Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Thanks so much for the maps - I had no idea the place was soo huge! Im not sure if this is a good thing for us or not. I know each section has its own pool, but which section is considered the "main section" - close to the food, arcade, shops?

but which section is considered the "main section" - close to the food, arcade, shops?

There really is no official "main section", but I'd probably have to say the side with the Cascades section. Both sides offer places to eat, pools and Rec Centers with activities and arcades.

The Cascade side has the one sit down restaurant on property. It's very small though. I'd guess no more than 15-20 tables if that. So don't go during peak dinner times which is pretty much 6-9 pm. The restaurant is called Zimmies. There is the Pizza Hut, KFC, A&W Express on the Fountains/Lakes side.

The General Store is on the Cascades side as well. The Lakes/Fountains side is quieter and less congested.

Hope this helps :)

There really is no official "main section", but I'd probably have to say the side with the Cascades section. Both sides offer places to eat, pools and Rec Centers with activities and arcades.

The Cascade side has the one sit down restaurant on property. It's very small though. I'd guess no more than 15-20 tables if that. So don't go during peak dinner times which is pretty much 6-9 pm. The restaurant is called Zimmies. There is the Pizza Hut, KFC, A&W Express on the Fountains/Lakes side.

The General Store is on the Cascades side as well. The Lakes/Fountains side is quieter and less congested.

Hope this helps :)
You have been such a big help. Thank you soo much! Is there a pool bar by all the pools or just Cascades? Also are there servers or is it just walk up yourself? I am already dreaming of my poolside margarita!! hee hee

Walk up service pool bar by Fountains pool, as well as Cascades and the Super pool. Zimmies has an outside sports bar that is pool side at the Super pool.

Glad to help with any info...........

Maria

This is such a great thread with so much info. We just found out we could possibly get a week for FREE here and though this is our first time offsite, this looks like a great resort.:thumbsup2

Just made our requests for our June trip!! I took your advice and made it kind of general and will hope for the best. I requested a newly renovated (non-smoking) villa and an elevator building close to zero entry pool. I also sited reasons like allergies and traveling with baby in stroller. Thanks for all your help Maria. I will also follow-up with a fax. 3-5 days before our arrival?

Can anyone suggest a grocery store? We will be leaving disney property and heading over to Vistana. We will want to stop at the grocery store on the way from one to the other. What store would be most convenient (on the way)?

Hey dtripli...
Sounds good so far. Yes, fax about 3 days before arrival. Also, you filled out the Diamond Lane online form as well ?
https://www.mystarcentral.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01&IM=SVO_RC_DIA_SVR

You can do that now.

As for a good store. We use the either the Super Walmart or Publix. If you are exiting the Vistana out of the main entrance (nearest the lobby/check in), you would turn RIGHT out of the resort. Follow on SR 535 (towards signs that say Kissimmee) several lights (not more than 7 min down the road for the Super Walmart which will be on your RIGHT. You'll see it....just turn into the parking lot.

The Publix is a little further down (maybe another 2-3 lights ?) and will be on your LEFT. It's just before/at 192.

I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions because I'm pretty sure there is a Super Target nearby too ? Just haven't been to that one. Goodings is the closest store to Vistana but it's fairly pricey.

Maria

We are booked here for October 2009 (four adults two childen). Can i ask a few questions.

1 - I appreciate this resort is huge, but can you 'walk' from the LAKES/FOUNTAINS side to the CASCADES side (on GOOGLE EARTH it looks like a main road separates the two sides. If you are in this side do you feel a bit 'separated from the Cascades section?

2 - looking at the resport map that has been posted on this thread Which is Fountain I and which Fountains II

3 - Will the refurbishment work on CASCADES cause any disruption in October 2009

4 - Where on the resort is the cycle hire shop

5 - How much does a taxi cost from Downtown Disney to this resort (looks pretty close)

6 - Is the onsite Grocery shop expensive?

7 - Are their plenty of parking spaces - or is it a battle to find a space when you return to to the resort at night?

Advance thanks

1 - I appreciate this resort is huge, but can you 'walk' from the LAKES/FOUNTAINS side to the CASCADES side (on GOOGLE EARTH it looks like a main road separates the two sides. If you are in this side do you feel a bit 'separated from the Cascades section?
Yes, you can walk and yes, I would say you would feel a bit separated from the Cascades area. There is a separate guard station for each section and a wall/fence partially dividing them. But you can easily walk between the two. Depending on where your villa is located, anywhere from a 2-3 min walk to a 10 min walk if you are in one of the back rooms.

2 - looking at the resport map that has been posted on this thread Which is Fountain I and which Fountains II

Fountains II is generally the area that is the lighter color and to the right on the map. You can see the small roadway that separates the two on the map. Fountains II has the jacuzzi tub inside the master bedroom (as in the Lakes and Cascades). Fountains I has the whirlpool tub inside the master bathroom.

3 - Will the refurbishment work on CASCADES cause any disruption in October 2009

I would say, yes, you will probably witness/hear some noise from the refurb. I can't imagine the noise will be too much.....but this is a major remodel, so you'll probably see workers all around. They will probably tackle one or two buildings at a time.

4 - Where on the resort is the cycle hire shop

Do u mean where can you rent bikes ? I know they rent bikes near the Cascades Rec Center.

5 - How much does a taxi cost from Downtown Disney to this resort (looks pretty close)

I can't help u with this, but I would guess around $10 one way. Maybe someone else has used a taxi and can give u a better idea.

6 - Is the onsite Grocery shop expensive?

Yes, compared to offsite big chains like Publix, Walmart and Target. You pay for the convenience. But it's good for a few things you might want right away.

7 - Are their plenty of parking spaces - or is it a battle to find a space when you return to to the resort at night?

The later you return, the harder it will be to find a space CLOSE to your villa it will be. I think the furthest I've ever had to park when we return late is maybe 7-8 spaces away from our door. Generally, we're able to park right in front during the height of the day. Late at night is the toughest. But I've always been able to find a spot.

Hope this helps.
Maria

Thankyou so much for your thorough answers - really appreciated

We are there with our parents, us and our children 7 & 9, plus we are celbrating a 60th.

So because we will have a mixture of going mad in the parks and water parks some days and then relaxing at resort some days, I think either fountains I or Fountains II (or Lakes) sounds good to us, so thats what i will request using Dimond Check In, and then fax a polite reminder a few days before.

I just wanted to make sure we could easily walk over to the main activity centre and the other pools and rec areas (cascades & market place area mainly) easily - as it looks like its a busy road separating the two sides, and the ease in which to do this is hard to figure out from the google earth images.

Anyway - thanks so much

as it looks like its a busy road separating the two sides

No...not too busy of a street. Mostly utilized by resort guests only.

Oh...since you mentioned grandparents would be coming, just wanted to give u a head's up. Fountains I and II have no elevators. So request "ground floor" for those if your parents have mobility issues. They are only 3 stories high.

Lakes does have elevators and are 5 and 6 floors high.

Hope this helps.

Maria

I know when I've been there during the Fall they were----steam was coming off the water. During the summer...not sure. I think they may be a little. But the sun is so hot in FL in the summer that it really heats the water in the pools. The water never feels uncomfortable to me.

Maria

Thank you again for all of your help with everything!! I was curious what your favorite section of the resort is and why? Also, I forgot all about needing a crib for the baby. Do they have them and is it something I need to request ahead of time or just at check-in?

I would request the baby crib ahead of time by calling. I know they have them, but I haven't had need of them in many years. Probably requesting it on the Diamond Lane form is the way to go.
from owner's website :
Cribs and Highchairs
Cribs and highchairs are available upon request. Please call Sheraton Vacation Ownership toll free at (888) SV-OWNER (786-9637) to make arrangements.

My favorite section. This is easy. It's the Lakes. I love the more quiet and relaxing atmosphere on the Lakes/Fountains side of the resort. I found it more congested and more cars on the Cascades side. And I choose Lakes over Fountains based soley on the fact that there are elevators in the bldgs. The Lakes pool is also nice because of the zero depth entry. I know most people prefer the newer Cascades, but I still like the Lakes. The Lakes room configuration is the same as the Fountains II. Meaning the jacuzzi tub is inside the master bedroom. Fountains I has the tub in the master bathroom. Also, one small section of the Fountains II has no water view. It backs up to a small grassy area and wooden fence (that is your balcony view). One staff member tried to put us there one year and I pleaded for a water view. They didn't even realize the room they were trying to put me in had no water view. But being a long-time owner, I was well aware. So thankfully they were able to move me. View is important to me. 1601 to 1612 and 1631 to 1672 are the Fountains II with no water view.

Maria

I would request the baby crib ahead of time by calling. I know they have them, but I haven't had need of them in many years. Probably requesting it on the Diamond Lane form is the way to go.
from owner's website :
Cribs and Highchairs
Cribs and highchairs are available upon request. Please call Sheraton Vacation Ownership toll free at (888) SV-OWNER (786-9637) to make arrangements.

My favorite section. This is easy. It's the Lakes. I love the more quiet and relaxing atmosphere on the Lakes/Fountains side of the resort. I found it more congested and more cars on the Cascades side. And I choose Lakes over Fountains based soley on the fact that there are elevators in the bldgs. The Lakes pool is also nice because of the zero depth entry. I know most people prefer the newer Cascades, but I still like the Lakes. The Lakes room configuration is the same as the Fountains II. Meaning the jacuzzi tub is inside the master bedroom. Fountains I has the tub in the master bathroom. Also, one small section of the Fountains II has no water view. It backs up to a small grassy area and wooden fence (that is your balcony view). One staff member tried to put us there one year and I pleaded for a water view. They didn't even realize the room they were trying to put me in had no water view. But being a long-time owner, I was well aware. So thankfully they were able to move me. View is important to me. 1601 to 1612 and 1631 to 1672 are the Fountains II with no water view.

Maria

Thanks Maria - I just noticed your in Lansdale....we are practically neighbors - we are in Gilbertsville. My husband works in Norristown as well. Such a small world!! Do you think it will be ok to call a week ahead? We will be in Disney the week before we get to Vistana so it will be easier for me to just call from home. And thank-you again - you are an expert on this place!

You're welcome...and yes, a week ahead should be fine.

And howdy neighbor to you too ! Norristown is at most, a 25 min drive from me. I work in Abington. Dh works in Philly.

Glad I could be of some help to you. Have fun planning the rest of your trip !

Maria

We are leaving in a couple of weeks to stay here. I am trying to get my stuff together and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have hairdryers in the rooms. I know this sounds crazy but I will have 3 teenage girls and this is a must for them. I just dont want to pack anything we dont need. Thank you for your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter