South Carolina's Lowcountry?: A Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Trip Report!

elleinad16

Have you ever looked beyond today into the future?
...It's been over a year since our last Disney trip and I'm having withdrawls!

Hello, readers! :wave2:

A little about ourselves:

1187ecd-1.jpg

Danielle - A Disney Store cast member and 2011 Disney Bride. I've been to Walt Disney World nine times, Disneyland three times, on Disney Cruise Line once, and to Disney's Vero Beach Resort once. I can't wait to add Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort to the list this year! :thumbsup2

c.jpg

Chris - My husband and fellow Disney addict. His souvenir collection is just as bad as mine.

mommy-1.jpg
daddy-1.jpg

My parents - The ones I have to thank for my Disney addiction. They first took me to WDW in 2002 and we've tried to go on annual vacations since.

Basic Trip Information:

Dates: May 9th - May 14th, 2014

Resort: Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort

Pre-Trip Directory:
Why Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort?
Resort Room

LIVE Posts:
Mickey Waffles
View of Marsh
Dole Whip
Cookout
Entrance Sign

Trip Report Directory:
Day 1 - Arrival and Check-in

Day 2 : Part 1 - Meeting Shadow & Breakfast at Tide Me Over
Day 2 : Part 2 - Coastal Discovery Nature Walk

Day 3 : Part 1 - Dolphin Tour
Day 3 : Part 2 - Visiting the Beach House

Day 4 : Part 1 - Kayaking
Day 4 : Part 2 - Family Portrait Photo Shoot

Day 5 : Part 1 - Mini-Golf & Swimming
Day 5 : Part 2 - Cookout

Day 6 - Departure

Post Trip Directory:
Budget Breakdown

___
Feel free to catch up on some of my previous trip reports, too!:
Danielle & Chris: 11-11-11 [Wedding Pavilion/Atlantic Dance Hall] Disney Wedding Trip Report
"So this is love" - A Honeymoon Trip Report
Florida's Treasure Coast?: A Disney's Vero Beach Resort Trip Report!
"Up where they stay all day in the sun"- A Trip to Art of Animation!

Last edited:
I am excited to read this one- I just returned from Myrtle Beach and am thinking about doing Hilton Head in the near future. Can't wait to see what you think. I am just getting started on my pretrip report too!

Looking forward to your report. We were on HHI for our first time in 2012... Loved it....going back in 2015....enjoy:)

You will love it. We have been 4 times. After our first visit, we bought HHI DVC on the resale market just to get the 11 month booking window. My wife is also a Disney Store cast member. We will be back again at the end of June. As a cast member you get some discounts at the resort such as the quick service food at the resort and beach pool, bike rentals get you a good discount at the resort. The cast members are the greatest.
Enjoy your trip.

I am excited to read this one- I just returned from Myrtle Beach and am thinking about doing Hilton Head in the near future. Can't wait to see what you think. I am just getting started on my pretrip report too!

Thanks for reading and hooray, I love pre-trip report time! :)

Looking forward to your report. We were on HHI for our first time in 2012... Loved it....going back in 2015....enjoy:)

That's great to hear--Do you have any suggestions?

You will love it. We have been 4 times. After our first visit, we bought HHI DVC on the resale market just to get the 11 month booking window. My wife is also a Disney Store cast member. We will be back again at the end of June. As a cast member you get some discounts at the resort such as the quick service food at the resort and beach pool, bike rentals get you a good discount at the resort. The cast members are the greatest.
Enjoy your trip.

Oh, I'm so glad you mentioned that--I was hoping to save a little bit with my discount. Thanks for the pointers. Hope you have another magical time in June!

Well, it's been too long since our last Disney trip and we are all in need of a relaxing vacation! My parents really enjoyed our 2012 trip to Disney's Vero Beach Resort, so we've decided to try Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort as a way to compare and contrast. (Still waiting for the day we buy into Disney Vacation Club! ;) )

We are flying down May 9th, 2014, right after I complete my first year of grad school! :yay: While we're there, we will also be celebrating Chris' birthday and my parent's 30th wedding anniversary.

Well, it's been too long since our last Disney trip and we are all in need of a relaxing vacation! My parents really enjoyed our 2012 trip to Disney's Vero Beach Resort, so we've decided to try Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort as a way to compare and contrast. (Still waiting for the day we buy into Disney Vacation Club! ;) )

We are flying down May 9th, 2014, right after I complete my first year of grad school! :yay: While we're there, we will also be celebrating Chris' birthday and my parent's 30th wedding anniversary.

Be forewarned - we stayed at the resort shortly after it opened and then a few times after and then --- we bought a vacation home there. It is a lovely escape. Enjoy.

I enjoyed your Vero Beach trip report, looking forward to this one. Hilton Head trip reports are so hard to find.

I'm in! We will be going to HHI for our first stay there on June 8th. Looking forward to reading your report.

Be forewarned - we stayed at the resort shortly after it opened and then a few times after and then --- we bought a vacation home there. It is a lovely escape. Enjoy.

:laughing: That's what I like to hear! I can't wait to experience it--Thanks!

I enjoyed your Vero Beach trip report, looking forward to this one. Hilton Head trip reports are so hard to find.

Thanks for reading my VB report! I agree, that's part of the reason I wanted to go to HHI...it's so mysterious! I can't wait to share my trip. :wizard:

I look forward to reading about your vacation!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I'm in! We will be going to HHI for our first stay there on June 8th. Looking forward to reading your report.

:yay: Hooray, you have about a month to go now!!

We've booked 5 nights in a 2-bedroom villa! :goodvibes I reserved our room back in October, which was 7 months out. The prices are comparable to what we paid at Disney's Vero Beach Resort. I've read that all of the resort rooms have been refurbed, so I'm most excited to see how the villa looks.

Looking forward to your report! We arrive on May 24th, can't wait! If you get a chance, I would love to see the activity sheet!

Looking forward to your report! We arrive on May 24th, can't wait! If you get a chance, I would love to see the activity sheet!

Absolutely! I will definitely post a copy for you! :)

Hey, all! We are currently on our way down to Hilton Head!! Getting very excited, even thought we've already encountered our first travel hiccup. We were delayed out of Newark, NJ due to weather, so we arrived late to Chicaco, IL and now have a couple more hours until we can board the next flight out to Savannah, GA. :(

I'd appreciate a sprinkling of pixie dust! I will let you know how it all works out and post live from the resort.

Can't wait to hear all about it! HHI is one of our favorite places- we are heading back next August for the first time in several years- miss it there so much, such a wonderful spot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter