Short but Oooooh So Sweet Dining Review (including F&W) *** with pics!!*** (partial solo trip)

goofyintoronto

DIS Veteran
PART 1:

I was at wdw from Oct.26-31st, thought i'd share my dining experiences. I was on the (free) dining plan and traveled solo. Some meal were solo, other meals I met up with a disser. Here it goes:

GF Cafe dinner - Food here was pretty tasty. I had the steak with the cheese cake for dessert. Steak was cooked to my liking, kinda. It was a tad dry…just a smidge. Seemed as though it was sitting under a heat lamp for a while. Despite that, the flavor of the steak was quite good. The potatoes and veggies were tasty as well, good texture. The strawberry cheesecake was incredible, nice and fuffy. Not like a new York style cheesecake. Lovely atmosphere at GF cafe. I'd definitely come here again.

BTW there were about 4 pieces of potatoes on my plate, not just the one. The sauce on the side is a cheesy something, I honestly don't remember what it was. But it was good!

upload_2015-11-2_11-41-10.png

upload_2015-11-2_11-41-32.png

BOG lunch - Had the croque monsieur with fries. The croque monsieur was really good! Loved that it was actual ham sliced, and not deli slices of ham. Huge difference in flavour. The fries weren't typical disney fries, which I was impressed with. It was thinner and stayed crispy. Very tasty dish. For dessert I had the strawberry cupcake...I don't really care for cupcakes so I cant give a fair review. I thought it was just ok. Didnt care for the flavour of the icing. Kinda disappointing. My table mate had the grey stuff and dammit, it was so tasty! Should've ordered that instead. Oh well. :(
upload_2015-11-2_11-41-57.png

upload_2015-11-2_11-42-6.png

CRT dinner - Oh my goodness, this was the highlight meal of the trip believe it or not. I started out with the Royal Tasting of Cheese - a trio of cheeses with accompaniments. Absolutely delicious. For my main meal I had the Grilled Beef Tenderloin (without the shrimp) served with Gouda-mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Beef Glaze. They gave me more potatoes in lieu of the shrimp. First let me start off with the steak. Holy moly, cooked to perfection, the meat was so tender....and the flavour was incredible. The mashed potatoes were fluffy and fresh. You could really taste the gouda. I could eat a whole pot of this stuff! Veggies were nice and crispy...I believe it was broccoli rabe. For dessert I had the White Chocolate-Jasmine Tea Mousse, Lemon and Lime Curd with Honey-Oat Crisp. This was the best dessert of my whole trip. I cant tell you enough how delicious this meal was. I highly recommend it!

upload_2015-11-2_11-42-29.png

upload_2015-11-2_11-42-34.png

upload_2015-11-2_11-42-38.png

Crystal Palace breakfast - I've been here before and its still one of my faves. Nice variety. Love the omelette station. I love the pooh's puffed french toast and the breakfast lasagna. The lasagna is my fave actually. So tasty. It has a nice tart and custardy sweet combination. Not much else to say except yum! Plus the characters are always super adorable. Two thumbs up.

The Wave dinner - This place is a hidden gem. I had steak...I love steak.:teeth: Boy it didnt disappoint. It was so flavorful and tender and cooked to perfection (medium well). For dessert I had the seasonal trio. 1) pumpkin cheesecake, which was very good. 2) white mousse type of dessert. Again, very good. 3) The third had a stiff chocolately texture with a roasted marshmallow on top. Im not too crazy about chocolately desserts or marshmallows so I didnt really care for this one. I liked the crunchy crust on the bottom though. The crispy bits gave the dessert a nice texture component. Overall, pretty decent dessert. The Wave was my 2nd fave meal of the trip (first place goes to CRT). This will definitely be a must-do for each trip! Cant believe i've never been here before. :eek:

upload_2015-11-2_11-43-23.png

upload_2015-11-2_11-43-28.png

Last edited:
PART 2:

Boma breakfast - I was really excited to try this place since so many people rave about it. Let me start off by saying its a bit of a pain to get to AKL from another disney resort. Two buses (which is why I took a taxi). AKL is a lovely resort, a bit dark, but lovely. Now the food. Food was good, but not amazing. Nothing wow'd me about it. I honestly doubt i'd go out of my way for it in the future. The turkey bobtie was tasty, so were the carved meats and the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and chives. Also the corn spoon bread was awesome. But again, there was nothing amazing about it. I really don't get the hype? :confused3 Glad I tried it though! But i'll probably pass in the future.

upload_2015-11-2_11-45-23.png

Via Napoli lunch - This place has always been a fave of mine, and a must do each trip. I had my usual candele pasta, and as always, it was mouth watering good. I've tried a few pizza's in the past, which I love. And theyre amazing! But im obsessed with candele for some reason. Its just so incredible! Nice flavour, the little meatballs are so tasty and tender. Love the ricotta and the pasta sauce. Its heaven. :cloud9: Last trip I had the ugly but good sundae (not a fan to be honest), and i've pretty much tried every dessert on the menu except for tiramisu. So thats what I chose. Wow, its the best tiramisu i've ever had! Just the right amount of espresso flavor, not too over powering. It was so creamy and delightful. I highly recommend this! My meals at via never disappointed. This place continues to be a fave and must-do each and every trip.

upload_2015-11-2_11-45-39.png

upload_2015-11-2_11-45-48.png

50's Prime dinner - I'll start off by saying that every time i've dined here, I had to wait forever (and well past my time) to be seated. Got seated about 20-25 min past my reservation yet again. My server was a very nice lady, so warm and patient and incredibly sweet. But we were disappointed about not being scolded for anything. Lord knows we tried! We had our elbows on the table, played with our phones, you name it...but nada. Zip. Zilch. Its a shame cause i really enjoyed the shenanigans. But oh well. Next time i'll be sure to ask for a server who scolds. The people in the room next to us were really loud, sounds like they were having a great time cause the server really picked on them for every little thing. It was funny to watch! Anyway, on to the food. I wanted to try the pot roast BUT I had enough of beef during my trip so I got the chicken pot pie instead. Its not your traditional chicken pot pie, but rather a deconstructed pot pie. There was a flaky layer on the bottom, then your chicken/veggie mixture, followed by a hunk of flaky crust on the side. It was actually very tasty. I'd definitely get it again. I was too full for dessert but I did end up splitting the PB&J shake with my dinner companion. The shake portion is huge, perfect for sharing.

upload_2015-11-2_11-46-6.png

WGPE (marketplace) lunch - No trip is complete without a meal at WGPE. Love love love this place. Its always a consistently tasty meal each and every time. Incredible value on the dining plan. I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf with mashed potatoes and onion straws. It was HEAVEN. I've tried a few dishes at WGPE, but this one is definitely one of my faves.

upload_2015-11-2_11-47-3.png

For dessert I had the creme brulee. Although the cheesecake here is my fave dessert, I wasnt in the mood for something heavy, so I opted for something creamier. Great choice. Love the creme brulee. I highly recommend this place.
upload_2015-11-2_11-47-10.png

Sunshine Seasons On the dining plan if you order a salad, you get a soup as well. I had a cesar chicken salad with pumpkin soup and the strawberry shortcake for dessert. The salad was soggy, it was ok, not great. Under all that cheese is a big hunk of chicken, I would’ve preferred smaller pieces of chicken. No biggie though, I cut it myself. The soup was good, maybe a bit too sweet for my liking though. The strawberry shortcake was really good though. I’d make a separate trip just for that! Overall not a bad meal. But i'll probably pass next trip.

upload_2015-11-2_11-47-35.png

upload_2015-11-2_11-47-42.png

upload_2015-11-2_11-47-47.png

Last edited:
PART 3:

Wishes Dessert Party - First time trying the dessert party. Not sure what it was, maybe I wasnt in the mood for dessert that night, but I didn’t really care for anything. I nibbled a few items. I preferred the cheese and fruit that was offered to be honest. We got a table at the very front, great view. But because many people got up to stand at the railing for wishes, we did too. Overall good experience, but I wouldn’t return. Especially since it cost an arm and a leg!

Food & Wine - This was my first F&W experience. The last time I came in the fall I went out of my way to avoid the crowd at F&W. Not this time! This time I was sure to take part. I tried a lot of tasty dishes. Here's a quick run down:

France - Loved the boeuf bourguignon...the beef was tender and tasty, but the mashed potatoes were disappointing. Seems like its been sitting under a heat lamp. Creme brulee was incredible and creamy. It was vanilla chocolate creme brulee.

upload_2015-11-2_11-49-7.png

Notice the dark creamy layer on the bottom? Chocolate! YUM!
upload_2015-11-2_11-49-13.png

Italy - The cheese ravioli was very good! Sadly I don’t have a picture of this one.

Greece – Spinach/cheese spanakopita, so incredibly delicious! I could eat a whole tray of these.
upload_2015-11-2_11-49-57.png

Sustainable chew - Ricotta zucchini ravioli in tomato sauce. This was disappointing. The tomato sauce was blah, there was too much water on the bottom. I just didn’t care for it.
upload_2015-11-2_11-50-11.png

Cheese booth – im a sucker for cheese, so I loved this one.
upload_2015-11-2_11-50-24.png

Belgium – waffle with whip cream and berry compote. So good! The waffle was light and fluffy on the inside, with a slight crisp on the outside. The berry compote had the perfect amount of sweetness and tartyness to it. Whip cream was amazing of course.
upload_2015-11-2_11-50-40.png

Farm Fresh - loaded mac n’ cheese…need I say more? It was amazing.
upload_2015-11-2_11-50-57.png

Canada – wild mushroom beef filet mignon. This was extremely tasty. Definitely worth the $7.50 price tag.

upload_2015-11-2_11-51-16.png

Last edited:
PART 4:

Ice cream in France – oh my goodness, the icecream here is incredible. My first visit here I had the white chocolate coconut icecream. Very tasty. Loved the bits of coconut. My fave was during my second visit, the lemon icecream with crispy meringue pieces. WOW! This blew me away. If you like citrus flavours, you’ll love this one.

upload_2015-11-2_11-52-4.png

Last edited:

Enjoying your review! I have reservations at The Wave next month and I've never been there, so I'm glad to read that you had a yummy meal. :goodvibes

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. We're eagerly awaiting our first trip to WDW in February, and your review is adding to my excitement! :banana:

Enjoying your review! I have reservations at The Wave next month and I've never been there, so I'm glad to read that you had a yummy meal. :goodvibes
Oh you'll love it. It really is a hidden gem. Food is incredible! Enjoy! :wave:

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. We're eagerly awaiting our first trip to WDW in February, and your review is adding to my excitement! :banana:
And you should be excited. There's a lot of fun and good food in disney. Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes

Great review! I am considering adding The Wave to our list of reservations for our next trip.

Thanks for posting . I am doing a quick solo trip in March . Only 3 adrs but you went to all 3 Lunch via Napoli and BOG and breakfast at Crystal Palace. I can't wait to try the puffy French toast !

Thanks for posting . I am doing a quick solo trip in March . Only 3 adrs but you went to all 3 Lunch via Napoli and BOG and breakfast at Crystal Palace. I can't wait to try the puffy French toast !
Via is always amazing...I love my candele pasta dish :cloud9: .
At CP dont forget to try the breakfast lasagna, its at the dessert table. its so good! Its my fave breakfast dish. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter