• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s THURSDAY 4/14 poll - Curbside Pickup

Curbside Pickup - Do you use it?

• Yes - I’ve used consistently since COVID started

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Yes - I use it sometimes since COVID started

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Yes - I used it more when COVID was bad, and less now

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Yes - I used it only when COVID was bad, almost never now

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • No - Never have, but I may start

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • No - Never have and probably never will

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • No - This is not offered by me - I’d use it if it were

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - This is not offered by me - I wouldn’t use it if it were

• What is curbside pickup?

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
I used it for groceries pre-pandemic and continue to use them for all kinds of pick ups-groceries, Target, Walmart, etc.

My kids are in college and I'm healthy and teach full time. It's just easier for me to put my list together over time. My energy level can be an issue, sometimes I have several errands and don't want to browse. It's a huge time saver and I'm ok with any errors or less than perfect items. It happens really rarely and my DH will stop for any extras since he passes it on his way home.

I could have said that, maybe when I was your age years ago and in your good health condition. Not sure your age, but I do not think you are approaching your 78th birthday soon.

But with dealing with current afib (ablation coming up next Wednesday), spinal stenosis, arthritis and general old guy aches and pains, I gladly will let a younger (generally) grocery worker, earning his/her income, to do the physical walking around a store for me. That way I don't have to look for a place to sit at the end of each aisle as the afib exhausts me, even walking relatively short distances. And zero impulse buying to boot.
Good luck on Wednesday, Dan. I'll be thinking 'bout ya!

I like curbside for groceries because I stick to my list. Also, I felt initially that I wouldn’t like the produce the shopper picked for me. But I have found at my local store they do better picking than I do! I despise grocery shopping with every cell of my being. :crazy2:

We used it a few times at the beginning of Covid and didn't really like it. Besides with the amount of food teen boys eat it took forever to create the list online and find what we wanted. Easier just to go inside and get it done.
That was one of the issues I had. I'm not really a list shopper. I go in on grocery day and walk the aisles, putting together menus from whatever catches my fancy. Trying to browse "everything" on the Superstore website could literally take me hours.

Tried it once for groceries and wasn’t happy with the quality of produce they selected. If I order online it’s delivered to my house.

That's my biggest issue, my wife and I do get grocery delivery each week but it's a roll of the dice. Such as one time I ordered some dried herbs and they substituted it with a plant....

DH used it several times getting groceries at Fred Meyers, but I do most the grocery shopping and tend to go myself. We did however use it at several other places, including Best Buy, Lowes and several restaurants. Using it less now, but sometimes if we are in a hurry and during busy times, we will still use it. We also are more likely to order food to go and have it ready when we go in to pick it up now then we use to be. Nice to not have to wait in long lines.

I'm a big fan of curbside store pick-up & grocery delivery, but we were using those services before Covid.

I'm not lazy, and quite able bodied, but would rather not spend the very little time off I have shopping/standing in lines if I don't have to. Also saves us a ton of money!

I use it all the time. With my job, I just don't have time to devote to grocery shopping. I take it a step further and actually do grocery delivery about 75/25 with curbside pickup. It's worth paying a $10 or $15 tip to avoid the hassle of the store.

I'm not sure why some would consider this laziness? It's a relief to eliminate a major to-do a week that allows me to spend more time with family or more time to decompress from the work week.

It's great at Target ! and yes, it does eliminate the "browsing" and picking up way too much junk.
Use it for restaurants, but lots of them now ignore the curbside, so stuck going in. Sometimes they mess up the order and when I write up the issue, I usually have gotten compensation. Not really interested in sitting in a big crowd indoors in a restaurant.
Grocery store was good, except what they were out of, but here, the few drive up spaces can be taken up most of the time by regular shoppers ! :furious:

I use it all the time. Curbside pick up did not come to my area until months after the pandemic. I love it! It really helps me stay on budget , and I can make my husband go get it. It saves me from having to drive in to the "big town" for the good stores.

I chose Other, because I've used it occasionally since before the pandemic but never regularly. I just don't see the point. If I don't want to shop, I'd rather have stuff delivered to my house. If I want to shop, why get curbside? The occasional times I've used it, it's because I need something specific and I'm in a hurry...don't want to wait for delivery and don't want to end up browsing in the store. Or it's a restaurant that doesn't offer delivery (pretty rare in my area). But overall, nah. Just seems like a weird middle ground that doesn't fit my needs or preferences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter