Soft openings for Tiana's Bayou Adventure

There are some reading the tea leaves thinking it will more likely be an early - mid June opening, but I will continue to hope for Memorial weekend because we will be there 😁

Yeah cause it’s so hard for them to open up 2 weeks earlier to allow those fans to enjoy it. lol who knows

Opening Mickey and friends and the new plaza on June 10th also in Epcot.

Last edited:
We already have hotel and flight for Memorial Weekend, but I'm willing to change to mid or late June. Hopefully we'll have an announcement soon.

FWIW Guardians, which had a Memorial Day weekend opening, announced that date on April 4. That came with cast and AP previews leading up to the official opening.
So there's a chance they'll have the AP preview for Tiana during Memorial. 🤪

We already have hotel and flight for Memorial Weekend, but I'm willing to change to mid or late June. Hopefully we'll have an announcement soon.
This is why I'd rather put off going for a couple of months after opening. I'd be pretty irritated if I changed my plans to be there for opening just to find out that the VQ is sold out or the lines are 6 hours long.

Speaking of which, do we think they'll run a VQ and/or an ILL for TBA? If they do, would they finally remove the ILL for 7DMT?

This is why I'd rather put off going for a couple of months after opening. I'd be pretty irritated if I changed my plans to be there for opening just to find out that the VQ is sold out or the lines are 6 hours long.

Speaking of which, do we think they'll run a VQ and/or an ILL for TBA? If they do, would they finally remove the ILL for 7DMT?
I'm hoping they'll have both VQ and iLL for the first few months, then go to Genie+. I don't remember Splash being as popular as 7DMT though.

We were there for the opening of Guardians and Tron, and had no issues getting the iLL. We were also able to get a 1PM VQ for Guardians.

I'm beginning to accept that Tiana is not going to open on Memorial Weekend. 🥺

If media previews happen June 9-11 and DVC/AP previews are for a few weeks after that, would the ride be available for all guests present during Extended evening hours regardless of DVC/AP status? I can't recall how it worked for GotG or Tron

If media previews happen June 9-11 and DVC/AP previews are for a few weeks after that, would the ride be available for all guests present during Extended evening hours regardless of DVC/AP status? I can't recall how it worked for GotG or Tron

I'd have to go back and double check, but I believe for Tron and Guardians, the DVC/AP previews actually started before the Media Preview date, and the previews lasted about 5 weeks in total (between preview dates and soft opening) before the ride officially opened. I'd think if they follow the same timeline and the media preview is the 9th-11th, that the soft opening will be the next week after with an opening date closer to maybe June 20th.

I'd have to go back and double check, but I believe for Tron and Guardians, the DVC/AP previews actually started before the Media Preview date, and the previews lasted about 5 weeks in total (between preview dates and soft opening) before the ride officially opened. I'd think if they follow the same timeline and the media preview is the 9th-11th, that the soft opening will be the next week after with an opening date closer to maybe June 20th.
Thanks for the info! Do you recall, during those preview windows, were Tron and Guardians open for all guests or just DVC/AP during extended hours? We'll probably be there end of June and just wanting to temper our expectations

Thanks for the info! Do you recall, during those preview windows, were Tron and Guardians open for all guests or just DVC/AP during extended hours? We'll probably be there end of June and just wanting to temper our expectations
During the previews it is only for select guests (DVC, AP, D23, Club 33 and Cast members all have their own preview windows technically). I dont remember either running during extended hours. During the soft opening, the hours were limited and anyone could use the virtual queue for access.

I don't think they were open for extended hours for regular guests, actually I don't believe they were open at all during EEH. I would not count on it.

I've read (around here) that DVC/AP comes before the media preview... does anyone think those previews could start by/before Memorial Day Weekend? Also, if one hypothetically qualifies for both DVC and AP, do they need to win the virtual queue/lottery or do you just show up with your ID? Also, if there IS a lottery, how far in advance would it be?

I've read (around here) that DVC/AP comes before the media preview... does anyone think those previews could start by/before Memorial Day Weekend? Also, if one hypothetically qualifies for both DVC and AP, do they need to win the virtual queue/lottery or do you just show up with your ID? Also, if there IS a lottery, how far in advance would it be?
There will be a sign up online. You can’t just show up and ride.

I heard that there likely won't be DVC/AP previews because, historically, Disney hasn't offered them with rethemes (like Frozen Ever After). So, for the timeline of opening, I think we just need to wait for cast member previews and media previews, not DVC/AP previews.

I heard that there likely won't be DVC/AP previews because, historically, Disney hasn't offered them with rethemes (like Frozen Ever After). So, for the timeline of opening, I think we just need to wait for cast member previews and media previews, not DVC/AP previews.
Seems like a weird business decision not to reward their most loyal guests, especially when it doesn’t cost them anything more than setting up an online registration and bare bones IT to determine who has the appropriate ride pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter