• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest rebooking if cheaper fare pops up

dreamer66

Earning My Ears
I have seen that our flight is now cheaper than when I booked it a few weeks ago. Do I have to call or can I book the lower fare online? What happens to the money I already paid? The difference is like $65. Do I have to pay for the entire flight again? I’ve never done this before. TIA

I have seen that our flight is now cheaper than when I booked it a few weeks ago. Do I have to call or can I book the lower fare online? What happens to the money I already paid? The difference is like $65. Do I have to pay for the entire flight again? I’ve never done this before. TIA
Click "change" on your reservation and select the same flights. They'll issue the refund or credt.

Yes, you can rebook it online using the "change reservation" function. It will allow you to choose which leg of your flights you want to change. You can do this multiple times without penalty if the price changes again. HOWEVER, you will NOT be getting an actual refund to your credit card. They will hold that dollar amount as a credit for you to use on a future flight. I think it has to be used within 18 months. If you booked with SWA Rapid Reward points, your points will go back to your points account with no expiration. Also, the refunded credits will be tied to each individual person in your party. I don't know how this works for families with minors flying, if parents can use those credits for themselves later or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter