>> Shipping To and From Disney Resorts FAQ (New) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lynne M, Aug 5, 2015.

1. CosmicGirl

CosmicGirl Mouseketeer

Thank you!

2. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

3. JonMcIntosh

JonMcIntosh Jonathan McIntosh

Can anyone speak to if they are charging for simple mail - letters, postcards, etc?

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

At the Values, yes.

6. JonMcIntosh

JonMcIntosh Jonathan McIntosh

Thanks @dansdad. Pretty low of Disney.

halfpintpeggy likes this.
  7. AMCSquared

AMCSquared Earning My Ears

I made an Amazon Prime Now (their 2 hour delivery service) at Coronado Spring Resort (which is also a Convention Resort). It was delivered to the Bell Service. There is currently no $5 charge for the packages/delivery.

8. missemmamm

missemmamm Earning My Ears

Has anyone purchased camping items from Amazon and had them delivered to Fort Wilderness before?

9. OrlandoBelle

OrlandoBelle Disney Life = Happy Wife

We're staying at AKL in october and I was hoping to have some groceries delivered. I'll be watching this thread closely to see if it's worth doing, or just take an uber to Publix on our first evening.

10. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

I'm planning on using my Amazon Prime for shipping for my WDW trip, but is there a difference between Amazon Pantry and Amazon Now? Which is better in this case?

11. china mom

china mom Mouseketeer

I use Amazon Pantry at home but never know exactly what day to expect my package and I don't think they have fresh groceries (at least they don't in my area). Amazon Now will deliver within two hours of your order or within a two hour window that you specify. You can purchase refrigerator items and other food items as well as bottled water and such.

The selection is not great - and surely not as good as Garden Grocer but the minimum order is only $20 and there is no deliver charge for Prime Members ($5 or 10% gratuity is recommended on the order screen)

12. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

Yeah, that was my initial impression when I checked out both, too. I mainly want it for shipping bottled water to my room, but that doesn't even seem to be an item available from Amazon Now. But then, it's not perishable so I can have it arrive a day or two ahead and wait for me.

13. Lesverts

Lesverts DIS Veteran

When a UPS truck - not van, but truck - pulls up to Pop Century to unload pallets of shipped to resort goods, plus van, after van, after van of Garden Grocer and other services, you'd understand why Disney has had to institute this fee. They have to staff their bell services with a lot more people to handle the volume of packages that are now coming into the resorts. I'd rather Disney pass this cost onto the people that are causing the extra expense in their P&L then for it to be passed along to everyone.

IrishNYC, siskaren and Lynne M like this.
  14. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

I have to agree. This very issue occurred to me when I first learned that it was a thing. Honestly I'm still surprised Disney allows outside food at all--pleasantly surprised--because every other theme park I've ever been to practically pats you down for water bottles, let alone all the rest. I think it's only fair that this fee only be attached to those availing themselves of the service. This is the age of "add-on", after all. :^)

15. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

The only surprise for me is that they waited this long to charge for deliveries. I think people tend to think in terms of themselves - "one or two boxes isn't any trouble for them to handle." But the GF has 900 rooms, not including the Villas. If only 10% of their guests are getting something delivered, whether it's groceries, a delivery from Amazon, a rented stroller, a scooter....that's 90 items to handle, to match up with incoming guests, to store. Some of those deliveries require special handling, like perishables.

And the GF is a comparatively small resort. Think of the All-Stars. 7500 rooms. Probably hundreds of items a day to track.

Across the entire property? Potentially thousands of packages. Even some local post offices don't handle anywhere near that volume.

16. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

Plus with services like Amazon Pantry/Now, those packages are rolling in constantly throughout the day, not just once in morning/afternoon. I'm sure they had to hire people JUST to handle that sort of volume at all the resorts.

17. kitkat4622

kitkat4622 DIS Veteran

I have a couple questions regarding amazon pantry. We are staying at CBR from 03/31-04/08
    1. when would you place an order so it is there the day we check in?
    2. I believe it's a $5 fee for having packages delivered, would that be correct?
    3. will bell services bring it to our room or do we have to pick it up
    4. do you tip bell services for doing this?
    thank you.

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

1. 1-4 business days before you check in
    2. No. The $5 package fee is currently only a test at the Values and does not include Prime orders
    3. Yes they will. You do have to be in your room. But you can call down from your room and they will bring it to you
    4. Yes. Which is the main reason you have to be in your room for them to deliver

19. kitkat4622

kitkat4622 DIS Veteran

thank you this is great ......

20. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

21. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

I've read that it isn't just the values but I'm having a hard time getting any personal experiences that it was or was not charged at any resorts. And I have read experiences where packages were delivered to the rooms without anyone in the room. Even an instance where groceries were put in the fridge.