Silly Person, Disney World is not for Relaxing!

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
Anyone else out there feel the same way? Rope drop to close every day and just go-go-go non stop trying to take it all in?

We pad our trip with an ending on the DCL and then a couple days at the beach before we head home (we drive from the Midwest) and THAT part of our trip is for relaxing! LOL

We don't go back to the resort for naps or pool times, we get Water park and more tickets and spend time there. We rest up at key locations in each park and our longest break is at dinner.

We do sometimes have resort trips, where we only do half of our stay in theme parks and every other day is spent exploring the resort or just relaxing in some way.

I feel like you do OP! We aren't commando's, but we keep busy most of the time, including rope drop and late visits. But we also rest up mid-day so we can keep going. So, even though it is not a "relaxing" type of vacation, you can still relax and keep busy. When I think of a relaxing vacation, I think of the beach or a cabin on the lake. Those things are not for us, as we like to keep moving.:)

I feel like you do OP! We aren't commando's, but we keep busy most of the time, including rope drop and late visits. But we also rest up mid-day so we can keep going. So, even though it is not a "relaxing" type of vacation, you can still relax and keep busy. When I think of a relaxing vacation, I think of the beach or a cabin on the lake. Those things are not for us, as we like to keep moving.:)

Exactly :) We love to be on the move!

Same here! Our last trip in May, we actually did schedule breaks midday in our itinerary, but we always just ended up staying in the parks, lol. It's not for everyone, but we love being on the go on vacation!

It is why resorts have become less and less an issue for us. While they are great for relaxing, that isn't why I go to Disney.

For me the biggest perk of staying on site is the DDBD ........... Designated Disney Bus Driver :woohoo:

It is why resorts have become less and less an issue for us. While they are great for relaxing, that isn't why I go to Disney.

For me the biggest perk of staying on site is the DDBD ........... Designated Disney Bus Driver :woohoo:

This is true. I love onsite but offsite often works for us just as well on the parks-focused trips

I didn't make time to take breaks on my last trip, which was a very short trip. I wish that I would have so I would have been able to stay up and out later. I just cannot fathom being at WDW and being able to take a nap! Maybe a swim would fit me better but I just want to GO GO GO!

I'm glad to see that there are like minded people out there! People here at home always look horrified when they hear how we go from rope drop to park closing hopping up to 3 parks a day and sometimes 4 if we throw a waterpark in there :) My kids are used to it, because all have been since before they were born, when I was pregnant and as early as a few months old :) LOL!!

my wife is that way... rope drop to fireworks... NEVER go back to the resort mid day.. that would be a crime. We don't even park hop any more because of the time wasted on the bus/boat or tram..
I have to take pain killers to keep up... I'm getting to old for this. :(

I'm glad to see that there are like minded people out there! People here at home always look horrified when they hear how we go from rope drop to park closing hopping up to 3 parks a day and sometimes 4 if we throw a waterpark in there :) My kids are used to it, because all have been since before they were born, when I was pregnant and as early as a few months old :) LOL!!
Never went while pregnant - Kudos to you! - but we are and have always been a go go go type of family - even years ago when my kids were little in the stroller! We may start our day at 10 instead of 8 on the last couple of trips, however we close out the park on most nights and park hop too. My kids first rode Space Mountain at 2:30am! Our motto while at Disney is sleep is for the weak! If we wanted a relaxing vacation we'd go somewhere else - or just stay home and save a ton of $$.

Hahahahaha, AMEN on staying home and saving money if we wanted to relax and sleep in :) :)

My husband and I keep asking ourselves how many years do we think we can keep this up, but we will keep doing it every year and until we realize that we need a break! LOL

We use to cram as much park time into our days. Then came kids and afternoon nap time was a must when they were young (it saved us from late day melt downs). Now my DD & DS are in there 20's and we take a low impact approach to the parks (even thought ticket prices are insane). We enjoy other things WDW has to offer. Good restaurants and the resorts to start with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter