Solo in Tokyo Disney?

Lynn57

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

So, it looks like I will be going to visit a friend in Vietnam and am hoping to visit Tokyo Disney while I am on that side of the world! I will be traveling alone, and have never been to Asia before, so I would love any tips you can provide. Anything I need to know as a female in her mid-thirties traveling solo to Tokyo Disney Resort?

Thanks!

I can't think of anything that you'd need to be aware of as a solo traveller. Tokyo Disney seems to have a pretty high proportion of teenage / young adult solo (local) visitors, so I don't think you'll feel too out of place.

It may be a bit of a challenge if you want to get photos with any roaming characters as the handler is often busy trying to keep the crowds under control (especially if the character is popular like Marie), but it's not an issue at the organised meet and greet locations throughout the park.

I've traveled solo to TDR several times, but there's nothing I can think of to specifically say about traveling there solo. I will say that Japan in general is one of the safest places you can visit, and I've always felt comfortable there. I've been touched at how much effort many Japanese will put into trying to help a foreigner, even if they don't speak English. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

I was just there with my family in August and I will say that it was very hot and sticky! So if you go in the Summer, be sure to bring a wash cloth. I couldn't figure out all of the towels and little terry washcloths that folks were carrying. I discovered you could even buy them in the stores in the Parks. I understood after about an hour -- because you really wanted to pat the sweat off. Another thing everyone carried was an umbrella or they bought a poncho. The umbrellas were opened during the day to provide shade while waiting in line. Plus they were really handy when a quick storm blew through. There aren't many places that you can get to that are undercover. It was sad that my family didn't have umbrellas or ponchos when we needed them. But we had a great time!! We easily spent one full day at DisneySea and the next at Tokyo Disney. Plus I don't know that you will notice that you are solo because it's a lot to take in and do there.

I wouldn't worry at ALL being solo, Japan was hands down the safest I've ever felt in my life, and that the same in Disney, and fairly easy to be solo as well. The hardest part would be saving spots for parades, but if you get one of those little mats everyone has, and then need to run to do something super quick I'd think it'd be easy enough to mime to your neighbour that you'll be right back.

It wouldn't be much different from being solo in any Disney parks, and would be a blast! Tokyo is my favorite!!

I wouldn't worry at ALL being solo, Japan was hands down the safest I've ever felt in my life, and that the same in Disney, and fairly easy to be solo as well. The hardest part would be saving spots for parades, but if you get one of those little mats everyone has, and then need to run to do something super quick I'd think it'd be easy enough to mime to your neighbour that you'll be right back.

It wouldn't be much different from being solo in any Disney parks, and would be a blast! Tokyo is my favorite!!

Thanks Katt!!! I was following your trip on instagram and snapchat! I'm so glad you had a great time and am sure I will have a lot more questions for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter