ride and then just toss the wet poncho.

Jordan's mom

so, we were drenched. we got a lot of spray from the "mini" waterfalls inside, but going down that big hill, we were soaked. My daughter had to buy a new shirt, and I had my sweatshirt tied around my waist,,, looked like I had a potty accident LOL :-)

BUT it was still great fun!!

The lefthand backside of the logs stay the driest, you actually get wetter when your are below the big drop than going down , other then those two areas you will only get sprinkled on, unless you sit on the rhight hand front side, so avoid that area and you will be pretty dry! Hope that helped!

Tell him that you get wet but dry off quick and to sit on the left side of the boat in the middle at the X see below
rows seats
1 OO
2 OO
3 XO
4 OO
5 OO
6 OO

You don't want 2 sit up front 4 obvious reasons but not in the back because whatever doesn't hit the front fly's over the middle and lands on the back. Also as you come around the front the big splash from other boats lands on your boat and there is a shed that u go through. So if you get through it first it will block the water falling on you. And at the end of a ride there is a water fall that gets you soaked and if there is trafficyou get stuck right next to it. DON'T WORRY IT WILL ALL MAKE SENCE LATER JUST SIT IN THE PLACE I SAID. Sorry it was so hard to explain. Just trust me on this one. Have fun.
:bounce: :jester: :bounce:

I rode it for my first six times and all six times had different seats.

My experiences:

Wettest: front. Side didn't matter. I was soaked from the neck down because there was a HUGE tidal wave that came over the front of the boat and dumped into the area where your legs go on the front seat.

Dryest: Backseat. Left side.

Depends on where you sit and when you go. I went at night once and got more wet than during the day.

Plus the water level. Weight, stuff you really can't control.

The thing that will really soak you on Splash Mountain is having too much weight in the front of the log -- it makes a big wave wash over the front and into the log. Having more weight in the back of the log keeps the front high on the water and prevents the wave from washing over.

If two fat people sit in front (or even normal sized adults if there are only kids in the back) everyone will get soaked. People in the back will have their shirts spared, but probably not their pants and definitely not their shoes.

Sitting in back is a good idea, but the best strategy is to ride with light people/kids in the front.

Zombie Thread Alert. (15 Years Old)

tumblr_myzv9gV5Kn1sw1476o1_500.gif

Every time I have ridden Splash, there was a puddle on the seat before I sat down. Didn't matter which seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter