• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Safari

travelin' tigger

DIS Veteran
Checked in on Dec. 17th for 2 nights. VERY nice people at the front desk and got me checked in around 1pm. Room was ready - city-view (1323) and was nice and clean. This hotel is great for off-site - close to DTD and restaurants. First night was $59 thru travelzoo, 2nd night was free on Starwood points.

While I was checking in I inquired about coming back for 1 night on Dec. 21 - got a std. room for $79!!! So when I check out of the BWV tomorrow I'm back to the Safari!! :cool1:

We've stayed here too. So far it is my favorite off site hotel. The rooms are really comfortable we thought. We also found the staff to be very friendly too.

We're arriving Jan 10/2007 and need to hit a grocery store. We need to buy some soy milk and snacks for the kids....

We stayed there in October - we had a lovely time! Comfortable clean rooms, friendly staff, nice pool area and well situated even for us non-drivers!

There was a Winn-Dixie and a Walgreen's within reasonable walking distance, and there are local "supermarket" stores even closer. I'm sure you'll have no problems buying the things you need for your little ones!:)

What about the shuttle bus service from the hotel? Was it reliable? Decent schedule? Would a taxi be better or are we wasting our money on a taxi?

we stayed over thanksgiving and the staff was amazing; The chef in the restaurant downstairs was the sweetest!

I have food allergies and was planning on having thanksgiving dinner in the MK, but I made it halfway through the parking lot of MK and had an asthma attack. Back to the hotel we went. The chef took extra care to make a safe meal, and even sent a surprise up to the room (tink pj's and a backpack!)

What about the shuttle bus service from the hotel? Was it reliable? Decent schedule? Would a taxi be better or are we wasting our money on a taxi?
I had a rental so didn't utilize the busses. They did give out a schedule at check-in and since my room was above the bus stop, it sounded like they were fairly regular.

We found the buses to be very useful and reliable for WDW - these buses were free so we only had to tip the drivers for these buses.

The days we went to SeaWorld and Universal, we took a taxi which we found to be reasonably priced and there was actually a service at the hotel to book taxis or you could call your favourite local company if you wished. There was 5 of us in our party so it worked out cheaper to pay for a taxi than to book the round trip buses for all of us.;)

We even WALKED back from Downtown Disney several times - but I wouldn't have done that in the height of summer - as it was a fairly long, but nice walk! We're Scottish - walking doesn't bother us too much, but we did get some funny looks from folks in their cars! :rotfl: FYI - I can drive as does DH, but we prefer not to when we're on vacation!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter