Solo trip this Spring or in the Fall for Pandora?

OatsZoo

DIS Veteran
Starting to plan a solo trip, was hoping for this spring but now I am thinking with Pandora, should I wait till Fall. I've been to WDW numerous times in September and am kind of over the Halloween decorating at WDW but would I be mad if I miss the chance to see Pandora? First solo trip also so any pointers for solo trip in spring vs fall. Thanks

You know how important Pandora is to you... we don't.

I don't know if it's guaranteed to be open by fall, either.

I've done solo trips in spring and fall, and I don't consider one better than the other for solos. Spring has the Flower & Garden Festival, and fall has the Food & Wine Festival.

BTW, if you end up going in early March, you'd be welcome to join one of my dining reservations, if you like. I'm there March 1-11.

Agree with PP, it depends on how badly you want to see Pandora -- and how soon after it opens. Not sure when your next trip after this one will be, but if you don't mind waiting to see Pandora until later, spring at WDW is an amazing time to go. I love Epcot during Flower & Garden.

You're going to really hate missing it, it's a lot of this and that and some of "oh I need to do that" with amazing new food and snacks.. The thing is not even finished, half of it is still just dirt and not anything to even see if your building it.. nobody can say if it's a move your vacation, don't miss new land yet...

as said, are you an avatar fan that finds it worth waiting to visit wdw? to me it's 2 new rides and maybe some food that may not suck too bad that I want to eat.. i can't get through more than 10 minutes of the movie. I'll go near when it opens because it's something new to do at AK. To me it's not worth changing when I come.

One thing i will say, many are thinking the way you are. The question in my mind is, is there enough to make the rest of WDW low crowd until it does open? How many years with things coming until this chance for possible low crowds might happen again? Thikn is the last year until somewhere in 2020s that somethign new isn't coming every year to keep crowds not only staying but growing.

I always go solo in the Fall & find both MNSSHP & Food & Wine to be great signature solo events. While I enjoy eating on my own at both quick service & table service, the Halloween Party lets me put dining on a back burner to simply enjoy the entertainment & evening. Given the price of party tickets, if only paying for one person, it makes it much more do-able. F&W is great for noshing & trying different food without having to commit to a large plate. The Fall Free Dining (while increasingly limited in dates) is a real score at F&W because the booths are an incredible use of your snack credits. Pandora is a great bonus. Fingers crossed it should be open by Fall.

If you're not going to be back for a while, then I vote fall. Wait for Pandora. If you might plan another trip in 2018, then I might go ahead and go in the Spring, then save Pandora for my next go.

Thanks for the tips, I have never actually seen Avator, which is funny cause James Cameron is from my home town. Lol but will for sure watch it before I go see Pandora. I assume if rumours are true it will be open in end of May/June. As I am not sure when my next trip will be, I hate to miss something new.

I have been to MNSSHP twice so I will not be doing that. But...have never done Food and Wine so that is an option.

Still haven't decided but keep the suggestions coming. Thanks guys

I actually like Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival food kiosks more than their Food & Wine Festival kiosks. I find the spring ones have more variety of fresh items with fruits and vegetables, in addition to meat and desserts, while the autumn ones are more towards meat and desserts, with fewer items including produce.

I go solo at least once a year, I go to both F&G and F&W so both spring and fall. Both have their advantages, it's a little cooler in the spring and seems to have less rain. As far as Avatar, if you don't think you will be back for a while, I guess I'd say roll your dice and take your chance it will be open for fall, no harm in waiting. As far as tips for going solo. If you don't normally eat out by yourself, make a few practice rounds while at home somewhere you are comfortable with. The good thing about going solo is your truly do have a chance to do exactly as you want. Sleep in or not, go rope drop to park close or only spend 2 hours in the park. Eat cake for breakfast or have a refreshing adult beverage when you want to. Since most of my solo trips are during F&W, almost all my meals comes from booths. I'll have breakfast at the resort or a park and the rest of my meals are either from booths, seminars or food and wine pairing meals. Every time I go, I swear I'm not going to book too many seminars and end up doing it any way because so many of them interest me. The little ones they have at the festival center are great if you are solo and are only $15 (or were) if you go to the cooking ones you get a little sample of what they cook and a sample of wine to go with. The food and wine pairing meals are also great to go to solo, you are seated at a big table with the rest of the group and I've never had any problems talking to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter