Special food from the park that will "keep" for a couple days

Lavender Mom

Earning My Ears
I want to take home a treat for DS birthday. Our last day in the park is a Friday. DS birthday is Monday and we'll be on the road home. I was thinking that rather than a cake, it would be fun to pull out a treat from Disney that I had saved. Tigger Tails come to mind, but DS is not a marshmallow fan. Can any of you Disneyland foodies think of something that would be reasonably portable and that would keep 'till Monday? We'll have a cooler on the road...

I think Mickey rice krispy treats, cookies, and maybe candy apples would work. I think this is a cool idea!

There are a lot a lot of boxed candies/treats that will make the trip.

Ah, Jory beat me to it! I was scrolling down to post, Fudge. You can get it by the squares out of the case or in pre-packaged (fresh daily) packages that have more. Both are YUM!

- Dreams

What ever you decide be sure to bring a ziplock bag (to help keep it fresh) & a tupperware container (to keep it form getting crushed).

It's not specially made, but I've found that the chocolate bars sold at giftshops are pretty tasty (for that sort of chocolate). Cute packaging, too.

We try to bring treats home for people each time we go. To bad the treats never survive the car ride home ... :rotfl2:

But snacks from the shop by Pooh might keep, or some of the baked goods from Jolly Holiday Bakery.

I always like the treats made in the bakery by Winnie the Pooh. They tend to have new items all of the time and are very good.

I usually bring home a bag of Mickey truffles. They keep well and they're in the shape of Mickey's head. But most of all, they're delicious!! You can find them at the candy shops--Main St., Pooh's, Marceline's.

Ah, Jory beat me to it! I was scrolling down to post, Fudge. You can get it by the squares out of the case or in pre-packaged (fresh daily) packages that have more. Both are YUM!

- Dreams

LOL.....you both beat me to it!! When I saw this post I was like "FUDGE"!!! Glad I'm not the only one!! ;)

I second the Mickey-shaped, chocolate covered Rice Crispie treats! We took them home for our son's bday and they were a smash!

If your son likes peanut brittle, then I suggest buying that and it travels perfectly too.
I prefer to purchase that to which is made on site.
I love Marceline’s Confectionery; my most favorites are the peanut brittle and the chocolate covered caramel apples. The caramel apples travel very well, as they are placed into a sturdy plastic container.
Sometimes they have chocolate dipped strawberries too, it depends upon the season.

Happy snacking! :)

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

Pooh corner for Tigger Tails! My husband and I do an anniversary trip once a year alone and I always bring home Tigger Tails. I bring a cheap plastic container. They keep really well. The marshmallow is covered in chocolate so it always stays soft.

My favorite treats to take home are the white chocolate raspberry chocolate chip cookie bites which you can buy bags of at either Pooh's Corner in Critter Country or Marcelleine's in Downtown Disney
AND
the loaves of Boudain's (sp?) sourdough bread at the restaurant/bakery in DCA where you buy the soup bread bowls. Actually I think the restaurant might be called Boudain's, as well.

The boxes of coconut treats shaped like mickey heads with chocolate around the edge are yummmmmmy!! a selection of things like these, and the pretzels, and mickey rice crispy treats, oh and the little matterhorn shaped macaroons, and a mickey head candy apple would be an awesome treat, even if you do have a cake or cupcakes as well (couldn't quite get if you would still be on the road on monday or just home by then) By the way, you can buy a bottle of the mickey head shaped sprinkles for the tops of cakes and cupcakes at the coffee place at the end of mainstreet, I want to say the marketplace, but I don't remember what it is called. It's the last shop on the street before you hit the corn dog card. I have bought and used these for special mickey themed cakes before :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter