Soggy Diaper Goo May Save Homes From Wildfires

Serena

<font color=navy>Not afraid of canned biscuits<br>
Can you believe this?! I just saw this article.

Soggy Diaper Goo May Save Homes From Wildfires
Typical House Would Cost About $400
Posted: 3:32 p.m. EDT July 25, 2002

JUPITER, Fla. -- The stuff that makes diapers extra-absorbent can save your home.

A Florida firefighter has invented a fireproof material to protect homes from wildfires. John Bartlett says the "Barricade Fire-Blocking Gel" uses the same super-absorbent polymers that help disposable diapers soak up that soggy mess.

The Palm Beach County firefighter says he got the idea at a 1993 house fire where he found a "wet, stinky disposable baby diaper" unburned amid charred debris.

Now he's marketing a gel to be sprayed on homes with a garden hose. The material soaks up a huge volume of water and forms a protective coating for houses.

He says a typical house would take about an hour to coat -- at a cost less than $400.

Officials at fire departments around the country are stocking up on the goo.

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press.

You don't even want to know the picture I had in my mind before I read the whole article...LOL...But hey if it works!

It sounds good to me. Its the same stuff that we use in the neckbands to keep us cool.

LOL Beauty. I think I had the same thought!!! :)

hmmmmmmmmmm Im sure I could find some around here... anyone interested? I could make a bundle!!

no? ;)

LOL, I did too.

My question is, isn't that the same stuff that is in our landfills, the stuff that we are supposed to use less of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter