Shows 6/6/12 are up

I'm listening to the ABD podcast right now. :scared1:

I'm so sorry, John & Kevin, but I am literally :lmao: I've been in danger of spitting out my water several times...

I'm listening to the ABD podcast right now. :scared1:

I'm so sorry, John & Kevin, but I am literally :lmao: I've been in danger of spitting out my water several times...

There were a couple moments where I literally had to stifle myself from laughing too loudly in my cubicle. And I was completely floored by the description of the Tuscan "villa" rooms, meals, and "entertainment". I'd have definitely ripped ABD a new one if I had that trifecta.

Pete alluded to one of the problems but oversellling is endemic to all of Disney (though I'm sure it is not unique to Disney).

"First class" on the Knights and Lights is really premier economy.
"Water view" at some of the resorts (POR) can mean a glimpse of one of the quiet pools.
Viva Italia was no different. ABD's materials described this part of the trip as a stay at an "enchanting Tuscan estate." Guests can, it further says, "live 'la dolce vita' at your villa's estate." We got the "estate", not the Villa.
Now, we were fortunate to have a comfortable room but I still think it was absurd (and have told this to ABD) to stay this far from Florence.

Val & I listened to the ABD segment yesterday afternoon. Very entertaining. And horrifying.

I have to give Kevin & John credit for being so open and honest about the "opportunities" on this trip. Especially knowing that Dreams sells ABD and is probably hurting their chances of booking more of these by the review. It did make us think twice about any ABD trips we may want to do in the future.

Fortunately, we'll be experiencing our own Adventure in just a couple of months and I'm sure we'll have a better time of it.

Val & I listened to the ABD segment yesterday afternoon. Very entertaining. And horrifying.

I have to give Kevin & John credit for being so open and honest about the "opportunities" on this trip. Especially knowing that Dreams sells ABD and is probably hurting their chances of booking more of these by the review. It did make us think twice about any ABD trips we may want to do in the future.

Fortunately, we'll be experiencing our own Adventure in just a couple of months and I'm sure we'll have a better time of it.

While we have always given our honest opinions on everything we review, even when it's not in our best financial interest. I think the "take away" from that review was that this is the first time we've ever been disappointed by ABD.

John and I have each completed (and thoroughly enjoyed) 7 Adventures. Pete has closer to 10. I have booked 100s of people on Adventures and gotten almost entirely positive feedback.

In my opinion, this was a tactical error on ABD's part, but again....this was the first time we have ever had this happen.

We've always felt that speaking the truth was the right thing to do. It might lead to short term financial losses, but it leads to long term integrity....and that's entirely more valuable.

We've always felt that speaking the truth was the right thing to do. It might lead to short term financial losses, but it leads to long term integrity....and that's entirely more valuable.

Exactly! :thumbsup2

While we have always given our honest opinions on everything we review, even when it's not in our best financial interest, I think the "take away" from that review was that this is the first time we've ever been disappointed by ABD.

John and I have each completed (and thoroughly enjoyed) 7 Adventures. Pete has closer to 10. I have booked 100s of people on Adventures and gotten almost entirely positive feedback.

In my opinion, this was a tactical error on ABD's part, but again....this was the first time we have ever had this happen.

I was going to say something but I'm still sorting through 3000 photos. I understand why Kevin and John were disappointed. There were certainly parts of this trip that disappointed me and I have made my views known to ABD.

This was still a very enjoyable trip, due largely to Kevin and John and the other wonderful people we had with us. There isn't anything like traveling with friends. Being with friends who could laugh made the disappointments much more tolerable. I cannot imagine experiencing the dinner "entertainment" with a group of strangers. I will always remember Kevin standing behind me quietly saying "I have a cane" and wondering whether he was going to use it for something other than physical support. ;)

Yaaaaa I just checked itunes and the shows are up there now! Yaaa! Now I can sew and listen!!:cool1:

I have to say, in regards to the ABD segment, just listening to the story of riding the bus on that one-lane road with the steep cliff off the side had me in sweats. That sort of thing is pretty much my nightmare and I hope ABD would describe it or at least warn travellers of things like this. If I was on that bus I would probably have to literally close my eyes, sing to myself, and grip something for dear life in order to get through that.

Did I hear Kevin say the end of the bus was hanging off the cliff?!? :eek::sad2: I would have been ready to get off and walk up the entire way if I had to at that point. Scary!

I downloaded this morning and only 3 came up (which I was excited about), now I know there are 3 more ....I'm beyond happy, gonna go download the last 3 now. :goodvibes

I've tried downloading all of them 3 time onto my Ipod and they aren't coming up. Restarted it and tried again, no luck. Anyone else have trouble? Or advice? :confused3

I've tried downloading all of them 3 time onto my Ipod and they aren't coming up. Restarted it and tried again, no luck. Anyone else have trouble? Or advice? :confused3

i had trouble with the second three. But after a refresh on itunes and then trying to download each, one at a time it worked. So if you are doing it straight from a device i am not sure where the issue lies.

Side note, I still am shocked my voicemail was chosen. i just heard it in the car today while we were out running errands. :yay:

Which is exactly why we listen and love you guys!

Laurie

btw, I forgot.. was the town where the narrow roads were Orvieto? If so that's pretty funny because I'm watching an episode of Rick Steve's right now and he took a lift type thing up to Orvieto. He mentioned that the streets are so tight and narrow that the city built public transportation and suggests that most people take that instead of trying to drive up into the heart of the city.

I might be totally off and this might not be where Kevin and John were but for some reason Orvieto sounds familliar to me. :upsidedow

btw, I forgot.. was the town where the narrow roads were Orvieto? If so that's pretty funny because I'm watching an episode of Rick Steve's right now and he took a lift type thing up to Orvieto. He mentioned that the streets are so tight and narrow that the city built public transportation and suggests that most people take that instead of trying to drive up into the heart of the city.

I might be totally off and this might not be where Kevin and John were but for some reason Orvieto sounds familliar to me. :upsidedow

We loved the narrow streets of Orvietto, because we walked them. The narrow roads were in Aritimino, which is north of Orvietto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter