• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So what's your favorite resort?

Of the resorts we stayed in so far Beach Club is definitely my favourite. Another vote for location and proximity to the eateries of Epcot and Boardwalk. being able to walk to both DHS and Epcot is a huge bonus too. The Yacht and Beach range of ts restaurants and the pool plus the light and airy rooms makes it my winner.
DD favourite was definitely OKW - she loved the studios, boat ride to Disney springs and the small pools.
DS preferred the GF for the architecture which reminded him of an ocean liner :goodvibes:

Contemporary, because you can walk to MK, it has the monorail running through it, it has a sophisticated style, and it was the first one created.

DVC member here. Only stayed at 2 non-DVC and they were POR and CR. Both were nice stays but not our faves. Stayed at all WDW DVC resorts except VGF and PVB. We have a group of 4 that we now will try to book every trip: BCV, AKV, BWV and VWL. Those are our top 4. Probably BCV and AKV as top 2 (though BCV just took the jetted tubs away from the 1 and 2 bedroom villas...so that bums me out and may bump BWV in it's place).

BCV is tops for us because it is a hop, skip and a jump to Epcot which is our very fave park. We also LOVE F&W and being near Epcot for F&W ROCKS!!! We like the quaint quiet feel at BCV. The pool is fantastic as are all the dining options around BC/YC/BW. Beaches and Cream!!!!! (We like BWV for much of the same reasons except it is a bit busier/noisier resort than BCV and a tad longer walk to Epcot...but it has the jetted tubs and a closer walk to HS, so might be time to bump BWV up in place of BCV)

AKV is tops because the resort is just stunning. It's very well themed. The dining options are the very best, some of our faves. The animals are awesome. The pools are lovely too. I also like that the Kidani villas have an extra bathroom...very nice to have with 3 teenagers. It's a large resort and easy to book as well as not too consuming of our points unlike the new PVB. (We like VWL for the same impressive theme-ing. Also not bad points-wise and a very quaint/quiet resort. And VERY lovely over the holidays)

If I were offered a free regular room stay at WDW I would likely pick Yacht Club as it would be new to try and have all the same things we love about BCV.

Interesting responses. Beach club is popular! My question is ..... Which resort is the most impressive for non-resort days, hanging at the pools etc? Pre-school view on this .....

We love Beach Club! We love the pool, the proximity to Epcot and DHS, and we love the Boardwalk access as well. We consider it our home away from home.

A close second would be POR. We stayed there a couple of years ago and got upgraded to a Royal Room. Loved the room and the fireworks effects as well! The grounds are beautiful, and it's close enough to walk to POFQ to get some yummy beignets.

As far as values go, POP is our favorite. We've been taking our kids to Disney for a few years now, and this was the resort of choice when they were younger. They loved the different pools, the food court, and it was fun to walk around and check out all of the details in the resort.

How many times have you visited DW? This will be our 2nd.

Yacht Club.

I love the walk to both Epcot and HS since they are my favorite parks. I like the adult feel to it and love sitting out on a balcony early morning and just hearing nothing. The Swan is inching up there close though, the rooms are a bit too just business hotel to make it my favorite though. I do like it's location, the rooms are large and comfortable and the staff very friendly. I like the fact that they have a lap pool with a hot tub as well as a big pool. If they added full sized balconies like YC, I could see, even with the business type rooms, it soon becoming my favorite.

I'm with you on the still, quiet mornings!

We have loved all of the resorts we've stayed at, but the Poly is our favorite for the following reasons:

- large, spacious rooms with all rooms having a daybed
- great pool that backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle (can watch Wishes while swimming)
- great dining, with a variety of options a quick monorail ride away at the GF & CR
- Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals/snacks
- beautiful tropical atmosphere
- 2 monorail stops from MK (3 coming back)
- 5-7 minute walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail

With that said, I agree with Babsy about the GF as well (we haven't stayed at the CR). The Poly is our favorite overall, but the GF runs a very close second as we love staying on the monorail and being close to MK.

I've heard great things about the GF.

Previously stays at BLT, Poly, GF CR, WL, AKL, BC, YC, BWI, Swan/Dolphin, POFQ, POR, CS, CBR, ASMu, ASMo and POP
Cant pick just one each one of them has very special meaning plus my family goes through favorite phases so right now the favorite is YC
Love the proximity to Epcot love the quietness plus of course Stormalong Bay. I spend more time at the resorts than the parks so for me this is a perfect place to just take it all in.
AKL is also top of my list. I could stay there all day and never leave the property.

Without a doubt, Port Orleans Riverside. I love the boat transportation to Disney Springs. I love the theme of the resort. I love how peaceful the resort is. I feel like I'm down on the Bayou when I'm there and I just feel relaxed. It was the first on-site hotel I stayed at with my dad that I can remember and it's really special to both of us.

Since my favorite resort can only be chosen from the places we've stayed, I'll let you know that we've stayed at every deluxe and 2 moderates (POR and CBR). We have not stayed at a value.

So out of those resorts....we have loved BC for many, many years and have now grown to love Poly and GF. If I had to choose a resort to stay at tomorrow, I'd probably go with Poly because there's just something about having a 1st floor room with patio right on the beach facing the Castle.

The GF is also up there for consideration because of the overall luxurious feeling of staying there.....just love the rooms, the shopping, the piano/band.

The BC will always be a favorite due to the location (walk to both Epcot and HS) and the pool.

WL (although we are trying GF this trip)! We love starting the day with a boat ride to MK, the different lounges scattered throughout the lobby for relaxing in the evening, bus service is very reasonable, and the theming is so detailed and gorgeous! Definitely "home"!

Poly: theming, location, history, transportation options, pools, restaurants, boutiki, capt cook's, marina, bars/lounges, trader sam's, monorail, resort music, room size, ewp/wishes from beach. That about covers it I think!

POFQ is our favorite

It is smaller and really quiet
The begnets
The boats to Disney Springs and the carriage rides

Oh boy! Can't pick just one! We've stayed at:

Deluxe:
AKL, WL, BC, YC, Poly, & GF

Mods:
POR, POFQ, & CBR.

Value:
Pop

So in Mod category I liked POR best. But enjoyed all of the mods we stayed at for different reasons. POR IMO, has more to offer with beautiful grounds and landscaping, great food court, love Bob Jacksons show, boat to DTD. POFQ has many of the same things as its sister resort but lacks quiet pools and resort feels too cramped for me, but that's what some like about it, small size. It's a personal pref.

In Deluxe category, again, I loved all of them. But if I had to pick...GF would be the fav. There's just something magical about staying in the MK area, and seeing the Castle from your resort, and being able to watch Wishes & Electric Water Parade.
In Epcot area it would be YC. Mainly because I'm guaranteed a full balcony there.

For Values, I have nothing to compare. I've only stayed at Pop a couple of times for a day pre deluxe stay if I am arriving late.

Hands down CSR but I never stayed at deluxe. We loved the food (Maya Grill and Siesta Cantina especially) the pool area, the waterslide and the bus service there (never waited more than 10 minutes and always had a seat).

My ranking:
#1 CSR
#2 AoA
#3 ASMo
#4 Pop

I'm looking forward trying POFQ in 2017.

Yacht Club. I wish they would/could build DVC there.

We are staying at AKL in 2 weeks. Maybe it will become a new favorite.

Currently CBR, love the atmosphere. We are staying deluxe for the first time in August at Poly, my dream resort. I have a feeling it will become my new favorite.

We've stayed at CBR (2x), BWI, POFQ and will be staying at SSR this fall. I have to say, I like the mods for the value of them. Nice size rooms, nice grounds, table service restaurants. CBR is wonderful due to the landscaping....everything is gorgeous. I feel like I'm really on vacation there. BWI was great for the proximity to HS and EP but with a small child, I found food choices for a quick bite to eat difficult at the time. POFQ was our last stay and we swore from then on we would not go anywhere else ever...the vibe and size was perfection, the boat to DS was great....we loved it. Well, my parents are DVC and gave us their points this year so we are off to SSR and we will see how that one is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter