Shout out for the Hyatt in Huntington Beach

mom2aredhead

DIS Veteran
We just returned from our SoCal trip, and spent the first 4 nights at the Huntington Beach Hyatt. It was a splurge, but worth every penny!

Even with the high priced parking and resort fees, I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Our rate included breakfast "for 2" but at checkout I noticed they did not charge us for my 10 year old's breakfast either. Resort fee included beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, wifi, bottled water in the room (2/day). Grounds were beautiful, pools were awesome, staff was amazing. Can't say enough good things. Even though we checked out of there to head to the happiest place on earth, we were sad to leave.

We are going to stay there in mid November. I was really hoping that the rates would be a little lower since there will be more than 2 adults in the room. All the additional fees there really add up!

One of our favorite places to stay ever :thumbsup2. We were there in May this year . Stayed on a "buy 3 get 4th night free" deal that included breakfast. Staff is great ,grounds and pools are fantastic. At least the fee covers wi-fi for a couple of devices
Can't wait to go back.:beach:

P.S. the resort fee is about the same price as that at the Hotel Del Coronado and the MGM Co. resorts in Vegas.Annoying but not out of line.

ncc1701 said:
One of our favorite places to stay ever :thumbsup2. We were there in May this year . Stayed on a "buy 3 get 4th night free" deal that included breakfast. Staff is great ,grounds and pools are fantastic. At least the fee covers wi-fi for a couple of devices
Can't wait to go back.:beach:

P.S. the resort fee is about the same price as that at the Hotel Del Coronado and the MGM Co. resorts in Vegas.Annoying but not out of line.

Yup, that's the same deal we had. 4th night free, breakfast for 2 included. The resort fee didn't bother me as much as the $34 parking. Like you said, at least the resort fee covered wi-fi, the beach chairs and stuff, 2 bottles of water in the fridge/day, and the resort/grounds were beautiful so it was almost worth that alone. The $34 parking...not so much.

Yup, that's the same deal we had. 4th night free, breakfast for 2 included. The resort fee didn't bother me as much as the $34 parking. Like you said, at least the resort fee covered wi-fi, the beach chairs and stuff, 2 bottles of water in the fridge/day, and the resort/grounds were beautiful so it was almost worth that alone. The $34 parking...not so much.

We didn't like it either. But having stayed there a couple of years ago when it was $28 we weren't surprised . I remember checking out the Hilton next door for this trip and the parking was in the same price range.

I'm going next summer!! Do you have any restaurants within walking distance to recommend?

I'm going next summer!! Do you have any restaurants within walking distance to recommend?
We enjoyed the Sugar Shack & Ruby's for breakfast. Both do lunch and Ruby 's is also open for dinner.
Longboard Pub isn't fancy but has good sandwiches & great fries. Haven't eaten dinner there yet. BJs brewpub has a wide selection of food on their menu. We have done lunch and dinner there.
Duke's is our splurge for dinner place. It has great views of the ocean. They have a more casual food in the bar and a sister restaurant downstairs on the beach.
Checkout the website www.surfcityusa.com. It will give you a lot of info.

We enjoyed the Sugar Shack & Ruby's for breakfast. Both do lunch and Ruby 's is also open for dinner.
Longboard Pub isn't fancy but has good sandwiches & great fries. Haven't eaten dinner there yet. BJs brewpub has a wide selection of food on their menu. We have done lunch and dinner there.
Duke's is our splurge for dinner place. It has great views of the ocean. They have a more casual food in the bar and a sister restaurant downstairs on the beach.
Checkout the website www.surfcityusa.com. It will give you a lot of info.

P.S. We got the package with a free breakfast at the hotel's formal restaurant. Ate there on 2 of our mornings. If you get it for free or a reduced rate it is very good but pricey at full price.
The casual restaurant, Pete's, was also good. We ate lunch there twice, again it is a resort restaurant so not as cheap as other options. There are also some fast food stands on the beach that should be
open when you go.

Did you drop by the Hilton? I am a Hilton Diamond, so I plan to stay there a week mid August..........any tips in general?

Did you drop by the Hilton? I am a Hilton Diamond, so I plan to stay there a week mid August..........any tips in general?

We walked in once for a drink at their bar in 2007. Looked very nice.The Hilton is one block closer to Main Street then the Hyatt. There is a traffic light to make crossing the PCH to the beach easy. We never used our car between check in & out unless it was to go to Anaheim .
If you are interested in US history the Nixon Library is southeast of HB. We stopped on our way from San Diego ,it was a bit out of the way but as history geeks it was worth it to us.
If you do the Suger Shack for breakfast do it on a weekday. Based on their weekday crowd I would hate to see it on a weekend.

I'm a local, and some of my friends have stayed there, and loved it. I plan to stay there some day. I've heard so many good things about it.

We stayed there in August 2010 and loved it. It was pricey but worth it. We are staying again this August and the prices are a lot higher but again we loved this hotel the last time. There is really nothing within walking distance accept the beach. Main street is a longer walk but doable, there are quite a few restaurants there. I would recommend either walking down to the beach boardwalk and walking along that to the pier (which is the start of Main street) or renting one of the bikes from the resort and riding there (they used to include a lock with the rental).

We considered staying here but stayed at the Shorebreak and loved it. Highly recommend. Would still like to try the Hilton though. Are there water slides? Anyone stay at both and recommend one over the other?

I might be doing the same thing next spring and was wondering how that drive is? Easy or lots of turns? Timing?
Not a bad drive. It took around 30 minutes. There is traffic but other than the part on the Interstate going to the Angels stadium it was a very straight drive

I am interested in this resort for next summer and was wondering
what the beach is like?
crowds?
cleanilness?
surf?
swimming?
family type beach?

Thank you for your help. princess:

You will love the beach. It is clean, family friendly and great for surfing. With that being said watch out for the waves, they are in the 3 to 4 foot range and will knock you over if you are not careful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter