• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So far..........so good?

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
We (parents 39, DD6, DS4) were supposed to land at 5:15 yesterday. Due to thunderstorms we were delayed at Newark 45 minutes. Then our plane had to take a longer route down to Orlando. But the storm made it impossible to land and we were low on gas so we were taken to Daytona to refuel and wait out the storm. We arrived at Orlando at 8:45.

We got to Wilderness Lodge at 10:45. DD wanted to sleep so my wife stayed with her. My son NEEDED to ride It's a Small World. So I took him to MK. We got there at 11:20pm. Luckily the rain scared everyone away and there were no lines. We hit small world and got out at 11:40. DS4 asked for Splash next (he's finally 40" and we watched many youtube videos of splash to prepare him). We watched the logs go down the hill and talked about it being a fun slide. He was fine until we got in the log then he had a melt down about how scary it is. So they had to raise the lap bars to let us out. 11:53 so we went to Haunted Mansion and got in before 12:00. Back to bed by about 1:15.

All things considered 2 rides is at least something positive after that plane ride (not their fault, they can't control thunderstorms).

And at 8:00 this morning both kids are up! Doesn't DS4 need more than 7 hours of sleep? He's jumping around like he had 12 hours of sleep! We're off to the pool now.

DS4 loved the kiddie waterslides at Wilderness Lodge. He spent 2 hours on them yesterday.

They've cut down most of the trees at the resort and it doesn't feel very "northwest" to me. DS4 loved the tractors outside our room.

Last night DD6 and I closed down MK. Between 10 and 12 we did Splash, Thunder, Buzz Lightyear, magic carpets, watched the 11pm castle projection show, watched the second half (after Cinderella) of the msep, and we walked into A&E at 11:59.

Today we left Wilderness Lodge at 11:00, rode the bus to HS and rode the boat to Beach Club where we'll be till Friday. We grabbed lunch at the Boardwalk bakery then headed to AK.

We had FP for safari, lion king, and meet mickey. It rained during the safari and it was awesome, hippos and rhinos running, elephants in the water splashing with their trunks, the male lion on top of the rocks, 2 cheetahs were clearly visible. We have probably done 20 safaris and this was the best ever. Highly recommend the thunderstorm-safari combo.

Then we had lion king Fp that was 1:30-1:50. Got there at 1:52 and were told we were too late and we should get in standby. Of course we missed the 2:00 show because it's a huge crowd time. So waited for the 3:00. I am not happy about that. Of course Lion King was awesome so it was worth the hour wait.

We had fp for meet mickey and minnie next. It was great. Then we tried to do Nemo but missed the 4;00 and the next show wasn't until 6:00 so we left. We only did three things at AK. But that's ok.

We leave and get to the bus line and DS4 says he has to poop so I took him back to the park for the bathroom (one right outside the AK gates). When we got back the bus had come and gone (of course).

Now we're at Garden Grill for the Mickey, Pluto, and Chippendelle dinner.

Garden Grill was a disaster. The characters all went home early and we only saw Pluto.

The manager gave us 3 anytime fps for characters.

A character meal without characters? Terrible on Disney's part. Why the characters left when Garden Grill was still packed with people....This was a bad experience. Tomorrow has to be better than today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter