~~ Sew your Disney side Alli-son-son!! ~~ Allison's grad trip Jan 2016 ~~ Complete 2/22

So sorry you were so cold. I guess if we ever decide to go in January we'll know to layer. Sounds like you made the best out of it despite being cold. I'm sure October will be warmer.

OMW D - you are at the end of your TR and I just got all caught up with your PTR and TR - as usual, kudos to you and I enjoyed every minute of it. What an awesome time with Allison and beautiful memories to be had. I got a lump in my throat seeing her as a little one and now the beautiful young lady she is. I don't know what I enjoyed more; every day was epic, except for the finger incident and the cold I think. I had a similar thing happen to my big toe a couple of years ago; I don't know how Allison performed surgery on herself; I just about passed out. And I am a native Texan; I do not like being cold. Ya'll braved it quite well. Awesome Dis meets; awesome time with Santos; new experience with the Cirque show; and awesome, awesome, awesome new adventure at US. Thanks for sharing D! I will be following along on your PTR and looking forward to your time with Victoria.

OMG I just read this whole thing today! I am so sorry about your daughter's finger. I do hope it heals up! Poor thing!

I love mom/daughter trips so much!

I love all your outfits! I never get into my outfits as much, but do have to ask: where do you all get those cute bags? Do you sew them? I saw other DISers with similar ones as well. They are so darn cute!

Thanks for your TR's!

-Amy

Hey D! Great trip report. I really enjoyed reading it. Even with the cold it seems as you and Allison still managed to have a great time! I look forward to reading about V's trip in October!

What a great trip report.

WooHoo for finding your hipster! I know how much you wanted it so I am very happy for you.

I am so glad you and Allison were able to take this trip together. What a wonderful time for the two of you.

I loved seeing the photos of your girls growing up on Disney.

Looks like you had a great last day.

It was a great last day!

I really enjoyed reading your report and I absolutely love your bags! You are so talented!

Thank you - I am so happy you enjoyed reading about our trip! :lovestruc And thank you very much. :D

Great report, I hate being "cold" in FL too! I love all your clothing and bag choices for the park. So much fun!

Thanks!!! I am very happy you enjoyed reading about our trip.

I'm so sorry it was so cold for you guys. I think I mentioned earlier that we were on a trip when it was so cold and it really wasn't enjoyable. Part of it was my fault because I didn't pack properly but we had a hard time enjoying ourselves and we skipped a lot of evening parades/fireworks.

I'm so glad you were able to find a VB bag with perfect pattern placement. :thumbsup2 Mission accomplished!

I'm glad your travel day was uneventful and I'm sure your family was happy you guys were home. :)

Thanks for taking us along on your trip. I really enjoyed reading your report. I'll miss coming here everyday to read it. I'll look for a new report in the fall.

I enjoyed the photos of Allison (and you and your other daughter) at Disney through the years.

I agree - part of it was my fault for not packing properly - but I had NO idea that 40° in FL was so much different than 40° in MN - LOL I packed warmer clothes than what I would wear at those temps here... I know better for next time. LOL

Me too - I was so happy to have found it - mine is in such horrible shape, it's almost embarrassing to carry right now. LOL But I am wearing it until at least spring.

Yes - it was a decent travel day - I wish I could have found flights for later in the day, it would have been much easier on us - but oh well. It was nice to get home earlier in the day too.

I am not quite done with it yet - I have a few more updates to do... but I am almost done... Then I have V's trip to finish planning. :thumbsup2

Thanks for following along! :lovestruc

I'm glad to have helped. :) We had just returned from our Florida vacation a few days before your trip and it was so cold at night that we decided to stay in the resort most nights. But it wasn't our coldest trip. I'll never forget one January trip when the temps dropped into the 30's, they had a freeze warning, and we could never get warm even though we had brought our winter coats. We couldn't wait to get back to central heating and insulted buildings. We didn't go back to Disney for three years after that trip.

Santos sounds like a great guy. You really had a lot of pixie dust friends on this trip.

I see why you needed to look for the right pattern placement. Those bags are cute.

I love your pictures of the girls when they were little. I have a sister who is 13 months younger than me and my mom dressed us alike when we were little. Seeing how much taller Allison is than Victoria reminds me of how different in sizes my sister and I were. The annoying thing about it was that my younger sister was taller than me and everyone thought that she was the oldest.

I think that was half the problem - really nothing is heated - so a person could warm up but never really get warm?? :scratchin There were a few evenings/overnights where it had dipped down into the 30's - it was no fun...

He was a great friend!

Hahahaha... Yah - I dunno - I just can't bring myself to pay $75 for a "Disney" bag if it doesn't have any visible Disney on it. LOL If I am gong to get a Disney bag - it better be a Disney bag. ;)

Thanks!!! I miss them being little so much - especially with the Littles here right now. They grew way too fast! I loved dressing them alike or coordinating - and it was much easier while we were on vacation - to spot them if we got separated.

Great trip report

Thanks Lillian - I am glad you enjoyed it! :lovestruc

Wonderful trip report! Loved reading along! Love the "throwback" pictures! Your girls looked like twins when they were younger.

I have to ask, though. Maybe I missed it, but where did you get the title of your TR?

Thanks! I am glad you've enjoyed reading about our trip. :lovestruc

Hahaha... Now that you mention it - I don't think I put that in my TR at all... I better figure out where it goes? :scratchin Because we said it to eachother often. When we first arrived in Disney... Allison was teasing me, because I do tend to dress up a little... :scratchin She said "Geez Mom, you need to show your Disney Side a little bit..." And I was teasing her back, and it kind of became a theme... Every morning - she'd tell me, "Mom, you really need to show your Disney Side a little more - you're lacking..." And I'd say back to her... "You need to show your Disney Side Alli-son-son..." It was said in sort of a growl tone, and Alli-son-son is one of my nick names for her. :lovestruc It was said many other times - any time someone would compliment me on any of my gear/outfits... Eventually - it turned into "Sew your Disney Side Alli-son-son..." And that's it. I may have been one of those - "you had to be there" moments? :scratchin

So sorry you were so cold. I guess if we ever decide to go in January we'll know to layer. Sounds like you made the best out of it despite being cold. I'm sure October will be warmer.

Yes - definitely layer... Lots and lots of layering. LOL I am hoping for a much warmer October - considering that November was absolutely glorious! :lovestruc

OMW D - you are at the end of your TR and I just got all caught up with your PTR and TR - as usual, kudos to you and I enjoyed every minute of it. What an awesome time with Allison and beautiful memories to be had. I got a lump in my throat seeing her as a little one and now the beautiful young lady she is. I don't know what I enjoyed more; every day was epic, except for the finger incident and the cold I think. I had a similar thing happen to my big toe a couple of years ago; I don't know how Allison performed surgery on herself; I just about passed out. And I am a native Texan; I do not like being cold. Ya'll braved it quite well. Awesome Dis meets; awesome time with Santos; new experience with the Cirque show; and awesome, awesome, awesome new adventure at US. Thanks for sharing D! I will be following along on your PTR and looking forward to your time with Victoria.

Hi Carol!!!! So happy to see you here! I am so glad you enjoyed reading about our trip - it was so much fun and so wonderful spending that time with her! I wish I could do it again and again. :lovestruc I am really looking forward to my trip with V though - it will be very similar and very fun - and hopefully warmer. LOL Thanks for stopping by! :hug:

OMG I just read this whole thing today! I am so sorry about your daughter's finger. I do hope it heals up! Poor thing!

I love mom/daughter trips so much!

I love all your outfits! I never get into my outfits as much, but do have to ask: where do you all get those cute bags? Do you sew them? I saw other DISers with similar ones as well. They are so darn cute!

Thanks for your TR's!

-Amy

Welcome Amy! :)

Well - the rest of her nail finally fell off the other day - we happened to be in to the Dr. yesterday for an unrelated issue - and had him take a look at her finger nail... He said that it may or may not grow back. :( Hopefully it does.

We enjoyed ourselves so much - it was so relaxing and we got along very well - so that was nice.

Thanks - I make my own bags. :lovestruc

I am glad you enjoyed reading! I hope you'll follow along in my current PTR (in my siggy) and look for my TR from Victoria's trip when we go in October. ::yes::

Hey D! Great trip report. I really enjoyed reading it. Even with the cold it seems as you and Allison still managed to have a great time! I look forward to reading about V's trip in October!

I am so glad you enjoyed reading about it - I love sharing my trips with all of you! It's so much fun reliving it all! I can't wait to share V's trip either - it's going to be so much fun!

I'm sure you've told the story before - but how did you become friends with Santos?

It was pretty simple actually... You can read about it in my August 2013 Trip Report - but we met Santos as a CM at FQ when we stayed there that trip... We became friends on FB and have stayed in touch since then. Every time we go down now - we meet up with him in the parks or at a resort - we've met his family, and enjoy spending time with him. He has become a great friend to the girls and I. :D

What a great trip report.

WooHoo for finding your hipster! I know how much you wanted it so I am very happy for you.

I am so glad you and Allison were able to take this trip together. What a wonderful time for the two of you.

I loved seeing the photos of your girls growing up on Disney.

Thanks Debora! I was so happy to find my Hipster - I was really starting to kick myself for not buying one earlier in the trip - but in all fairness - I had been looking at them my entire trip - but had never seen one that had good pattern placement until that day in the Poly... So, it worked out in the end.

It was an amazing trip - and one I was so happy to have had the opportunity to take.

I have more to share - that was just from our first trip... :lovestruc

********************************************************************************************

I have a few more "growing up Disney" posts worth of photos to share with you all - and another update or two - so don't run off too far yet everyone. ::yes::

D~

Wonderful TR!!! And I love that you are ending it with all the throw back photos of Allison at Disney!!! What a fantastic trip you had. You had lots of one on one time with Allision, but also had a great balance of time with some dear Disney friends, too! Perfect!

Thanks! I am glad you've enjoyed reading about our trip. :lovestruc

Hahaha... Now that you mention it - I don't think I put that in my TR at all... I better figure out where it goes? :scratchin Because we said it to eachother often. When we first arrived in Disney... Allison was teasing me, because I do tend to dress up a little... :scratchin She said "Geez Mom, you need to show your Disney Side a little bit..." And I was teasing her back, and it kind of became a theme... Every morning - she'd tell me, "Mom, you really need to show your Disney Side a little more - you're lacking..." And I'd say back to her... "You need to show your Disney Side Alli-son-son..." It was said in sort of a growl tone, and Alli-son-son is one of my nick names for her. :lovestruc It was said many other times - any time someone would compliment me on any of my gear/outfits... Eventually - it turned into "Sew your Disney Side Alli-son-son..." And that's it. I may have been one of those - "you had to be there" moments? :scratchin
D~

Hahaha! That sounds like something my family would start doing! LOL

We were seated at the cutest little bay window seat - I just loved how cozy it looked. It reminded me of Christmas - even though there were no holiday decorations.

Hahaha, that's exactly the same table DH and I had on our last trip. I think it's my favorite place in there because you're kind of tucked out of the way & can see people wandering through the area.

For dessert - we ordered the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake to share... We really wanted Martha Washington's chocolate cake - but it was no longer on the menu

Either one of them has to be better than that nasty Johnny Appleseed cake they serve at dinner. I wonder if they would switch it out for the Toffee Cake???

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7587279701.jpg

Oh my gosh!! A's face is cracking me up!!! I can't wait to ride this!

I'm glad you had a less-eventful trip home. The flashback photos of Allison are absolutely adorable. Hooray for a wonderful graduation trip!!

That was such a great TR. I am inspired to plan for when my DD us a senior in high school as well! (she is only 5 now...so I have plenty of time to plan! lol)
Loved it Loved it Loved it!!

Finally had a chance to catch up and it's almost over. :sad2: But I enjoyed every minute of it! Not even going to try to comment on everything as I was 11 pages behind. I am glad you had a great time at US other than the motion sickness issues. I have the same problem there!

Thanks so much for sharing your mother/daughter trip with us. I have enjoyed every moment. I hate that it was so cold
but it looks like you both made the very best of it. Such great memories for you both to cherish. Can't wait to read all
about your trip plans with V.

What a wonderful trip - such great memories for you and Allison! I'm so glad you found a bag with good placement!

It was - I am so happy that we had as much fun as we did. Fabulous memories!

Me too - I didn't think I would. Phew! LOL

Really enjoyed this! Thanks so much for sharing with us. :)
The look back is so sweet.

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it - I love sharing my trips here!

Wonderful TR!!! And I love that you are ending it with all the throw back photos of Allison at Disney!!! What a fantastic trip you had. You had lots of one on one time with Allision, but also had a great balance of time with some dear Disney friends, too! Perfect!

I thought it would be fun - I am sure some of you have seen a lot of these photos already - but it's fun to watch them grow up.

I was surprised at how well it went - it was nice to throw a 3rd person in there once in a while, just to keep it interesting. I am sure we will do the same thing for V's trip too.

I am glad you enjoyed it - thanks for following along! :hug:

Hahaha! That sounds like something my family would start doing! LOL

::yes:: :lmao:

Hahaha, that's exactly the same table DH and I had on our last trip. I think it's my favorite place in there because you're kind of tucked out of the way & can see people wandering through the area.

Either one of them has to be better than that nasty Johnny Appleseed cake they serve at dinner. I wonder if they would switch it out for the Toffee Cake???

Oh my gosh!! A's face is cracking me up!!! I can't wait to ride this!

I'm glad you had a less-eventful trip home. The flashback photos of Allison are absolutely adorable. Hooray for a wonderful graduation trip!!

I just loved that spot - it was just so cute. Exactly! ::yes::

Hahaha... I've never had that one... but that melted ice cream on top was enough to do us both in after the Kitchen Sink. LOL

LOL - Yah - I have no idea what that face is all about? :scratchin

Thanks! I am glad you all are enjoying them. :thumbsup2

That was such a great TR. I am inspired to plan for when my DD us a senior in high school as well! (she is only 5 now...so I have plenty of time to plan! lol)
Loved it Loved it Loved it!!

Awww... I am glad you enjoyed it! And yes - do plan a trip when she is older... I absolutely cherish all of these trips with the girls - the memories we have made have been incredible!

:lovestruc

Finally had a chance to catch up and it's almost over. :sad2: But I enjoyed every minute of it! Not even going to try to comment on everything as I was 11 pages behind. I am glad you had a great time at US other than the motion sickness issues. I have the same problem there!

Awww... thanks for stopping by Ariana... And for taking the time to catch up. :hug: It's good to have you back!

Great report and looks like you had a good time.

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it! I am looking forward to sharing V's grad trip in October too - it should be a lot of fun!

Thanks so much for sharing your mother/daughter trip with us. I have enjoyed every moment. I hate that it was so cold
but it looks like you both made the very best of it. Such great memories for you both to cherish. Can't wait to read all
about your trip plans with V.

Awww... thank you - I am glad you enjoyed it! Yes, we did the best we could under the circumstances... We wished it had been warmer - but it was still warmer than being at home that week... And so far - thanks to that week in FL - we avoided the coldest temps in MN this season - so it's not all bad. LOL ::yes::

Thanks - it won't be long now and I'll be making ADRs for her trip! :woohoo:

**********************************************************************************************

OK - I have more flash backs ready to go for you all today! :woohoo:

D~

Loving the throwback pictures! It's so much fun to see how things have changed over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter