Sound off on Port Orleans Riverside

Because it's so big, we felt that helped to disperse the crowds so we never found that it felt crowded. We think POR has the best food court on property and the boat to DTD was a great perk. Didn't care much for the main pool. Grounds were beautiful. Housekeeping lacked a bit. We did like POR better than CSR. We'd stay there again.

I second the pasta bar. It's fun to choose & watch it be cooked!

POR is our favorite! The personnel are soooo kind & helpful - they make the resort a happy place!

Have stayed at POR our last two trips and LOVE it there. It's a beautiful resort. Yes, it is a large resort but you can definitely request rooms that may be a closer walk to where you want to go (closer to bus stops, parking lot, main building, etc.).

The resort handles crowds well and it never truly feels crowded to us except at breakfast time in the food court. It can be jam packed! But, we quickly learned that you can take your food tray down the hall to Boatwright's, which is their table service restaurant. They will open it up as overflow and it's just lovely - a lot quieter than the main dining room.

Highly recommend POR. We have not stayed at POFQ, however, we have gone there to visit and have some beignets. Some people really, really like the smaller feel, but it actually felt too small to us. I don't see us ever staying there. It just doesn't have all the same amenities that POR has. But I highly recommend the beignets. :)

Hey y'all!! I am currently booked in the Animal Kingdom Lodge with a savannah view... Would it be better to switch over to Port Orleans Riverside? I've always stayed in the value resorts so I'm not sure which would be better!! Thanks!

We love, love, love POR! It is beautiful and calm and feels homey. We requested a ground floor room in the Magnolia building (which we got) and it was perfect. A very quick walk over to the pool and the food court and just beautiful!!!

We took a bike ride over to POFQ and it was a lot of fun and a must do again.

Also you cannot miss YeeHa Bob, he is a riot! We showed up about 45 minutes before his set and got one of the last tables available. It was completely worth it! He is the best family entertainment show we have encountered, everyone from the 7 year old to the 42 year old loved it!

I have stayed at both POFQ and POR many times. Just got back two weeks ago.

If you think the place is too big, or too much walking, read on:

I walk slow-sight issues and such. Building 37 was EXACTLY 7 minutes from the main area skirting thru ole man isle. Most folks do it in 5. Decent bus stops, and the trees and lit paths helped with the monsoons while I was there. Plenty of room for dining at the resort counter service, and I mean plenty. decent food choices, excellent pool and quite pools and laundry services in good, well lit areas. It is very safe, and folks are so nice, everyone chats!

I find the value, the space, the ease of transportation and the overall feel of the place to be well worth it. It is a moderate resort, just enough, and you don't do without in any way. I Hope you consider it. :goodvibes

Some pics...

Great pics of POR! This resort is "home" to us as a family of 5... our favorite. But we are trying a new resort next week, CBR. I hope we love it as much as we do POR.

TO OP: We stayed in building 14 last year for 12 nights and couldn't have been happier... so close to Riverside Mill and Fulton's. POR AB is quiet enough that it seems peaceful, and it is wonderfully themed. We love the "Princess and the Frog" theming of the AB rooms and the big picture of Louis when you pull down the Murphy bed. There is lush, thick foliage between buildings which really adds to the ambiance of Alligator Bayou. Great quiet pools, but Ol' Man Island is the fabulous main pool. We love and have a reservation for Boatwright's, even though we're not staying there this year. And be sure to catch "Yehaa Bob" in the River Roost on Wed through Sat nights.

I am already missing not staying there this year, and we're not even there yet. LOL. But we are all excited about trying a new resort.

pixiedust:

Loved the pics, Kaewin. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Where can you get beignets at POFQ? TIA.

They make beignets in the food court at POFQ all day. They have always been a "snack" on the DDP, so that is a bonus. You can get them for breakfast with coffee or as a late night snack. YUM!!

Hello, I'm glad to hear many positive posts about the resort itself, but I am wondering about the Royal guest rooms. We are a family of 5, myself, wife and 3 daughters, does anyone have any opinions on the royal guest rooms??

Hello, I'm glad to hear many positive posts about the resort itself, but I am wondering about the Royal guest rooms. We are a family of 5, myself, wife and 3 daughters, does anyone have any opinions on the royal guest rooms??

We stayed in a royal room in Oak Manor this past January. It was a descent location to the main building. Would I pay to upgrade to that room again no.

I am a huge Riverside fan. Having stayed at all the Moderates Riverside is my number 1 choice, and french quarter number 2. I like the resort more spread out, as it doesn't feel busy. I don't have children to travel with, so walking to the main building is a breeze. It's a nice quiet walk. I also drive over so I do not need to use bus transportation.

As others have said you must see YeeHaw Bob if you are staying. DH and I like to have an early dinner, and then have appetizers and drinks at River Roost before the show. It guarantees our spot.

DH and I have also done the horse and carriage around both Port Orleans resorts. Was absolutely the best thing to do on on our anniversary. We loved being along the water, and then even getting to ride through the French Quarter buildings was cool.

We agree the the food court and Boatwrights are great. Food court has many options, but does get busy so be prepared for that.

We stayed in a Royal themed room on our last trip. The room looks really great and it's exciting when you first see it and DD loved it. But after the first day it is just a room and we wouldn't pay to stay in one again. Also our RR was further away from the main building than our previous trip. We didn't mind the walking because it's a beautiful resort, but next time I would pay for a preferred room that got me closer to the island, main building, etc.

Love POR. Our first stay at WDW was at Dixie Landings....were sooo sad to return 18 months later and find it had become POR. Anyway....buildings. I've stayed in bldgs 14 and 36 in AB. 14 is, as the CM told me, so close to the food court that if you were any closer, you would be working there. Bldg 36 is about as far out as you can get. It took me 8 mins to walk to the food court, but it was a very pleasant walk in the morning. There was a fairly close bus stop that took about 3 mins to walk to. And there was a quiet pool right in front of our bldg.
Bldg 85 in the mansions section was very nice. I paid for a river view, which was a mistake. You had to be out of your room, hanging over the railing to see the river!!! Dopey me. But it was fairly close to Ole Man Island and about a 5 min walk to the food court area. Bldg 90 was where we stayed in June. Very nice bldg. A bit longer walk especially since our room was on the top floor, back by the parking lot! But it was nice. Took about 7 mins to get to the food court.

I love it at POR. The only time it feels crowded to me is when I hit the food court at popular times. The food area gets congested and blocked up, but the eating area is large and spacious. And the food is terrific.

If I had to make a choice between POR and AKL? With a savannah view? AKL for me. I added two nights to my stay in 3 weeks..staying at BWVs for the first 4 nights, but wanted to add a few days. Grabbed a studio at Kidani with a savannah view! I can't wait to just sit out there in the morning with my coffee watching the animals! Really relaxing, for a change! They are both nice resorts...but it depends on what you want. I love the atmosphere and area at AKL/Kidani. I would almost always choose it over a moderate, even POR!!!

We have stayed at many WDW resorts including deluxe and POR is still a fav due to overall relaxing ambience. Great place for quiet walks pre and post parks.

February will be trip #3 for us. We stayed at CBR both times previous. We opted for POR this trip, because as far as I could tell CBR still advertises two double beds in each room, while POR advertises two queens. Is this correct? I've heard rumours that the refurbs at CBR are adding queens, but it wasn't assured at booking.

We've enjoyed CBR, but don't know what we might be missing! Excited to try POR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter