So Many Questions

prader

Earning My Ears
HI all, I just discovered this site, and wish I would of found it sooner. I was reading alot of the post (not all though, not enough time), and alot of my questions were answered, but I was writing down more. We are coming to Fl on Wed, July 2nd, for the first time ever. We will be staying at the Sheraton World Resort for a conference, then on Sat, July 5th, we are starting a 6 day Make a Wish trip for my son. The Give Kids the World Village is full, so they are having us stay at the Grand Floridian Resort. Here are some of my questions, if you don't mind. Thanks in advance, and I'll probably have more as the time gets closer.
1) Can you take in the WDW snacks and water bottles, or the refillable mugs (for water)?
2) Watching the fireworks....do they have places to sit, chairs, or is it just standing around?
3) Same for parades, do you have to stand, or can you watch sitting down? Where would I find a schedule of the parades (and fireworks)?
4) Is there extra cost for the shows at WDW?
5) I read one of the post about campfires, what is this about, is it just at the campground?
6) Also read about Guest of Honor badges, how to do you get these, the cost, and what would this mean over not having one?
7) My children (twins, son is the wish child) will be having their 15th birthday on July 12th. While we won't still be there then, do they do anything special for upcoming b'days, or does it have to be on the birthday?
8) How much does it cost for parking at the parks?
9) Where would I find a list of the rides that you would get wet on?
10) While son doesn't need or use a wheelchair, he does get tired with alot of walking. Any suggestions on how to get around? Having foot surgery in Aug. :(
11) This question is for me;) I'd like to pack some of those small bottles of booze (the kind that are enough to make a drink of two) but wondered if the airlines would allow that, taking Northwest Airlines. Anybody have any experience on that?
Thanks again for this board. Going back to WDW Aug. 11-15 as DD is performing there, so I can use all the help I can get.

First off, Welcome to the Dis!!!! You will find loads of great info here and some really nice people too.

Ill help with what I can...

1, Technically the rule is only water and babyfood are allowed in, but that rule is usually not enforced. Bringing an empty mug wont be a problem either. We have often had ours with us as we plan to stop at the food court to fill them up on our way back to our room at night.

2, There are some benches around that you may be able to snag, especially if you scope one out early enough, but they dont set up anything special for the display.

3, Same as 2, although we usually sit on the curb of Main St to watch the parade. Then again, I suppose you could do that for fireworks too. You can find a schedule on waltdisneyworld.com, go to parks, then park hours and fill in the month you want and the park.

4, For most shows, no. Dinner shows(Hoop De Doo, Luau..) yes.

5, I dont have much info on that

6, I believe they sell them at DTD and they cost a few dollars. You may get a little extra attention, like CMs calling you by name, but I dont think they are crucial to having a good trip.

7, Since it will be so close to their birthday you can celebrate it during the trip. Mention it to servers in restaurants and the like and Im sure they will get some extra attention. Im usually a stickler for only celebrating on the birthday, but when its kids and a matter of a few days, I dont see a problem.

8, I believe parking is free when staying on site. Personally even if we have a car with us we never use it. The buses are so much more convenient to us. They drop off not far from the entrance and when returning after a hot day at the parks, its so nice to get in an AC bus and not worry about driving.

9, Not sure about an exact list but if you get a guide book, like Birnbaums, they detail every ride and attraction so you will have a good idea from that. Off the top of my head I can think of Kali River Rapids, Splash Mt, and a brief squirt from a camel on Aladdin.

10, He could always rent one when the walking gets too tough for him.

11, Sorry, cant help with this one either.

Boy, I feel like I just took a final exam on WDW, LOL! ;)
Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter