• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Short trips and FP+ strategies - FOP or Slinky?

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
So, when the time comes, if you've got a short trip (say 4 park days), which FP do you prioritize? You can't put both AK and HS on the last day because you can only book for one park in advance. So, what's the strategy you'd employ?

This is not helpful really; but my strategy is to wait to see how this plays out a bit before I make a strategy. lol My next trip gives me that luxury as I won't be choosing FP's til a few weeks of feedback have already happened on the Dis. At this point, I feel we just don't know. More than likely I'll prioritize FoP just because I already know I like it better than SD.

I'd probably still do FOP since those waits don't seem to be dying down. I did 7DMT standby about 6 months after it opened (last minute tickets), we were there early enough in the day where it was only a 60 or 90 minute wait. I could probably tolerate that for Slinky dog, granted this was my childless self. If I'm going with kids, I'd skip FOP because there's no way in heck I'd wait in a long line with kids and would make SD the priority.

Although Slinky is new I think that FOP may still be harder to get as there really is no alternative good choice for FOP. The difference between FOP vs Navi is greater than the difference between Slinky vs TSM vs AS2 in my opinion.

ETA, that being said I'd still do Slinky personally just because it's new and we've ridden FOP a bunch of times.

Last year I didn't get FOP until 35 days before our trip. I won't stress it. What FPP I book at 60 days out aren't necessarily what we actually have at the actual park day.

And if that doesn't work, we'll rope drop it. Party time!

I'd prioritize FOP because that's the ride I'm more excited to try. I am excited to see Toy Story Land, but the rides don't seem as unique or thrilling. There are other kiddy coasters and scramblers, but good flight simulators are more rare. So I think it has to do a lot with personal preference and experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter