Should the Deluxe Dining Plan make a comeback in 2017?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We really enjoyed this plan before DD14 became a Disney adult (who eats like a bird). We've been using DDP for a while, and would continue to be ok with it. But after seeing a post here (thanks to whomever pointed this out) about the upgrade cost being only 36/person/night for 2017, we are seriously considering trying it again. It looks like we'd be almost ahead after 2 appetizers and a bit of the entrée cost. We'd probably do 4 2 credit meals with the rest for random breakfasts and lunches. Only thing is that the extra 1300 total is a lot of $, plus I just bought the 13 month APs that already have an extra 20% off for a bunch of places. Our package is the free dining bounceback. So, should we grab the opportunity to add it at this price, or save the $?

While we love the deluxe dining plan, the only time we can make it work financially is to include at least one, preferably two that are "Disney children" or use the credits to cover others in our party that are in different room. The only way to know for sure is to run the numbers, but with three adults, I think it is highly unlikely that you will come out ahead.

And doesn't the free dining bounce back require ticket purchases of at least 2 days per person? That alone seems like it will make the DxDP, and quite possibly the free dining package itself, a bad investment. Have you priced out eating out of pocket using your AP discounts and saving money on a room-only or AP resort discount instead?

I ask because we booked a free dining bounce back for December 2017, and we're probably going to cancel it because something better will inevitably come along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter