Signature Dining- Suggestions/Question

Another vote for Jiko and Artist's Point. These are my favorites of the several signatures I've tried. BTW my Boathouse lunch was just OK, nothing special. I've never been to Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Le Cellier is all right but last time I went, I felt that, like Boathouse, it did not seem to be a good value for what it was. You know what else looks interesting, is the Lunch with an Imagineer at Hollywood Brown Derby. I've been to HBD but haven't done this lunch yet -- hoping to do that next year, as I couldn't fit it into this year's plan. Have a great time.

We thought California Grill was fabulous! You can either time your ADR to watch Wishes from the viewing balcony or can return with your receipt to go up later. Citricos was phenomenal as well!! We will not hesitate to go back to eitherwhen we return to the world! Enjoy and Happy Birthday!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone.. Going to WDW at the end of October and will be on the deluxe dining plan. This is a solo trip and I plan on trying some new places that I can't go to when I am with my usual travel companions. It is also a trip to celebrate my birthday so I am going to try to make it a really memorable trip. With that being said. I plan on doing 2 or maybe 3 Signature Dining experiences while there.

I have pretty much decided on Monsieur Paul as a 100% definite 1st choice. Why? Have no idea, but the idea of having French cuisine (or as close as I can get) is very interesting to me. Where I live we do not have options likes this and I don't see myself ever being able to actually go to France.

My second option has not been decided yet and that is where I need some help. I am not what you would call a very picky eater except I am not a huge fan of fish and asian inspired places are hit or miss with me. But...I really like steak. I am having a really hard time choosing between Le Cellier, Yachtsman, and the Boathouse. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The third- I have no idea. I may actually take in a dinner show but I am not sure right now. I am not much of a dinner show type of person. had an awful experience at one a few years ago, but would be willing to try one at Disney.

This leads me to my question are all menu items available while using the dining plan (Yes, i know it is an appetizer, entree and dessert with the deluxe and if I want something outside of that I have to pay for that OOP). But some of the items are really expensive and was just wondering if there is a limited menu for those using the dining plan. It isn't going to change my mind, just trying to get my ducks in a row before my ADRs come up at the end of April.

I am open to any suggestions I can get. :) :) :)

I think for the all around experience (atmosphere and food) that CA Grill cannot be beat. I know it sometimes gets some mixed reviews... check my review of it in my dining review linked in my sig... CA Grill is my go-to for a signature meal and in the 17 years I have owned DVC and going to Disney anywhere from semi-regularly to every once in a while (as it is nowadays) CA Grill has never disappointed. Also if you are on the DxDDP it is a GREAT time to try out their sushi, which is very expensive, but counts as an appetizer on the DxDDP.

We also did HDDR and it was awesome but does not hold a candle to CA Grill.

I'm planning on California Grill Sunday brunch for our trip this year - SUPER excited! Also, for us..Le Cellier is a must do. We preferred the filet mignon there to Narcoossee's steak (probably because we like the sauce more).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter