• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I reserve day by day??

scootert

DIS Veteran
DH and I are thinking of going to WDW next year in mid December for just a few days. How difficult are ressies at 11 months for that period (say Dec 15 to 20)?? Should I plan on reserving day by day?? Thanks for your help

Where do you want to book? In December we like to stay at BWV standard, or VWL, and I book these day by day. I just mention that to the first CM. I am asked for how many days will I be booking and I've had no problems either year that we've done this.

Home is BWV. First choice would be 1 Br standard view; second choice 1 Br preferred. We could do a studio if we had to, but would rather do 1 br...

call me anal but i do day by day for BWV standard view no matter what time of year. i just like to be absolutely sure i get it :).

What am I missing here with making day by day reservations? If you don't need more than one room size for the length of trip, and the accomdation you want is available for the entire time, why make day by day reservations? Thanks.

the entire stay you would have to wait until 11months from the date of departure .

rtobe said:
What am I missing here with making day by day reservations? If you don't need more than one room size for the length of trip, and the accomdation you want is available for the entire time, why make day by day reservations? Thanks.

I agree with the idea behind what you're saying. The problem is that without calling MS, a member has no way of knowing if the accommodation is available for the entire time. And if you're going to call anyway, you might as well reserve it.

I'm just playing devil's advocate. In general I intend to avoid making day-by-day reservations, but I di understand why some people do it. Perhaps if there was an on-line way of assessing availability, members would be able to make a more informed decision about whether or not to wait to reserve.

We've never called day by day before, but we've also never gone during one of the busier times for DVC. This trip would be during a very busy time and we really want standard view to save points.

rtobe said:

For popular times, it's possible the earlier dates you want could already be sold out if you wait until the 11 month mark of your check-out. In this example, they want Dec 15 to 20. Say a bunch of people book Dec 13-18, selling out the size room you want. You call on Jan 20, you will not be able to get Dec 15 to 18. Doing day by day gives you a better shot. I've done it in the past for early December at BWV, either standard or boardwalk view. Those rooms are often soldout early.

Thanks for responses. Still kind of new to "home ownership"

I was hesitant to book my Oct '06 day by day last month. But, I wanted a BW view, 2 bdrm unit, so I did it that way. Normally, I just book it all at once. But, the CM's I dealt with at MS were very nice and told me that I was doing it the best way for my time frame. So, if I were you, I would book it day by day since you are looking for standard view. Those go fast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter