Spin Off - Do you have any red light cameras where you live?

Interesting! I wonder if they do that here...

How did you get out of it? When my friend got one she showed me the photo and video they sent her, it was no doubt it was her car/plates/face turning on red without stopping.

For my first one, I was honest and I said I thought I was doing the speed limit. It was a long stretch of road and changed speed for only one block. I said it was my first ticket too (which it was). The judge let me off with a warning.

The second time I was let off because I said I was keeping up with the flow of traffic. There were several cars and trucks around me going the same speed I was. I also said it was my first ticket (ok, this part is a white lie but tickets are not tied to the vehicle because it may not be the owner driving).

The third time I was let off on a technicality because there was a glitch and the letter in the mail didn’t say where the infraction happened.

I know I have a lead foot, and I’ve obeyed all laws since. I don’t really drive any more anyway, so no temptation lol

I only know of one so I looked online to see if I could find out more. It looks like there are a handful here and there in my city and the neighboring cities, but the trend over the past ten years has to been to remove them because they were costing more to run than they were generating in revenue.

About 10 -15 in my area. A LOT in Chicago, but I rarely ever go into the city. When Chicago put them in they shortened the yellow light time by 1/2 second. I got nailed once, $100.

And a LOT of speed cameras in Chicago. I know of no speed cameras in the suburbs. And Chicago just lowered the amount 'allowed' over the limit before getting a ticket from 11 over to 6 over.

I don't think so. I remember hearing about them a few years ago, but haven't heard anything recently. I looked on a site that supposedly tells you where they are, and all the ones in our city were marked "camera removed."

They did a pilot program in a number of towns for several years, but ultimately all were removed. We haven’t had any for five years or more.

And a LOT of speed cameras in Chicago. I know of no speed cameras in the suburbs. And Chicago just lowered the amount 'allowed' over the limit before getting a ticket from 11 over to 6 over.

That's a pretty slim allowance. They should call these cameras "Coparazzi":ssst:

Yes, but we need more.
Orlando has a double whammy on traffic: The usual numb-nuts who drive like crazy, and tourists who don't really known where they're going.

We have witnessed some pretty insane traffic with many "near-misses" on our trips. And yes, we are tourists, but we're pretty familiar getting around to the places we need to on our WDW trips.
I'm amazed by the locals who are brazen about high speed high jinks knowing that a tourist could swerve into their lane at any moment.

Yes - everywhere and photo-radar along roadways for speeding tickets. Between the three of us in our household we get two or three a year. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter