Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup, West Coast - Link to new TR 1/21

We Didn’t Pack Enough Fruit Snacks!

It was still a little bit before 3 so we had to wait about 15 minutes, but promptly at 3pm, the servers were coming out and seating everyone.

DSC_1100.jpg

DSC_1102.jpg

DSC_1113.jpg

DSC_1115.jpg

We cycled through all the characters and DS enjoyed getting to see them all. DD liked them until they came to our table. By the end she would at least high five them, but she absolutely refused to get close to any of them.

Enough about the characters. The food, by the way, was excellent. I’m usually more partial to the beef, but I really liked the turkey. It was really moist and delicious. I think as much as the turkey itself, I liked the cranberry sauce that they spread on top of it. The mashed potatoes were really good too. Honestly, my biggest disappointment was that our ADR was at 3. I wish it would have been a little bit later so I’d have had more time to work up and appetite after lunch! We really didn’t need any more food, but FiL and I asked them to bring us some more of the turkey and mashed potatoes. We couldn't finish the entire extra platter of turkey and potatoes, but we pretty well cleared the first plate of the beef and vegetables. We didn't eat all the dressing, but nobody in our family is a big dressing fan. I ate some and it was good, but I'd rather dedicate stomach space to more important foods. :rotfl2:

We were stuffed, and the kids hardly wanted to eat anything. For the kids, they had mac & cheese and chicken drumsticks. DD loves mac & cheese, but wouldn’t touch it. She kept asking for Goldfish. She wanted nothing to do with the food that was on the table in front of her. I kind of get it though, we’d just had lunch about 3 ½ hours ago.

DS managed to get a few bites in between characters, but he didn’t have too much of an appetite either.

I do not like that aspect of the CP packages. It is nice to know you have a seat and to that extent, worth it but some of the times are crazy. Who eats a full meal at 3pm?

Adorable pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We enjoyed the ride as always. I’ve said in the past that if I were ever to be a CM, I’d want to be here. I’ve grown up on a farm, I still farm myself, and my “other’ full time job is working in agriculture as a grain buyer. I’ve always enjoyed growing things, and I’m definitely fascinated by some of the technologies and methods that they use to grow plants. It’s just one of those places that I really nerd out about.

I can totally see that!

The kids kind of got a little bit antsy about halfway through the show. MiL was trying to keep them quiet with Goldfish and I had some fruit snacks that I was handing to them. Snacks were working well, but that show is just a little longer than I thought. We had just handed the last package of fruit snacks to DS, but DD wanted some. She wanted fruit snacks and she wanted them now. We were out of snacks at this point. For a little bit there, I thought I was going to have to get up and take her out of the theater to keep her from becoming a distraction. Thankfully she calmed down, but we were close to having a meltdown.

Thank goodness you were able to keep her from a total melt down. Nothing worse than having to leave a really special show for something like that. I feel for her though, eating schedule completely off with the wierd 3pm dinner, she was hungry!

What I really like about Illuminations in December though is the holiday tag they add at the end along with the extra 50 tons of explosives that they blow up simultaneously. It seriously shankes you to your core. I still can’t figure out how our kids can sleep through that.

I love the holiday tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then again, Illuminations is my favorite show. It's a funny thing how polarizing it is, some people adore it and others just not so much.

Boys! I couldn't believe how young mine were when they showed me they were such boys. As a result I've never met the princesses. This trip I'm determined to so they'll just have to suck it up. It will be funny to see their reactions like your DS with Ariel. :)
Cruel... but I approve!

I was very interested to read your review of Garden Grill. If we did a character meal that would be the one I would do. Except for CP breakfast but that's not fir the characters. ;)
Totally understand that one. I love CP, but it has been a while since we've been there. Surprisingly, as much as the kids seemed to like Pooh and Tigger, those characters aren't really at the top of the list for our kids.

I think GG is a really good one. It all comes down to which characters you want to see at a character meal, but I thought this one was a fun one. Chip and Dale were very good about turning the antics on or off depending on their audience.

And I did see Mickey make fists at someone who tried to yank his head off. Probably should have written that in the update, but I forgot about it.

I also like Living with the Land. I think I aspire to grow things but I never really succeed at it. I'm planning my garden for the spring, I can't wait.
Good luck!

I love Joe Morton's voice, I'm sure he was a great narrator.
He really did do a great job. It wasn't a NPH or someone that I instantly knew who he was, but he most definitely was a fine narrator.

How lucky you were that the kids stayed asleep and you were able to turn in early.
::yes::

Finally caught up. Sorry you had a rough night at DHS. I can't believe those people just knocking you guys around. You held your composure much better than I would have.
Sometimes being too tired and too stressed to do anything is a good thing, I guess.

Looks like I have something to prepare for with your DS's reaction to the princesses as I have three boys. We will soon be a princess-free family soon.
Sad thing is, once one of them thinks princesses are too girly, the rest will probably follow right along with it.
Running out of fruit snacks is a scary :scared1: situation. At least you were able to stave off any meltdowns:thumbsup2.
Yeah, it was a close one. We got lucky!

A little late to the party but I'm joining in :wave:
It's never too late, welcome!

I think I see a "high five" going on there! I guess she momentarily forgot she doesn't like characters! :rotfl: Love it! :thumbsup2
She was mildly curious, but yes, she'd forget how scared she was for an instant here or there.

The pictures of DS with the Garden Grill characters are so adorable! Love them!
Thanks! He really had a good time with them.

Ugh to the 3pm dinner. That is just the worst time to eat. You're not hungry yet and you're starving by 9pm. *sigh* But worth it to see CP. I haven't seen the entire CP program in YEARS and I'm totally going to do the dinner...er ...I mean lunch...package next year. I agree that it's a phenomenal show. And its the true Christmas story. No political correctness there! I always think its so cool how they integrate local church choirs in the program. I would totally do that if I lived in Orlando. :thumbsup2
Fun fact: DW's sister performed in CP with her high school choir probably 12 - 13 years ago and DW was a chaperone on the trip. She didn't even get to see the show then. They sat in the American Pavilion and listened, but that was as close as she could get.

I think it is very well worth it to do the dinner package. If it weren't for us having the kids with us, I think we'd have probably chosen to see the latest show. I think you can at least eat at like 5 or 5:30 for that one.

Sounds like you guys had a great afternoon and evening!
We did! It was a great day, especially after our first evening.

What a great night in Epcot. I've never done garden grill but it looks great.
It was very good. Everything from the food to the service to the character interactions were superb.

I can't believe the listen to the land had a fifteen minute wait. Don't think I've ever not walked right on. Ahh, fastpass.
Yeah... FP+ is really screwing with things. I couldn't believe the line I saw when we rode pirates...

I'm with you on figment, I loved if as a kid but now it's just downright awful, and of course my daughter loves it. Rode it at least 5 times last trip.
Our kids love it, but I truly think they just want to ride it so they can play in the post ride area.

I had no idea pooh was in the UK. The wait at MK is always so long we usually skip it, so this is great intel.
I didn't know he was there until I saw it in another TR. It really is hard to find. It is back in the far corner of the pavilion behind all the shops and not well marked. I can see how it must be easy to miss.

Joe Morton. From the great Morton steakhouse lineage perhaps? Fruit snacks are a wonderful distraction aren't they? Should have bought some snacks long ago.
Mmmm... steak. That would have been nice. No, he is an actor. I just wasn't familiar with who he was until I looked him up. I'd seen him before, but didn't recognize the name. He isn't exactly the leading man in anything really. More a supporting actor. Fruit snacks solve a lot of problems in our house!

You are totally right about Epcot at night in winter. BRR!!!
I'm glad to see that several of us agree. I feel a little less crazy.

I'm glad dinner went well, despite DD not being nuts about the characters. At least she didn't freak out. DS looks like he is having a great time!
Oh, he had a blast. We found Rescue Rangers in one of the cheap DVD bins at Wal Mart last fall and the kids love it. They were pretty excited about Chip & Dale. DD was excited to see them, but she just wasn't too crazy about the proximity.

CP is one of the things I miss most from not having done a Christmas trip in years. I loved that show! Bad timing for the kids to finally get their appetites back though. YIKES! I'm glad they both made it through the show okay though.
Well, that's the thing about our kids and appetites. They never have an appetite when we have food in front of them. DD always wants snacks when she's bored. We were prepared for that, but just not prepared enough to get through the wait for the show to start and the entire show itself. At least we managed to get by without having to leave early.

The show really is fantastic. I'm not sure if/when we'll be able to see it again, but I hope we can make it happen one of these days.

Great Epcot evening! I was one of those that ate at the Garden Grill when it was NOT rotating (in June). It was still fun, as the character meets there are great and the food is delicious. But it's even better rotating (did it several years ago too).
It would be disappointing if it wasn't rotating. But yeah, the food was great and the characters were awesome!

I love Living With the Land. Also agree on the supremacy of the original Figment! :thumbsup2
I don't even think that anyone can make any kind of argument for this version of Figment.

I have never been in that Pooh and Tigger meet area, but it's so cute! Great pics!
It really is a neat area. Well hidden and it fits in well with the UK pavilion.

Glad that the Candlelight Processional went reasonably well and that you avoided the meltdown. :goodvibes
It was close... but we made it!

Impressive the kids slept through Illuminations! :eek:
I really can't believe it. I mean we were front row and it sounded like WW3.

You made the most of a great morning at MK. You hit pretty much all the attractions in FL and a couple more to boot. Good job!
Thanks! We were glad to accomplish all of our goals in addition to a few extras!

Pecos never disappoints. The fixin's bar totally makes it worth it- especially the fake cheese sauce. Because EVERYTHING is better with fake cheese sauce on it.
You'll get no argument from me.

That's why you got nachos that night. Proabably needed a 2nd helping of always-good-artery-clogging-fake-cheese-sauce again 6 hours later. See if you'd had fake cheese sauce for the kids, you'd never had had a near melt down during the show. That's my take on it anyways.
I don't know... those nachos don't have the fake cheese so much as they are covered in beef, beans, jalapenos, sour cream... all the good stuff. They really are one of my favorite meals/snacks at WDW.

Illuminations is my least favorite too, but any show is better than TV at home on all of the other 348 days of the year, right?

You had a pretty special day despite missing the 9 pound lemons (you'd have made lemonade, right?) and getting farted on by a skunk.
You have quite a way with words! I'd use the laughing emoticons if I could find them. :sad2:

Hi Andy! I'd been reading along, but I'm finally here to comment!
Welcome to the TR and welcome back to the DIS!

Beautiful family! Love the AoA upgrade.
Thanks! We couldn't have been any happier when we got that upgrade! It was exactly what we wanted to begin with!

I'd never considered that the littles can get separated so easily at ETwB, but now that you mention it, it would be terrifying. I'm so short that I usually stand in the first row of adults. I'm glad you enjoyed the "show"!
Yeah, I tried to do the "right" thing and step aside so other kids could get up there and the sub 6 foot adults could see, but not next time!

Too funny that the kids are interested in completely different groups of characters. :laughing: That should make things interesting...
Hey, we still managed less character meets over the course of a week than you do in one day. :rolleyes1

We're doing GG for the first time this summer (not to give away the ADR portion of our PTR)! I'm looking forward to it. I grew up in a farming community, so I always appreciate LwtL as well.
I think you'll enjoy it! I thought the food was great and I can see a couple of princesses having some fun with the characters there!

I'd love to see the CP some day. I'm glad that the kids let you watch the whole thing. Next time, more snacks :laughing:
No kidding. When it comes to fruit snacks, too much is never enough!

I do not like that aspect of the CP packages. It is nice to know you have a seat and to that extent, worth it but some of the times are crazy. Who eats a full meal at 3pm?
I would have definitely preferred to eat at around 5 and see the latest show, but that just couldn't happen with the kids. The fact that they fell asleep waiting for Illuminations just confirms to me that we did the best thing, considering.

Adorable pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

I can totally see that!
:thumbsup2

Thank goodness you were able to keep her from a total melt down. Nothing worse than having to leave a really special show for something like that. I feel for her though, eating schedule completely off with the wierd 3pm dinner, she was hungry!
She eats a weird schedule anyway! She never wants to eat when the rest of us do and wants to eat cheerios when we're getting ready for bed. Seriously, I don't know how to get her straightened out.

But in any case, I'm glad that she kept her composure so that we could see the entire show.

I love the holiday tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then again, Illuminations is my favorite show. It's a funny thing how polarizing it is, some people adore it and others just not so much.
:rotfl:Yeah, it seems to be everyone's favorite or least favorite. I can't say I don't like it though, because I really do enjoy it!

Sorry it's taken me so long to comment, but... well, you know. Life.

I think just about everyone except for me put on some warmer clothes.

I sense a foreboding moment here.

It just seems that if you plan to spend an evening around the WS or get a front row spot for Illuminations, you get chilled by the air coming off the lake.
Never thought of it that way, but I think you're on to something there.
In the short time that we were driving from AoA to EPCOT, DD finally decided she was tired and fell asleep. Of course. Couldn’t have been the drive on the way to the hotel for our break.
Well of course not. Convenience is not in a kid's vocabulary.
I picked her up and carried her towards the Land pavilion, but by the time we got there, she was awake… but not grumpy.
And parents breathed a sigh of relief.

Wait! Wait!
She was awake so she wasn't Sleepy? And she wasn't Grumpy?
Which Dwarf was she????

(Just not Sneezy... sick kid + trip = no fun)
On a side note, I did notice that several people came up and were told that the restaurant couldn’t take any walk ups that evening… and this was before they even opened.
Don't you feel kind of VIPish when that happens?
DD liked them until they came to our table. By the end she would at least high five them, but she absolutely refused to get close to any of them.
My DDs were the same at first. You forget that while you know the characters, your kids see a giant non-human creature come to life.
We didn't eat all the dressing, but nobody in our family is a big dressing fan. I ate some and it was good, but I'd rather dedicate stomach space to more important foods.
No dressing fans??? :faint: I'll forego turkey in favour of dressing any day.
DS still drinks from a Figment cup when he’s at my parents’ house that I used to have when I was little.
Awww....
so we stopped in Canada for the movie. It was really a good one, and I’m glad I took the time to see it. Not crazy about the fact that you have to stand to see the movie, but it is good none the less.
Geez, I'm from there and haven't seen it yet.
A fact I intend to rectify in a few days!
We walked on towards the UK and stopped for a restroom break. I mentioned to DW that we should check and see if the Pooh meet and greet was open.
:laughing: Ummm..... You can't say you stopped for a restroom break and immediately follow that by saying you're going to check out the Pooh meet and greet!
No pictures at all were taken, sadly. We had our hands full keeping the kids entertained and quiet during the show.
It's okay to just enjoy something without snapping away too.
At least I think so.
By the way, our Narrator was Joe Morton. Not gonna lie, I had to do a Google search, but he certainly did a fine job narrating the show.
I had to Google him too. But as soon as I saw his picture, I remembered him from Terminator 2.
Snacks were working well, but that show is just a little longer than I thought.
I'm surprised they wanted snacks after being stuffed just a short while ago.
But I suppose it was more of a distraction than anything.
But don’t get me started on Avatar. :sad2:
So! Tell me your thoughts on the new Avatar land!

No?
The kids were in the stroller watching a movie on DW’s phone, but it wasn’t long before they were both asleep.

We watched the show and it was great as always....

I still can’t figure out how our kids can sleep through that.
They slept through that????

Wow.
After a quick shower, I was soon asleep too.

But not, I'm sure, before breathing a sigh of relief.
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes:

Finally all caught up :thumbsup2

You have such a darling family! Both your kids are cute as can be.

Lots of ups and downs, and it's only the end of day two (not to mention the hoopla that is DL) :eek:

Can't wait to see how the rest of the trips go! :woohoo:

Sorry it's taken me so long to comment, but... well, you know. Life
Yeah, I get it. Not to mention the screwed up Dis. I'm waiting to post my next update after I figure it out...

I sense a foreboding moment here.
No, not really. It was in the 50's so I was good. Shorts and a jacket. I'd much rather be a little cold than too hot.

Never thought of it that way, but I think you're on to something there.
It just always seems to be that way. I see that there are several who agree so it must be right.

Well of course not. Convenience is not in a kid's vocabulary.
No, it certainly isn't. Neither is reason.

And parents breathed a sigh of relief.

Wait! Wait!
She was awake so she wasn't Sleepy? And she wasn't Grumpy?
Which Dwarf was she????

(Just not Sneezy... sick kid + trip = no fun)
Um... let's go with Dopey!

Don't you feel kind of VIPish when that happens?

My DDs were the same at first. You forget that while you know the characters, your kids see a giant non-human creature come to life.
True... even though they love the characters, the size just seems a bit much.
No dressing fans??? :faint: I'll forego turkey in favour of dressing any day.
Really? Meat always wins.

Geez, I'm from there and haven't seen it yet.
A fact I intend to rectify in a few days!
They do your country proud!

:laughing: Ummm..... You can't say you stopped for a restroom break and immediately follow that by saying you're going to check out the Pooh meet and greet!
I wondered who would be the first one to make a comment about that.

Nicely done.

It's okay to just enjoy something without snapping away too.
At least I think so.
I'm glad you feel that way, because we did a lot of that this trip!

I had to Google him too. But as soon as I saw his picture, I remembered him from Terminator 2.
I recognized the face... but definitely not the name.

I'm surprised they wanted snacks after being stuffed just a short while ago.
But I suppose it was more of a distraction than anything.
They would have been stuffed had they wanted to eat. They really had no interest in food while we were at the restaurant.

So! Tell me your thoughts on the new Avatar land!

No?
Well... to keep it simple... didn't like the movie. Don't like the fact that they're paying for rights to something they don't own when they have so many properties under their umbrella that are under utilized in the parks.

That is the simple, surface scraping, pc version.

They slept through that????

Wow.
Unbelievable, isn't it?

But not, I'm sure, before breathing a sigh of relief.
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes:

Finally all caught up :thumbsup2
That was a lot of BS to wade through, wasn't it?

You have such a darling family! Both your kids are cute as can be.
Thanks!

Lots of ups and downs, and it's only the end of day two (not to mention the hoopla that is DL) :eek:
DL... there will never be another trip like it. Ever.

I look forward to getting to the DL TR. It really turned out much better than it started, but wow. We'll never forget that trip!

Can't wait to see how the rest of the trips go! :woohoo:

Yeah, I get it. Not to mention the screwed up Dis. I'm waiting to post my next update after I figure it out...
Good luck!
I'm sorta dreading starting my TR now.
I will, though... just might be a bit of a challenge.
Then again, now that you don't have to go through p-bucket, might be easier.
Um... let's go with Dopey!
:lmao:

I also thought it was ridiculous to buy the rights to Avatar when they have so many properties already under the Disney umbrella that they could and should do so much more with.
Totally agree on this one.
I never saw Avatar, so I can't comment on the movie itself, but there are definitely ways that Disney count have built a new area at AK with something they already owned - I really don't understand the logic of acquiring the rights to Avatar.
Then again, people may have said the same thing when they opened Star Tours.

Good luck!
I'm sorta dreading starting my TR now.
I will, though... just might be a bit of a challenge.
Then again, now that you don't have to go through p-bucket, might be easier.
I'm trying to figure out the picture posting thing. Seems more complicated than just grabbing the link from photobucket. Then again, I'm lazy and I don't edit pictures. Looks like you kind of have to resize them and re do the resolution to get them to post the right size now? Heck, I don't know. I'll figure it out eventually, or I'll just click the little box to go back to the BB Code Editor and do it the way I always did. I assume it will still work.

Totally agree on this one.
I never saw Avatar, so I can't comment on the movie itself, but there are definitely ways that Disney count have built a new area at AK with something they already owned - I really don't understand the logic of acquiring the rights to Avatar.
Then again, people may have said the same thing when they opened Star Tours.
Eh... it was worth seeing the movie once for the visuals. But I really had no desire to see it again, and I definitely have no interest in a sequel. I thought it was totally overrated.

Star Tours, I think is a bit different. The Studios, in its original form was more of a hodge podge. It paid tribute to Hollywood as a whole and included classic films and nods to classic films from Disney studios among many others. Heck, it was even named MGM. If they were to fit an Avatar based attraction in there, I might have less of a problem with it, but making a whole land in AK based on a film produced by another company just doesn't sit quite as well with me. That land had better be the most impressive thing they've ever built.

So there I was, nothing to do at work, so I opened Disboards and this was the first TR I saw. After catching up, I decided I should reply.

The Family Suites at AoA are amazing. We stayed there in 2013 in the Cars section as well. My younger boys loved it. A lot of what you're going through seems to resonate with me as well. The stroller situations mostly. We have a three wheeled stroller that isn't too difficult to miss, but for some reason, people always seemed to trip over it almost landing in DS2s (now DS3) lap more than once. By the way, he calls him Awful too. It's adorable. And yes, once the sun goes down at Epcot, you better have a sweater. It has to be the openness of it, nothing to hold the heat in.

I'm patiently (maybe not) awaiting an update...

So there I was, nothing to do at work, so I opened Disboards and this was the first TR I saw. After catching up, I decided I should reply.
Well, I'm glad you found us. Welcome!

The Family Suites at AoA are amazing. We stayed there in 2013 in the Cars section as well. My younger boys loved it. A lot of what you're going through seems to resonate with me as well. The stroller situations mostly. We have a three wheeled stroller that isn't too difficult to miss, but for some reason, people always seemed to trip over it almost landing in DS2s (now DS3) lap more than once. By the way, he calls him Awful too. It's adorable. And yes, once the sun goes down at Epcot, you better have a sweater. It has to be the openness of it, nothing to hold the heat in.
Seems we have a lot in common. Except it looks like you've got a teenager. I'm not there yet. Good luck.

I'm patiently (maybe not) awaiting an update...
Um... well the new Dis is screwing with me... I'm going to make an attempt to post one now...

Who Needs Rope Drop??

Ok, the new DIS is screwing with me... I've been putting off posting this for 2 days, but here it goes. And if you've posted an update this week that I've not found yet, I apologize. I like some of the changes they've made, but I'm still struggling with some details. I'm sure we'll all get there eventually!

Those of you who have followed my past TR’s know that I am very adamant about rope drop being one of the most important details when it comes to touring Disney World. I always hit rope drop. After day 1, MiL was even commenting later in the morning that it was a good thing we got there when we did to get so much done before the lines built up. DW, I know, agrees with me and knows it is important.

Yet somehow, getting her out of bed in time for it is still next to impossible.

Thanks to the fact that we had 2 bathrooms in the suite, I was able to give the kids a bath while DW showered. Or so I thought. The kids and I were ready and eating our breakfast. MiL and FiL were ready to go and sitting on the kids’ bed waiting. DW… well, she was eventually ready to go.

I decided since we were off to a later start that we’d just take the bus instead of driving. We were going to MK and as much as I hate taking our stroller on the bus, I figured we’d have to park pretty far back if we drove and then we’d have to go through the TTC, so the bus seemed like the most efficient option.

The park opened at 8 am which is just about the time that we were entering the line for the bus at AoA. Just as we got in line a bus pulled up, but there were enough people in front of us that we were the first family cut off from being able to get on. Thankfully, a pretty big line had already formed behind us and they had one of the new articulated buses pulling into the MK stop literally seconds after the bus pulled away. We got on and I told DW to take the kids to find a seat while I stood off to the side with the stroller. I think we were on our way by about 8:30 or so.

We got into the park and kind of took our time heading in. We had FP+ for 7DMT at 9:05 and since it was close to time, I figured we’d just make that the first stop. We parked the stroller and went to get rider swap. MiL, FiL, DW and DS went on ahead to ride while I waited with DD.

Wanna guess what we did while we waited?

If you guessed Tea Cups… you would be correct. It worked out really well. We finished riding the Tea Cups and walked back over to 7DMT just as everyone else was walking out the exit. DS and I headed into the mine for a ride.

MK_MINETRAIN_7124770129.jpeg

I have to say that I really enjoyed the ride. I thought it was fun, but while I had heard it was short, I didn’t realize how short it was until I experienced it. I really do wish it was longer, but it is a fun ride and makes a nice transition coaster between Barnstormer and BTMRR.

As for the swinging cars… if you weigh about 230 and ride with your 4 year old son, that car ain’t swinging. You’re going to be spending the entire ride tilting slightly to the side that your fat butt is on.

While we were riding everyone else headed off to ride Barnstormer with hardly any wait. I called when we couldn’t find them at the stroller or Tea Cups and they were just getting off. I told them to meet us near the Tea Cups and we’d head over to Space Mountain.

DS was just tall enough to ride Space, but he is terrified of dark. I told him exactly what the ride was and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to ride or not. We went ahead to check his height, and he was tall enough, but still uncertain. Since he wasn’t sure, DW and I told MiL and FiL to go ahead. We didn’t have FP+ so they were going into the Standby line with a 15 minute posted wait. We grabbed a Rider Swap pass and continued talking to DS about whether he wanted to ride or not. MiL and FiL got back and DS decided he’d try it. When we walked to the entrance though, he must have been slouching because even though he was tall enough 20 minutes earlier, he wasn’t tall enough now. He went back over to MiL and FiL and DW and I continued on into the queue. In hindsight, it really is best that he didn’t ride. Because when I say he doesn’t like the dark, he really, really doesn’t like the dark. I don’t think he’d have enjoyed it very much as we’d learn from another experience later.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7124818413.jpeg

After our trip through space, our next FP+ was for BTMRR. Nothing like walking clear across the park folks.

Who’s the idiot who came up with this idea?

Again, we grabbed a rider swap. DD and I waited, as usual, while everyone else rode. We headed over to Splash to check on the line, but it was closed. I took her to the play area under the railroad station, but we were only there a few minutes before she needed a diaper. We took care of that and then headed back over to the BTMRR exit area in time to see everyone else riding.

They finished and DS and I headed off to ride again with the Rider Swap. DD wasn’t very happy about it. She wanted to ride and the explanation that she isn’t tall enough didn’t sit very well. DW finally distracted her somehow and DS and I went to ride.

He really loves BTMRR just about as much as I do. It was a lot of fun riding it with him! His favorite part?

The possum that hangs from the tree branch.

Yes, that is what BTMRR is if you ask him… it’s the train with the possum in the tree.

Splash Mountain was still closed, so we decided we might as well grab some lunch since it was about 11 am. We headed back to the stroller and took some silly pictures…

DSC_1130.jpg

Then we decided we’d go try out Tortuga Tavern. This was the first time we’ve ever been there, and I have to say, I enjoyed it. I had a burrito and they have a fixin’s bar very similar to that at Peco’s Bill. I loaded my burrito to the point that I could barely fold the tortilla up. But it was good, I’d definitely go back if I ever see it open again. DW had the taco salad and enjoyed hers as well.

When we finished eating we went to use our FP+ for pirates, only to find out it was closed. We planned to take a break and return to MK later, so I got on the app and rescheduled for later that evening.

We hadn’t seen the Tiki Birds yet, so we decided this was as good a time as any to see it. It is a fun show. I enjoy getting off my feet for a while, and the kids absolutely love it. After the birds made us disappear, we naturally had to ride the Magic Carpets since they were right there. It was still just after noon but we decided that we should probably head out of the park and try to take a longer break.

On the way out we thought we’d try to see the Swiss Family Tree House though. DW had never been on it and it had been years since I had. I can’t say that I missed it, but it was nice to walk through and check it out.

We did get yelled at by some lady as we were approaching the entrance. Obviously, there was no line… we walked up to the entrance and started to walk in, but she yelled at us for cutting…

She was standing several feet back from the entrance waiting on someone to join her group so they could go in and she apparently felt like we were cutting. You know, since there were maybe already 20 in the attraction, I guess the thought of 6 more in front of her group was just unbearable, so let’s just create a log jam here in the middle of the walkway at the entrance. I really didn’t care and we had the kids so I knew we’d be slow so I let her go, but seriously, whatever… Can you say Beeotch?

I know I did. :rolleyes1

We toured the treehouse and headed out of the park. I don’t remember if this picture was taken on our way out for this break, but let’s just say it was since this update could use another picture…

20141215_103825.jpg

We got on a bus with plenty of seats for all of us and were quickly on our way. We had about 3 hours to spend back at AoA, but here’s how tired I was. Normally if we have a 2 or 3 hour break, I wait until DW and the kids lay down for naps and I’m out the door. This time, I might have been the first one asleep. The drive through the night on our way down really took a little more out of me this trip than it has in trips past.

I always hit rope drop. After day 1, MiL was even commenting later in the morning that it was a good thing we got there when we did to get so much done before the lines built up. DW, I know, agrees with me and knows it is important.

Yet somehow, getting her out of bed in time for it is still next to impossible.

:sad2: Keep fighting the good fight, Andy.

The park opened at 8 am which is just about the time that we were entering the line for the bus at AoA. Just as we got in line a bus pulled up, but there were enough people in front of us that we were the first family cut off from being able to get on.

That's my fear every single time we get to a bus stop there.

Wanna guess what we did while we waited?

If you guessed Tea Cups… you would be correct.

Wow, you're really a glutton for punishment there.

As for the swinging cars… if you weigh about 230 and ride with your 4 year old son, that car ain’t swinging. You’re going to be spending the entire ride tilting slightly to the side that your fat butt is on.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Because when I say he doesn’t like the dark, he really, really doesn’t like the dark. I don’t think he’d have enjoyed it very much as we’d learn from another experience later.

Gotta say, from the picture you don't seem to be too thrilled about it either.

Who’s the idiot who came up with this idea?

I can answer that, if you really want me to.

He really loves BTMRR just about as much as I do. It was a lot of fun riding it with him! His favorite part?

Yes, that is what BTMRR is if you ask him… it’s the train with the possum in the tree.

Hey, he's a boy who notices and enjoys the details. Future Imagineer.:thumbsup2

We did get yelled at by some lady as we were approaching the entrance. Obviously, there was no line… we walked up to the entrance and started to walk in, but she yelled at us for cutting…

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Ok, I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but burst out laughing at this. You're worried about the line, at all places, for the Swiss Family Treehouse? I was there in the middle of peak season in July and didn't even see a line there. Wow.

I don’t remember if this picture was taken on our way out for this break, but let’s just say it was since this update could use another picture…

Great shot! :thumbsup2

This time, I might have been the first one asleep. The drive through the night on our way down really took a little more out of me this trip than it has in trips past.

Congratulations! You're going through the aging process!:woohoo:

Andy,
Sorry I am a month behind...all caught up now.
I felt the way you did at HS...too crowded!!o_O
Love that Pixie Dust...A room upgrade to a Cars Suitepixiedust:

Hope your back is improving and that you had a great time in California. We loved it when we went in 2008.
We rode the bus one day this trip but drove all the others. Was much more convienient with the wheelchair and Morgan can score on Parking spaces:moped:Can't wait for more and I hope I keep up this time.
Lee

If you guessed Tea Cups… you would be correct. It worked out really well. We finished riding the Tea Cups and walked back over to 7DMT just as everyone else was walking out the exit. DS and I headed into the mine for a ride.
Seems like Tea Cups first thing is a habit with you guys!

For the record - I didn't have very much swinging when I went on it, and my sister and I are almost the same size. Although that might have been in part due to the people in front of us (a mom and kid if I remember correctly ... so there was a weight differential there).

Because when I say he doesn’t like the dark, he really, really doesn’t like the dark.
Good thing he didn't do it then - that ride is not good for people who don't like the dark. I always use it as "proof" that I'm not afraid of the dark - if I was afraid of the dark, I wouldn't love Space Mountain quite so much.

After our trip through space, our next FP+ was for BTMRR. Nothing like walking clear across the park folks.

Sounds like a smart plan, really.

AWESOME! That is so hysterical & adorable!

I love the "silly" pictures ... and I love DD's Minnie dress!

She was standing several feet back from the entrance waiting on someone to join her group so they could go in and she apparently felt like we were cutting. You know, since there were maybe already 20 in the attraction, I guess the thought of 6 more in front of her group was just unbearable, so let’s just create a log jam here in the middle of the walkway at the entrance. I really didn’t care and we had the kids so I knew we’d be slow so I let her go, but seriously, whatever… Can you say Beeotch?

Um, I think crazy might be an appropriate word as well. You can't cut someone who is not on line. Seriously, people, act like humans.

I love this picture!!

The drive through the night on our way down really took a little more out of me this trip than it has in trips past.

So, I guess you'll be flying down next trip?
That or you're getting old. I've found that lately I haven't been doing as well on no sleep as I used to back when I was younger.

Hi Andy! A first time reader of your TRs here! Looks like a fun trip so far, you're little ones are adorable! You are right about Epcot being cold in the winter, we had to leave on a particularly chilly night in November because we just couldn't warm up!

Looking forward to reading along.

Seems we have a lot in common. Except it looks like you've got a teenager. I'm not there yet. Good luck.

Yes...but he's most likely to do what ever he wants and not fuss about the things we're doing.

Um... well the new Dis is screwing with me... I'm going to make an attempt to post one now...

I've noticed that too. For the first time since the board switch I'm seeing my signature.

All caught up- brave soul on the tiki room. Hubs refused this trip, he said once was enough for a lifetime!

You DD is the cutest, I loved her outfit for MK. I appreciate the play area near splash for the non riding kids, better than chasing them around the streets I guess :thumbsup2

I am with you on rope drop! As far back as I can remember we have always gone to the parks at opening, but we're morning people!

The picture of you and DS on 7DMT are really cute; he looks so pumped. I've been hearing it's too short, which stinks, but I'm still psyched to go!

SM would probably have scred DS if he's afraid of the dark. Sis had a flip out in the queue one year cause of the dark, I feel like it got darker in the mid 1990s. And what's up with the dude in the first row on your SM pic? :confused3

Poor DD not being tall enough, I remember those days, well not personally, but I remember when Sis was too short! :rotfl:

What a cow at SFRTH. What is wrong with people? You're in the happiest place on earth, take a chill pill.

Hey, I'm with DW. Vacations are for sleeping in. :duck:

This trip will be the first time we try to make RD. I know my boys will be ready and willing. I just hope I can drag myself out of the room.

The look on the guy's face on your Space Mountain ride? :lmao:

It stinks to get old, doesn't it? Those all-nighters aren't as easy as they were in college. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter