"Silver card" & FP?

snykymom

Still tagless after all these years
There's a possibility that we may be going to DW with an employee of a different Disney division, who has a Silver Card. That card allows him to take up to 3 more people into the parks for free.

Now, assume for the moment that FP+ is NOT yet rolled out, and we'd be doing the current FP system. How would that work? We won't have a ticket, activated or otherwise. Does he have to put his silver card into the FP machine for all of us?

I'll worry about FP+ when & if I have to! :lmao:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it works the same way as someone maingating you in with an hourly CM maingate pass- they'll give you paper ticket media for FP use and re-entry into the park.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it works the same way as someone maingating you in with an hourly CM maingate pass- they'll give you paper ticket media for FP use and re-entry into the park.

Correct. When the Silver Pass holder goes through the turnstile, they will say "myself and 3" (or however many s/he is signing in). The CM at the turnstile will give the Silver Pass back to the passholder and then issue regular paper one day park-hopper tickets to the passholder's guests.

:earsboy:

Now, assume for the moment that FP+ is NOT yet rolled out, and we'd be doing the current FP system.

If it is rolled out - you will still have admission media to use for your FP+. However, the rules for regular Guests will be different from the rules for CM Guests, you will not be able to reserve your own FP+ times, the CM has to do it for you.

No idea if this will be ready in the next 3 months, but the updated maingate usage policy was shared with Cast Members a couple months ago explaining how to use FP+.

Thanks again. We shouldn't have a problem with the CM booking the FP+ times.

Just to add, the CM will be able to use his/her silver pass for the regular FP as well (until FP+ rolls out), so all 4 of you would be able to get FP. The tickets that you get also allow you to hop but they are only one day tickets, so each day the CM has to be with you to get you in (my grandfather is a retiree silver pass and we do this frequently).

eta: sorry, I see WDSearcher just said all that :)

Now CM's have 3 plastic tickets that they give to their guests. CM gets them in with their maingate and at end of the day gets the tickes back to use at another time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter