• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should Fridays at Food & Wine be avoided?

Cando86

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I'm trying to figure out our schedule for a potential trip this September. We will be visiting Epcot on two days. The first day will be a Tuesday and we'll be experiencing Food & Wine for the first time this day. The second would be a Friday. We'll have already explored much of Food & Wine but will definitely want to return this second day. Will we have a big issue with crowds due to locals coming to the festival? Josh at EasyWDW has the day listed as a crowd level 5.

Thanks for any help!!

We hit WS every day but Sat. during F&W. Fri. evenings are more crowded than other weekday nights but not oppressively so.

Bill From PA

It will definitely be more crowded than on a weekday, but I wouldn't let that keep me away! Friday morning/afternoon would be much less busy than Friday evening.

The earlier in the day you are there, the better off you are. If you want to try several things, you will for sure need 2 visits. There is too much good stuff to try it all in one visit, even if you share!

You will be fine as long as you hit World Showcase when it opens and through the afternoon. The Friday crowds won't really appear until that evening when locals get out of work and head out for the night.

It will get more crowded around 3-5 when the locals start getting off work. The morning and afternoon will be about the same as any weekday.

As others have said, there will be little to no impact from locals in the afternoon on Fridays. The evening will be much more crowded. I also recommend avoiding F&W on Saturdays.

We were at F&W last year on a Thurs and Fri night and mid afternoon on Sat-all were crowded but Friday night was definitely the worst-if there is a MNSSP at MK that night not only do you have all the local influx but also all the displaced MK, DHS, and AK park hoppers as it is the only park open past 7:30. Not much you can do unless you want to call it an early night though (or pay for MNSSP tickets). To be honest the crowds that night reminded me of when I have visited Epcot in the summer-2 hr waits for soarin, hard to maneuver stroller through the crowds, wanted to buy something at candy store in Germany but left when I realized the line was 30+ people deep just to check out-decided this year we will try to hit up F&W at least once during a week day afternoon to really enjoy. Maybe try to also do less popular FW attractions on Fri night to maximize time at WS time on Tues.

On Friday, we started at11:00 a.m. and saw it get more and more crowded as the day wore on. But by then we were ready to leave anyway. Just get an early start. Enjoy!

Thank you for all the replies! I'm glad to hear that we can visit through the afternoon! So excited to try everything!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter