Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

I was issued a "guest certificate" through Interval International (my parents timeshare) for a full week at Sheraton Vistana. (2BR Villa, sleeps 8). We just realized that 4/27-5/1 will go unused (4 nights). It's non-refundable so I'm trying to figure out how I could offer these four nights to someone who might be interested. It would be $90 per night (that INCLUDES taxes), so it's a great deal for the 2 BR villa.

Can I post a thread offering it? I can't figure out how to contact a moderator for the disboards to figure out if it's legal.

Any suggestions?

Angela
sadler@sadlerweb.com

Angela...
I know the DIS does not allow posting of ads for sales/rent . Kilee is the mod for this board. You could try PM'ing her........

Maria

I will be visiting here May 22-29. I will have me, hubby and 4 teens ages 16 -18. From the sounds of it I need to try and get in the cascades if possible. Is that where the pool bar is also. Is this the biggest and nicest pool for the teens to spend some down time after the parks.

From the sounds of it I need to try and get in the cascades if possible. Is that where the pool bar is also. Is this the biggest and nicest pool for the teens to spend some down time after the parks.

The biggest pool is the Super Pool over in the older area near the Courts and Spas. Zimmies restaurant is over there and there is a bar at the pool. The Cascades has a bar, as does the Fountains pool. So I'm not sure why you specifically only want the Cascades, but I think you and your family will enjoy this section. No matter which section you are in, you can swim in any of the seven pools.

Maria

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread but are there certain areas where only one bdrms are located? thanks and again, sorry for hijack

I was issued a "guest certificate" through Interval International (my parents timeshare) for a full week at Sheraton Vistana. (2BR Villa, sleeps 8). We just realized that 4/27-5/1 will go unused (4 nights). It's non-refundable so I'm trying to figure out how I could offer these four nights to someone who might be interested. It would be $90 per night (that INCLUDES taxes), so it's a great deal for the 2 BR villa.

Can I post a thread offering it? I can't figure out how to contact a moderator for the disboards to figure out if it's legal.

Any suggestions?

Angela
sadler@sadlerweb.com

Interval Intl doesn't allow the renting of their weeks. If they found out (and they monitor popular websites) the whole week could be cancelled and or your parents account could be suspended. Not worth the risk. Just let the four nights go unused if you can't find a friend or family member who wants to use them.

We've often used these for partial weeks. It still comes out to a pretty good daily rate compared to renting something the same size.

Sheila

Oh good to know Sheila ! I was not aware of that as I rarely exchange. Thanks for sharing.

Maria

The biggest pool is the Super Pool over in the older area near the Courts and Spas. Zimmies restaurant is over there and there is a bar at the pool. The Cascades has a bar, as does the Fountains pool. So I'm not sure why you specifically only want the Cascades, but I think you and your family will enjoy this section. No matter which section you are in, you can swim in any of the seven pools.

Maria

I was just thought I was seeing that the Cascades are nicer and better to get. I dont know really where would be the best so maybe the fountains or Cascade would be good for all of us.

is there a map of the resort anywhere?
we will be staying there in september and i would like to see the layout.
also, the picture of the slide on the earlier post didn't come through on my computer, just a blank, if anyone else has a picture of the slide can you post it for me?

Interval Intl doesn't allow the renting of their weeks. If they found out (and they monitor popular websites) the whole week could be cancelled and or your parents account could be suspended. Not worth the risk. Just let the four nights go unused if you can't find a friend or family member who wants to use them.

We've often used these for partial weeks. It still comes out to a pretty good daily rate compared to renting something the same size.

Sheila

thanks. obviously you can tell I'm quite clueless about this. it ends up we will be able to stay there after all!! Very excited!

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread but are there certain areas where only one bdrms are located? thanks and again, sorry for hijack

Don't apologize brittsmum. Yes. The one bedrooms are only in the two newest sections : Cascades and Lakes. They are the only sections with 2 bedroom lock-offs which is where the one bedrooms come from.

Maria

is there a map of the resort anywhere?
we will be staying there in september and i would like to see the layout.
also, the picture of the slide on the earlier post didn't come through on my computer, just a blank, if anyone else has a picture of the slide can you post it for me?

Hi hannymom. Sorry my slide pics didn't come through for you ? Can anyone else see it ? I used Photobucket all the time to post. Let me try using the DIS photo storage.

671647b7cf28b3127cce98548b43eac300000017109AZtXLNi0bE.jpeg

671647b7cf28b3127cce98548b406bf000000017109AZtXLNi0bE.jpeg

My map pics are too large for the DIS to upload. I'd post the pics here via photobucket, but I guess you wouldn't be able to see them since you can't see my slide pics on the first page ? I could email them to you if you PM me ?

Maria

Hi Maria,

So will the total refurbishment of all units be done by January 2011? My sister would love to stay in a 2 bedroom at this resort because of all the swimming pools and activities. She just wants to wait until all refurbishments of the 2 bedrooms are finished. :)

Hi littlestar....
Yes, here's is the most current rehab schedule :

REHAB SCHEDULE :
Lakes, Fountains I, Fountains II complete in 2008
Springs : Feb -June 2009
Falls : Jan --May 2009
Spas : April 2010--Jan 2011
Courts : Aug--Dec 2010
Cascades : May 2009 to May 2010 (largest section)

Maria

Don't apologize brittsmum. Yes. The one bedrooms are only in the two newest sections : Cascades and Lakes. They are the only sections with 2 bedroom lock-offs which is where the one bedrooms come from.

Maria

thank you :flower3:

Hi -- I have some questions about the Vistana Resort that i hope you experts can help answer!

We are planning a one-week trip for November and will book the resort using an Interval International Getaway (where you pay cash instead of trade your timeshare, only available to II members).

I will book a 2-br that accommodates 8 -- we'll have six adults and one child. Obviously we'd like a renovated unit, and I have seen the renovation schedules posted here and at RedWeek.com and it seems like almost all accommodations will be finished by November.

We must have either a ground-floor room or a unit accessible via elevator due to some in our party with mobility issues. We don't need a specific handicapped unit, just something that doesn't involve stairs.

I've noticed the resort request form posted on Pg1 of this thread, so I'm guessing we'll use that as the time for our trip approaches to make our requests.

Which specific buildings/areas should we request to suit our party's needs? Is there any way to insure getting something that doesn't require stairs? I know that most hotel requests are just that -- requests -- and involve no guarantees, but in this case I'd kinda like one. ;)

Thanks very much!!!

We must have either a ground-floor room or a unit accessible via elevator due to some in our party with mobility issues. We don't need a specific handicapped unit, just something that doesn't involve stairs.

I've noticed the resort request form posted on Pg1 of this thread, so I'm guessing we'll use that as the time for our trip approaches to make our requests.

Which specific buildings/areas should we request to suit our party's needs? Is there any way to insure getting something that doesn't require stairs? I know that most hotel requests are just that -- requests -- and involve no guarantees, but in this case I'd kinda like one.

Hi Rae,
First of all....I'd guess only about 50-60% of the resort will be completely rehabbed by Nov. The rehab is slated to go into 2010-2011.

That said, definitely fill out the Diamond Lane form and specifiy "elevator bldg or ground floor for MEDICAL/Mobility reasons". I'd back that up with a fax to the attention of the Vistana Room Controller about 3-5 days prior to arrival.
FAX : 407 239 3111

Also, not sure how limited mobility is....but the Cascades and Lakes are the only two pools with zero depth entry. So don't have to worry about ladders or stairs for getting in and out of the pool.

Hope this helps.........
Maria

Thank you, Maria!! I just booked the week and we are excited. :hippie:

I guess I read the refurb schedule wrong, but I will request a renovated unit when I put in the request for the accessible unit.

How far ahead should we place those requests? Is there any benefit to placing them this many months out? Or will they just be shelved until the check-in date is closer?

I think it's ok to fill out the Diamond Lane form 2-3 months in advance, but don't fax until more like 3-5 days before arrival date. Just make sure you specify in both DL and Fax that the request is for "medical or mobility" reasons.

take care,
Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter