Single counter service?

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I'm more than likely going to be solo for most of my WDW trip in December (going with the marching band, but I'm not chaperoneing anyone but a bunch of taiko drums - and my DS and DD will be off in the parks with their band buddies). I'm sort of looking forward to going solo, but I have a restaurant question.

I seem to recall that at 50's Prime Time there was a counter where you could just go and sit, without waiting for an ADR - can anyone tell me about this? Also, are there other such arrangements at other restaurants, where a solo diner can be accomodated without taking up a whole table and sitting in solitary splendor? And I've already thought of Teppanyaki, but not being a fan of that sort of cooking, it's out.

Thanks,

KC :sunny:

Although I've dined solo at WDW lots of times, I've never been to 50's Prime Time, so I don't know about a counter there. However, there is a counter at Jiko's, California Grill, and I think Spoodles (haven't eaten there either). Also, I find Sci-Fi to be a real good place for a solo diner. It's kinda dark and everyone's just sitting watching TV, it seems. So I feel perfectly comfortable there.

It looked to me like the seating area that you speak of was just a bar. I would guess you could get an appetizer to eat with a drink or two; don't know about a meal though. I have to say, though, that I could have sat at the bar and eaten the entire fried cheese appetizer by myself and counted it as a meal. It was sooo good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!