• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest gate to Mears Connect or towncar pick-up.

Candlelady

A dream is a wish your heart makes
I use a transport chair for hubby in the airports but this time I'm physically unable and we will both need to be taken by wheelchair to Mears Connect or a towncar pick up. Will Southwest agents take us that far or do they only go as far as their little monorail?
I can walk with a cane, but it's very slow and I'm not sure I'll make it that far. :crutches:
Will I need to arrange something else? Don't want to be caught by surprise.
Thank you!

I don’t know about the wheel chairs, but I know Tiffany Towncar and others will meet you at the baggage claim and will handle getting the luggage and taking it to the car.

if you reserve a car service be sure to tell about your needs. They may have other suggestions.

i think you need to take your luggage to Mears Connect.

The airline will supply people to push your wheelchair(s) through to (at least) curbside pickup (please tip).

If you are staying on Disney property, please consider how you are navigating the hotel. Some of them are rather larrge.

I know that when there was Magical Express, the Southwest wheelchair "pushers" would bring me all the way to the ME line. But it depended on the "pusher" whether he'd let me keep the wheelchair til I got on the bus, or if he'd drop me off (they had a few wheelchairs there) and keep the Southwest chair. Recently, I've found it easier to get pushed to baggage claim and hail an Uber right outside the door.

I don’t know about the wheel chairs, but I know Tiffany Towncar and others will meet you at the baggage claim and will handle getting the luggage and taking it to the car.

if you reserve a car service be sure to tell about your needs. They may have other suggestions.

i think you need to take your luggage to Mears Connect.
Thanks for the info.

The airline will supply people to push your wheelchair(s) through to (at least) curbside pickup (please tip).

If you are staying on Disney property, please consider how you are navigating the hotel. Some of them are rather larrge.
Thanks, I needed to know if they'd push us through to curbside.

Not worried about size of resorts or parks. We've gone twice a year since 2002. He's used to using a scooter but it will be my first time. Broken ankle full of hardware and hoping this will be the only time I need a scooter and cane.

I know that when there was Magical Express, the Southwest wheelchair "pushers" would bring me all the way to the ME line. But it depended on the "pusher" whether he'd let me keep the wheelchair til I got on the bus, or if he'd drop me off (they had a few wheelchairs there) and keep the Southwest chair. Recently, I've found it easier to get pushed to baggage claim and hail an Uber right outside the door.
Thank you. As long as they can get us to curbside, we'll make it ok. We only do carry on so no baggage claim.

I use a transport chair for hubby in the airports but this time I'm physically unable and we will both need to be taken by wheelchair to Mears Connect or a towncar pick up. Will Southwest agents take us that far or do they only go as far as their little monorail?
I can walk with a cane, but it's very slow and I'm not sure I'll make it that far. :crutches:
Thank you!
The airport has skycaps who can handle this for you. I bring my scooter on the plane to Disney, and now that Magic Express is gone, I can't get my luggage off the belt and haul two or three heavy bags to the Mears shuttle on my own. I just head down to bag claim and flag a skycap to help me. I tip really well because it's quite a distance from there to the bus area, but technically it's a free service. You can ask either an airport employee or Southwest staff as soon as you get off the plane and they'll find someone to help you.

Thank you!
This page may help you. And I agree with getting a skycap at MCO.

I hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter