Solo Traveler needs advice!!!

Frank Bullitt

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Need some help, I'm visiting WDW sept 25-Oct 2 staying @ the contemporary...
I'm 27 years old and was going to travel with my brother to celebrate completing my MBA but he could not get off work...
I need some help from the veterans.
1.) I am booked in the Garden wind of the Contemporary, is there a way to get a complimentary upgrade to the tower since its the slow season? is there any particular way to do it?
2.) to practical, I haven't been to WDW since 1990, what all has changed? Just kidding...I've been reading up on all the new rides that have come out, but is there anything I need to know about in the last week of September (attendance, weather, events?)
3.) any veterans out there who may be in WDW in that time frame?

Thanks for your help!

Congrats on your MBA. I celebrated in Disney this summer after finishing my MA in education. I really think the night shows are not to be missed.

Frank Bullitt said:
Hi,
Need some help, I'm visiting WDW sept 25-Oct 2 staying @ the contemporary...
I'm 27 years old and was going to travel with my brother to celebrate completing my MBA but he could not get off work...
I need some help from the veterans.
1.) I am booked in the Garden wind of the Contemporary, is there a way to get a complimentary upgrade to the tower since its the slow season? is there any particular way to do it?
2.) to practical, I haven't been to WDW since 1990, what all has changed? Just kidding...I've been reading up on all the new rides that have come out, but is there anything I need to know about in the last week of September (attendance, weather, events?)
3.) any veterans out there who may be in WDW in that time frame?

Thanks for your help!

1) When you check in, tell them you're celebrating your MBA graduation (congrats, btw!) and that you're wondering if a tower room is available instead and ask how much it would cost to upgrade. If they respond with a dollar amount, put on the sad sack face and politely decline with a sigh.

2) Epcot's Food and Wine Festival starts on 9/30!!!

3) See the thread about the adult-only monorail resort bar crawl on Sept 30! Come join us! :)

Frank Bullitt said:
any veterans out there who may be in WDW in that time frame?

Congrats on completing your MBA and welcome to the boards!!! This is a great place to help you plan your trip. I'll be in the world Sept. 29-Oct. 4 - bringing along a friend who hasn't been there since Epcot first opened!!

Definitely plan on doing the Food & Wine Fest at Epcot - the Eat to the Beat concerts are free and Kansas will be playing while you're there.
Here's more info from wdwinfo.com:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/index.htm#eattothebeat

Enjoy!!! :teeth:

Congrats on completing your MBA! WDW is a great place to celebrate! And to help you celebrate, you are cordially invitied to join ImprovGal, myself and a bunch of other DISers on a "DIS mobile social hour" on Sept 30th at 4:59pm. Check out the thread or PM me for more info:Click Here! (travelin' tigger, you and your friend are welcome to join us, too)

ImprovGal had good advice for checking in and asking about an upgrade. Disney loves to help people celebrate and you might just be surprised.

Definitely check out the Food & Wine Fest, too!

Cheers!

maine_jennifer said:
travelin' tigger, you and your friend welcome to join us, too

Thanks for inviting us - I was actually considering when you first posted your thread, but we only have 3 park days planned and the 30th happens to be one of them. We do have a 6:20p AR @ Ohana's on the 29th, then watching Wishes from the beach of the Poly (maybe a Lapu Lapu in hand!) followed by Jellyrolls!!

Thank you everyone for your help! I would definately be interested in doing the monorail crawl on Sept 30th, I've done my fair share of "pub crawls" back in college but that would definately be a 1st for me....
is there a way for me to give out my contact info (e-mail, etc) without everyone in the whole world seeing it? I would like to get together with some of y'all to make this trip memorable...

Frank Bullitt said:
Thank you everyone for your help! I would definately be interested in doing the monorail crawl on Sept 30th, I've done my fair share of "pub crawls" back in college but that would definately be a 1st for me....is there a way for me to give out my contact info (e-mail, etc) without everyone in the whole world seeing it? I would like to get together with some of y'all to make this trip memorable...

If you click on the posters name (in the upper left hand corner of each post), it'll bring up a menu and you can send a private message from there. I'll send you one to get you started.

Cheers!

For a solo evening, try the Adventurer's Club at PI. It's fun in a group or solo! Give it a few rounds to warm up (you'll understand when you're there). Since your ticket is for PI in general, you can always move on to another venue if you don't enjoy the AC.

If you need a break from the parks, tour the resorts. Not thrilling stuff for a single guy, but you can always plan where you want to stop for a drink or meal! It's a great opportunity to see where you might like to stay in the future! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter