Shrimp and grits

Dukie11

Earning My Ears
Hi all, can anyone recommend the best and most authentic place to eat shrimp and grits on Disney property? In all my last visits I've never tried it, but it's on my list for next time. I've seen it on menus at Boatwrights, Chef Art Smith homecoming, House of Blues and Narcoossees so far. Many thanks from England.

Boatwrights is very good.
But honestly, the best I've had on property was at Sassagola Float Works, the QS location at Port Orleans FQ. It was better than Boatwrights.
One of the Orleans locations is going to be about as authentic as you get in Disney

The F&W Festival had a very good shrimp and grits. Don't think they have it anymore though.

CRT breakfast shrimp and grits were tasty. I don't know what authentic means in this instance.

I love this question!!! I was thinking of the same thing.

I read all the menus...So at either The Boathouse or Homecoming....Homecoming makes them with tasso ham gravy - yum. And gluten free, so less chance of a sad stomach the next day! :p

Excited!!!

Last edited:
DH enjoyed the ones at Boatwright's last fall. Can't speak to them being authentic as we are from the South Jersey suburbs of Philadelphia.

Hi all, can anyone recommend the best and most authentic place to eat shrimp and grits on Disney property? In all my last visits I've never tried it, but it's on my list for next time. I've seen it on menus at Boatwrights, Chef Art Smith homecoming, House of Blues and Narcoossees so far. Many thanks from England.
Best & Authentic are not necessarily the same place.

While I've not been yet, Homecoming is likely to be authentic (we dine here our next trip).

BlueZoo has amazing shrimp & grits with a bit of smoked bacon butter.

not sure if they are authentic, but i have never seen a plate of food inhaled so quickly as the shrimp and grits and the grand floridian cafe (because they were just That Good).

My DH really enjoyed the shrimp and grits at Homecoming. He will probably order that again when we go back this summer.

CRT breakfast shrimp and grits were tasty. I don't know what authentic means in this instance.
Hi,thanks for the info. By authentic, I mean, a dish that resembles as close as you can get, to where it originates from.eg Cornish pasties from Cornwall x

Boatwrights is very good.
But honestly, the best I've had on property was at Sassagola Float Works, the QS location at Port Orleans FQ. It was better than Boatwrights.
One of the Orleans locations is going to be about as authentic as you get in Disney
Thank you for the info, plan to stay at POR again, so will give it a try

I love this question!!! I was thinking of the same thing.

I read all the menus...So at either The Boathouse or Homecoming....Homecoming makes them with tasso ham gravy - yum. And gluten free, so less chance of a sad stomach the next day! :p

Excited!!!
Thanks for the info. A girl after my own heart - reading the menus!!! Before you know it hours have passed by and you've got no work done!!!

i can't really answer your question, but Chef Art Smith's Homecoming in DS serves them and the restaurant seems to be getting very good reviews. We are going to try it on our upcoming trip so I have been looking at any information that I see on it and pretty much all has been positive. You can read a little bit about it on Allears website and take a look at the menu

Boatwrights at POR (Not to be confused with THE Boathouse at Disney Springs!) was my first shrimp and grits experience. They have Tasso ham in the mix as well.. Not kidding these made my eyes roll back in my head!! WOW WOW. Lookign forwarded to trying FQ version.

i can't really answer your question, but Chef Art Smith's Homecoming in DS serves them and the restaurant seems to be getting very good reviews. We are going to try it on our upcoming trip so I have been looking at any information that I see on it and pretty much all has been positive. You can read a little bit about it on Allears website and take a look at the menu
Thanks. Jen from The Tim Tracker had them on their visit to Homecoming earlier this year, they looked pretty good On YouTube, wasn't sure if all grits had cheese in? After the other posts, I've looked on Tripadviser and there seems to be a variation between restaurants, i.e. GF cafe, Boatwrights and Homecoming.

Thanks. Jen from The Tim Tracker had them on their visit to Homecoming earlier this year, they looked pretty good On YouTube, wasn't sure if all grits had cheese in? After the other posts, I've looked on Tripadviser and there seems to be a variation between restaurants, i.e. GF cafe, Boatwrights and Homecoming.
No, they do not. Not sure cheese is in the original versions or not. Having had it many times all over the South I think the non-cheese versions are considerably better.

Hi,thanks for the info. By authentic, I mean, a dish that resembles as close as you can get, to where it originates from.eg Cornish pasties from Cornwall x

There isn't one because of regional differences around the Gulf. I would pick a restaurant that gets overall positive reviews and is easy to accommodate in your plans. Some people have a real aversion to cheese paired with seafood (cheesy grits) and others think it's a match made in heaven. The sauce, different vegetables, additional meats, and seasoning will vary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter