Should I let my kids skip all things Anna and Elsa?

nat8199

DIS Veteran
We are not going to Disney for over a year, but I love planning. My kids currently say that they have no interest in anything Anna and Elsa, including the new ride. They would rather use a FP for soarin or test track.

They haven't watched the movie in years. They met the girls last time.

I loved the old ride and don't really have a desire to see the new version.

Should we skip it? Or is that wrong?

Nothing you do in touring a theme park would be "wrong".

Why not ask them when it's closer to the time? My 16 YO daughter is way over Frozen, in spite of really enjoying it when it first came out. But I nudged her to see the new Frozen stage show on our recent trip to DLR and it's now a new favorite.

What do YOU want to do? Sometimes parents get to choose things to do as well. :) When we head back to WDW, I plan to do FEA whether my daughter wants to or not.

It will still be there in the future if you get curious later. I would listen to your girls. I went last summer, enjoyed the ride and meeting A and E, but am in no rush to use a FP over Test Track or Soaring.

If they don't care to do it then I say it saves a headache as far as I'm concerned. It will still be there next time when the lines have died down due to something else being shiny and new. I'm not a fan of having like 5 minutes to get a fast pass for anything.​

How can it be "wrong"? I don't understand your thoughts. Go with their choices.

If nobody in your party wants to do it then don't bother, it's cute but not that exciting. Sometimes you do things because you feel you should at Disney. I always drag my family on Small World, but on this trip it suddenly dawned on me... why am I doing this?! We all hate it?!
My kid is totally over Frozen, but I wanted to ride it, so I booked the FP anyway (it's not all about the kids right ;) ). Like I said cute, but wouldn't bother again (unless by some miracle in the future it's a 10 minute queue)

The only time I would say not to skip it is if one of your girls wanted to do it and the other did. Sometimes having to go along with what your sibling wants (and then them go along with what you want) is a good lesson in respecting a difference of opinion. But as you've said, neither of them is keen and you're not fussed for it so use the time to do something else you all want to do!

I really enjoyed Frozen and was happy that a few Frozen things were popping up but I do think it's gone a bit crazy now... Maybe it will calm down in a couple of years and become more in proportion. Have a wonderful trip!

Me and my mom aren't big frozen people and we rode FEA only because we found last minute fastpasses. We weren't really wowed. I think if no one in your party is interested in frozen stuff go do the things you do like!

I'm also perplexed at what you mean by "wrong."

We're skipping FEA, and we've never been. From what I've heard, unless you are a real fan, not worth the hassle or FP.

I only meant "wrong" in that it is an awesome ride despite the theme. Like, I don't really care about toy story, but the themed rides are awesome without the movie. If the new frozen ride isn't awesome even when you don't care about the characters, then I am happy to skip it.

We pretty much avoided it, although my DS and I went to the DHS sing-a-long because I heard it was really funny. We did enjoy it.

We are not going to Disney for over a year, but I love planning. My kids currently say that they have no interest in anything Anna and Elsa, including the new ride. They would rather use a FP for soarin or test track.

Have you seen the Once In A Life Time show in Hollywood Studios? If not, I would go to that. I enjoyed it. It's funny and cool at the end when they make it snow inside at the end of Let It Go.

Let me get this straight. Your kids don't want to make you--or themselves--suffer through the stress and hell of securing Fastpasses for FEA and chasing down Anna and Elsa meets & greets and shows? And you're not sure if you should "let" them? Do you know how many parents wish they had kids like yours? ;)

I was pondering the same thing to a degree, we're going in a few weeks. I finally just asked my kids (DDs 13, 10, 8 and DS5)... well actually I just asked the girls I know DS5 would chose TT.
DD13 had no interest. DD8 wanted to see it for sure, DD10 was on the fence.
I got the FPs, I'm not waiting in line for it, and I'm not letting DD8 miss out because others have outgrown it, and I'm sure DS5 will still enjoy it. We can check it off the list. And we have a PPO GG ADR, we'll eat and high tail it over to TT for DS5!
BUT, if DD8 showed no interest I wouldn't have bothered. (Would have secured a TT FP and not thought twice about it) They didn't want to go to the singalong at DHS in Dec '15, but the ride is something else.

Once my daughter got active in what she wasn't interested in, the vacations to disney got exponentially better. I think what you don't want to do is more important than what you do want to do and you can craft around those things. There is compromise but you can equally compromise the family knowing what is their must and skip list.

Now, also pad in more "nothing to do but not rest" time. This was my mistake the first time we went when we had a do not do list and suddenly there was rides we never wanted to do again being added to the day. Also in the moment, back at disney, suddenly being half or less of your age you change your mind. You want that room to change your mind and see olaf, or maybe even attempt to get on line for FEA. It sounds miserable but a longer wait isn't as bad as you might think when your there, ready for it and willing to do it. Planning for it and the long line just makes your plan go a-rye in a negative way.

Now if FEA is your must do, that's a compromise and you can explain you want to see it. Maybe they can have a dad moment or whatever your family make up is and go off and enjoy that time while you solo it. I've never waited more than 10 minutes to ride and if I did, I'm sure my enjoyment of it would not be what it is. like 7dmt, I would never wait more than 15-20 minutes for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter