• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ Sew your Disney side Alli-son-son!! ~~ Allison's grad trip Jan 2016 ~~ Complete 2/22

I've stayed at BWI/BWV 8 times and never noticed that sewing machine.:teeth: The details at WDW really are amazing.

You know you can walk from Poly to TTC right? I don't think the walk from Poly bus stop could be any further than walk fro CR bus stop to monorail then down ramp to parking lot. I thought CR bus often shares with Poly bus. It's been 7 years since I've stayed at Poly. When I did the bus would stop at CR first then Poly. I would think staying on that bus would get you to TTC quicker than taking the monorail.

I can't believe you had the Kitchen Sink. No wonder you got sick eating that much.
YAY for making it to the SoG bus at the end of the day.

Your Boardwalk pics. :love:
Early morning with coffee or late at lights with the lights turned on. That place is magic I tell you!

From Boardwalk, we walked to Beach Club... I just love the Boardwalk - some day, if I ever decide to stay in a Disney resort again - I'd really like to make this one happen - it's a theme that I really enjoy.
I love that you and Allison spent the day resort hopping - so much fun!!! The bW really is nice and unique. Honestly, the whole EPCOT resort area is great, since you are so close to so many things.
We had a "snack" ADR at Beaches & Cream... I bet you all know what's coming next - don't you? :scratchin
:scared1:
Yes - we did it.... Party of 2, in the corner... Lights and sirens going off - we felt like such piggies... Everyone was staring and gawking at us, but who cares right? We wanted to try it, and darn it - we were going to. LOL Go big, or go home folks!

20160118_144510.jpg
No way!!! That is great. I've always wanted to do the kitchen sink...maybe since I'm staying at the BCV this summer I will finally get the chance.:laughing:
Bellies full and slightly sick, we hopped on a bus to Downtown Disney - now known as Disney Springs, but I am not sure I will ever get used to that?
I still call it DTD, I don't think I'll ever fully get used to the new name as well...:scratchin
We wandered a bit here... Since we knew that there really wasn't much for food options at SoG, we decided to get Earl of Sandwich to go.
I love EOS! I think they have such great food, for such a great price. I always eat there when I'm in Disney.
As we rounded the corner - we saw the SoG bus still sitting there... So we ran!
Wow! That was close! Glad you and Allison were able to catch the bus..
Breathing heavy - we showed the driver our IDs (SoG buses are a 100% ID check... No military ID + resort ID = no ride) - sat down and laughed at ourselves for conquering the transportation system.
You two deserve a medal!:rotfl::thumbsup2
After - we relaxed in our room, and prepped our clothes/bags for our full MK day tomorrow.
YAY! MK day! :jumping1:

All the SOG info is very interesting! Thanks for sharing!:goodvibes

I wish we could stay at Shades of Green for around $100. Unfortunately, since my husband retired at a higher pay grade, it is almost the same as a deluxe for us. And since we bring our car and there is a parking fee in the garage AND a parking fee at the parks, it becomes more expensive for us!
Although we are talking about staying there for a few days in December...

Can't wait to see more updates!

My boys think the kitchen sink looks like a good idea. Me? I'm pretty sure I'd look just like your "feeling it" photo, lol!!

Love the Boardwalk pics! We're booked there for December - our first time branching out from the Wilderness Lodge.

Looking forward to more :)

You know you can walk from Poly to TTC right? I don't think the walk from Poly bus stop could be any further than walk fro CR bus stop to monorail then down ramp to parking lot. I thought CR bus often shares with Poly bus. It's been 7 years since I've stayed at Poly. When I did the bus would stop at CR first then Poly. I would think staying on that bus would get you to TTC quicker than taking the monorail.

They changed the bus routes so that the CR bus shares with WL and the Poly bus shares with the GF. It has been less than a year since they switched the routes.

I am so impressed you tried the kitchen sink. I probably would have done the smaller one that is sold in the park. The problem is, my kids don't like the same things. Marissa doesn't like whipped cream and won't even go near it if it has any sign of whipped cream. Jacob doesn't like chocolate. He also has issues with sharing food. He will not share a plate or eat anything that the girls might not be able to finish. So probably no kitchen sink in our future.

I am glad you were able to find a transportation style that worked for you.

You did some nice work on the SoG history lesson. I knew that it had been a Disney resort, but wasn't aware it had been 2 different ones.

we used the Contemporary Resort... Hopped the monorail... And then took the SoG bus at the TTC. This meant very little walking for us - and since the SoG bus leaves the TTC every 20 min - we never had to wait more than 20 min for the next bus. ::yes::
Awesome. My problem when I stayed there was it was the 2nd half of my trip when I was doing a conference and we did the parks in the evening--we were in a hurry and I didn't really look too closely at the bus schedule--I didn't realize the bus picked up at TTC, so when we couldn't find it at MK, we jumped on the Poly bus! I did figure it out once we got back to the resort!

Take a long trip to Disney - and either on the front end or the back end of your trip (I haven't decided which would be best), stay a few nights at SoG - try it out.
I recommend doing WDW first (to get magic bands) and SoG second so you can continue to use your MBs!

A brief history of Shade of Green Resort
Nice, thanks! We visited SoG back in 1998 to see it, but back then it was almost impossible to get reservations because they were always booked for a full year in advance (less rooms, no Salute room offers with WDW).

higher pay grade, it is almost the same as a deluxe for us.
Nini--how do you figure? Highest pay grade at regular room rates is $138 a night for a regular room (and it's less when the offer special discounts). Very reasonable and their standard room is a large, very nice room! You might want to take another look! (You could comfortably fit 5 people, because they have 2 beds and a foldout couch).

Thanks for the info D! I can't believe you both attempted the Kitchen Sink, but I loved the photos--I've heard about it a lot, but somehow had never seen photos that it actually looks like a sink!!!

D,

You and Allison did a very good job on the Kitchen sink. I've never been brave enough to order that but it's on my bucket list. We are going to be at WDW for a pre cruise night. Maybe we will try it then since we're not going to the parks. I would highly recommend the Boardwalk. We have stayed there and at Beach Club on our DVC points. The entire family prefers BWV. My hubby loves The ESPN restaurant since we are usually there during March Madness.

I enjoyed your info on the Disney Golf Resort. I actually stayed there when I was a young girl with my parents. The. We stayed at SoG with my parents and our son. It was so neat to go back there. I would love to stay at SoG again. Great rooms at an even greater price. There used to be a coffee cart out my the entrance. They had a coffee drink called a shot in the dark. It's basically coffee with an espresso shot. It was great!

Thanks for writing another great trip report!! Have a great weekend.

The Kitchen Sink!! I want to try that sometime but I think I'll bring a big group with me. My husband and my Dad love ice cream so I'm pretty sure they could help polish it off. I love all of your pictures and so fun that you found the sewing machine! Thanks for the info on navigating transportation at SoG - I'm filing that tidbit away for a future trip!!

The Boardwalk looks beautiful. It looks like a great walk to get over to The Beach Club. The kitchen sink looks amazing. I'm not sure I would have liked not knowing what I was eating either. I love that you said that you needed a map to navigate it.:laughing: I loved the picture of Allison with a spoonful. It sounds like you had an eventful afternoon catching buses! Great work catching that SoG bus!

You only live once right?

Were you not able to tell them to just leave them off?

I can see that. Especially if you have been careful to restrict your diet more regularly at home. When I have done something like that its almost as if I can hear my body actually screaming at me "OMG! WHAT DID YOU JUST DO TO ME?!?!?!?!"

Hey not bad!!!

Oooo! Lovely!

THat really must make planning on the fly easier. Instead of the roulette wheel that Disney Transport can be.

Wow that's cutting it close!

Wow, thorough. Though I guess I can see why.

Well done!

I guess I could have told them to leave them off - but their description on the menu is pretty uninformative... It says ice cream and whipped cream - but really nothing about any of the other toppings... Next time- if there ever is a next time - I will be having them leave a lot of the stuff off. LOL

Yes - my body has been revolting. LOL Quite a shock actually.

It does make planning easier - at least you know if you have to rush, or if you can take your time. It's kind of nice actually... I thought it would be something that I wouldn't enjoy - but as it turns out, I liked it so much better.

Hehehe - we were very close... But with tummies still full from our kitchen sink - The running was even more of an accomplishment. LOL

Thank you!

That is brilliant! It is a lot easier to plan when you know the bus departure times. It would be nice to have the Disney buses run on schedule.

The Boardwalk has an annoying layout. We stayed there once and it was really hard to find our way around.

We love the Epcot resort area and tend to stay at the Beach Club or Yacht Club rather than the Boardwalk, but any of the three resorts are great options. It is just so nice to be able to walk to Epcot or DHS. Less buses equals more enjoyment for us.

That dessert is huge! It's funny that you influenced so many tables to order the same thing.

It was really nice. When I was first researching the bus schedules - I thought it would be a pain. Most mornings - we tried to take the first park bus to the parks, so at least we knew the pick up location. As it turns out - even though the pick up location isn't at all where the DIsney buses pick up - it's often closer - which I was impressed with.

I agree - we were quite lost there.

It was beautiful... Possibly a little "stuffy" for me, but beautiful just the same.

It was beyond HUGE - LOL... And so embarassing when we ordered it. The ONLY table to have one and a table of 2, to boot. LOL I am sure they all saw ours and thought "if they can do it, we can do it..." But - we didn't do it at all - we definitely would have done better with about 2 more people to help us... We should have made Monica park her car and come with. :scratchin

The Boardwalk is a great resort! We've never stayed there though because our hearts are at the BC. We love Beaches and Cream and eat there almost every trip. We've never tried the Kitchen Sink; our go-to is the No Way Jose.

Good job at figuring out Disney transportation!

It was so beautiful - for sure. While we were there, there was a bride having her pictures done... Now that would be the place to have Allison's wedding - more her style. :scratchin

Everything looked delicious.... We debated on a lot of different menu items, even the smaller Kitchen Sink... But in the end - we decided to go big or go home... and if we didn't do it - we'd always wonder if we could have. :scratchin Besides - the smaller kitchen sink is only $6 less, and it came with that ugly plastic souvenir sink - which neither of us wanted. LOL

Thanks - it was crazy - but once we got that - we used it often and it worked out well for us.

I've stayed at BWI/BWV 8 times and never noticed that sewing machine. The details at WDW really are amazing.

It was really cool to see it.

Well - actually - it's a lot further, IMO... Riding the monorail, walking down the ramp and around the corner is way closer than trying to walk from the poly - passing the monorail station then getting to the buses. If the buses picked up in front of the monorail station (kind of on the way to the parking lot), it might be different... but they actually pick up directly on the side of the monorail station. Make sense? Our goal here though, wasn't to get there the fastest (well, it was at this particular time) - but to eliminate as many steps as possible... Later in the trip - due to the cold - it was to eliminate as much time outdoors as possible. LOL And if we wouldn't have hopped that CR bus - the Lord only knows how long we would have had to wait for a Poly bus to come? :scratchin

Again - Photoshop to explain... Granted the Poly bus pick up isn't on this map - I think it's a bit further over than what's shown? In blue is the approximate walk from the monorail station to the SoG bus pick up. In green is the approximate walk (the way the crow flies, not following the paths you'd actually have to take) from the Poly bus drop off to the SoG bus pick up at the TTC.... It's much shorter to take the monorail from CR - IMO. Unless I am totally wrong here?

IMG_0582aa.jpg

I can't believe you had the Kitchen Sink. No wonder you got sick eating that much.
YAY for making it to the SoG bus at the end of the day.

Hahaha - me neither... But that is what we went for. We seriously debated it, no doubt. LOL

I still can't believe we did that. The driver was so impressed with our skills. ::yes::

Your Boardwalk pics.
Early morning with coffee or late at lights with the lights turned on. That place is magic I tell you!

I bet it is! I would love to see it at night - I bet it's magical.

I love that you and Allison spent the day resort hopping - so much fun!!! The bW really is nice and unique. Honestly, the whole EPCOT resort area is great, since you are so close to so many things.

No way!!! That is great. I've always wanted to do the kitchen sink...maybe since I'm staying at the BCV this summer I will finally get the chance.:

I still call it DTD, I don't think I'll ever fully get used to the new name as well...:

I love EOS! I think they have such great food, for such a great price. I always eat there when I'm in Disney.

You two deserve a medal

YAY! MK day!

All the SOG info is very interesting! Thanks for sharing!s

It was so much fun and great to explore some of the resorts we had never seen before... I counted that night and we set foot in the resorts ~ um ~ need to refigure it again... SoG, Poly, CR, WL, CR, GF, Poly, BW, BC, CR, SoG... 11 times... CR was 3 LOL... It was cool - wish we could have done more.

You should try... I guarantee that you'll never look at ice cream/whipped cream the same way again. I still get a little ill thinking about it. LOL

Love EoS... It's been a few years since we've had it, and it was delicious.

Hahaha - thanks!

I love SoG! It's been fun to do some research. I do have to say - from the pictures I've seen, it's soooo much nicer and elaborate with the changes that the DoD has made to it, vs. what it looked like when Disney had it - which is kind of surprising. Some of my favorite features of the resort were added long after Disney was out of the picture.

I wish we could stay at Shades of Green for around $100. Unfortunately, since my husband retired at a higher pay grade, it is almost the same as a deluxe for us. And since we bring our car and there is a parking fee in the garage AND a parking fee at the parks, it becomes more expensive for us!
Although we are talking about staying there for a few days in December...

Can't wait to see more updates!

Well, I know you get some sort of discount with Disney right? The part that makes SoG so inexpensive for me - is not only are their rates cheaper/tax free, but they very often run specials - you can see them on their main page... Most times it's 30%-40% off of their regular rates... So, even though I am now category 1 (used to be category 2 - they changed categories recently) - Unless Disney were to offer something incredibly great... Even figuring in the cost of a town car - I can't beat it.

So, I would look at their specials for December - when they release them - you might be surprised?

My boys think the kitchen sink looks like a good idea. Me? I'm pretty sure I'd look just like your "feeling it" photo, lol!!

Love the Boardwalk pics! We're booked there for December - our first time branching out from the Wilderness Lodge.

Looking forward to more

Hahahaha... It was a tremendous undertaking - for sure. In the end, am I glad we did it? Sure- just so we can say we tried.... Will I do it again? Probably not... Caveat - if V wants to try for her grad trip - I may have to succumb, but regrettably. LOL Besides that - I really never want to see ice cream/whipped cream together again - just seeing those photos are enough to make me ill all over. Separate, they are fine - but together... Eeew... LOL

Exciting!!! It looks like such a fun resort!

Looking forward to sharing. ::yes::

They changed the bus routes so that the CR bus shares with WL and the Poly bus shares with the GF. It has been less than a year since they switched the routes.

That's what I thought the driver told us. :scratchin

I am so impressed you tried the kitchen sink. I probably would have done the smaller one that is sold in the park. The problem is, my kids don't like the same things. Marissa doesn't like whipped cream and won't even go near it if it has any sign of whipped cream. Jacob doesn't like chocolate. He also has issues with sharing food. He will not share a plate or eat anything that the girls might not be able to finish. So probably no kitchen sink in our future.

I am glad you were able to find a transportation style that worked for you.

You did some nice work on the SoG history lesson. I knew that it had been a Disney resort, but wasn't aware it had been 2 different ones.

Hahahaha... Well, we just wanted to be able to say we did it. LOL Not very well - I might add - but we tried. If I never see ice cream paired with whipping cream again - I'll be happy. I still get a little sick looking at/thinking about those pictures. LOL

It worked pretty well... I am glad we figured it out. It will be that much easier for V's trip in October.

Thanks - it's been fun researching... The surprising part to me, is that some of the features that I love most about the resort were actually added by the DoD and not originally DIsney. The Golf Resort/Disney Inn was a rather unimpressive structure - possibly one reason it didn't do well? :scratchin Aside from the fact that it was off the monorail line, at a time before any of their other bus line resorts didn't exist yet.

Awesome. My problem when I stayed there was it was the 2nd half of my trip when I was doing a conference and we did the parks in the evening--we were in a hurry and I didn't really look too closely at the bus schedule--I didn't realize the bus picked up at TTC, so when we couldn't find it at MK, we jumped on the Poly bus! I did figure it out once we got back to the resort!

I recommend doing WDW first (to get magic bands) and SoG second so you can continue to use your MBs!

Nice, thanks! We visited SoG back in 1998 to see it, but back then it was almost impossible to get reservations because they were always booked for a full year in advance (less rooms, no Salute room offers with WDW).

Nini--how do you figure? Highest pay grade at regular room rates is $138 a night for a regular room (and it's less when the offer special discounts). Very reasonable and their standard room is a large, very nice room! You might want to take another look! (You could comfortably fit 5 people, because they have 2 beds and a foldout couch).

Thanks for the info D! I can't believe you both attempted the Kitchen Sink, but I loved the photos--I've heard about it a lot, but somehow had never seen photos that it actually looks like a sink!!!

See, and I had the same issue the last time we stayed there in 2008 (which admittedly, was a big reason I've been hesitant to stay there again for so many years - that and the restaurant issue)... I didn't want to have to do that walk all the time from the Poly - that got hard after a few days of park walking on top of it. Now - it's sooo nice to walk out of the MK - grab the express monorail (quicker and less walking, as you don't have to go around the little piece of fencing at the exit of MK to get to the resort monorail loop) - hop off at the TTC and down the ramp - propelling you to the TTC... The actual walking - from MK exit to our room was (I am guessing) less than .25 of a mile. After doing the walk from Poly to SoG - that .25 mile is a blessing. LOL Next time - I'll make note of the steps just for the fun of it. LOL

Oh yes - good thinking. LOL I didn't even think of the MB issue... Speaking of which - I need to locate V's MB for our Oct trip... :scratchin

I am so thankful that SoG did the expansion... Otherwise - you are right - I don't know that we'd ever get to stay there. And besides - from pictures, it looks so much nicer now.

I think Nini is referring to when she gets discounts from Disney? Not sure though?

Yah - that kitchen sink is - eeew... Just the thought of ice cream paired with whipping cream now makes me ill... Separate - they are fine, but together.... I don't think I will ever be able to again. LOL

D,

You and Allison did a very good job on the Kitchen sink. I've never been brave enough to order that but it's on my bucket list. We are going to be at WDW for a pre cruise night. Maybe we will try it then since we're not going to the parks. I would highly recommend the Boardwalk. We have stayed there and at Beach Club on our DVC points. The entire family prefers BWV. My hubby loves The ESPN restaurant since we are usually there during March Madness.

I enjoyed your info on the Disney Golf Resort. I actually stayed there when I was a young girl with my parents. The. We stayed at SoG with my parents and our son. It was so neat to go back there. I would love to stay at SoG again. Great rooms at an even greater price. There used to be a coffee cart out my the entrance. They had a coffee drink called a shot in the dark. It's basically coffee with an espresso shot. It was great!

Thanks for writing another great trip report!! Have a great weekend.

Hahaha - you should try.... I hope you have more than 2 people though. LOL

I hope - one day - to stay there.

That's cool!!! Do you have any pictures???? I've been searching the internet like crazy - but they are just so few. Disney never really promoted the resort - so the only ones that exist are the ones of guests actually staying there. I'd love to know what the rooms looked like back then. ::yes::

I love that SoG has the only resort Starbucks on property - it was an awesome little benefit that I enjoyed immensely. :D

I am glad you are enjoying it - I love sharing our trips here! :lovestruc

I just love your trip reports! They reflect such special trips over and over again!!!

Thanks!!! I just love sharing them, and I love even more that people love to hear about them. It adds another dimension to our trips - for sure! :lovestruc

*******************************************************************************************

I am going to try for a couple of updates today - but no guarantees. I hope you all have a nice weekend. :lovestruc

D~

You guys snuck in here... LOL

The Kitchen Sink!! I want to try that sometime but I think I'll bring a big group with me. My husband and my Dad love ice cream so I'm pretty sure they could help polish it off. I love all of your pictures and so fun that you found the sewing machine! Thanks for the info on navigating transportation at SoG - I'm filing that tidbit away for a future trip!!

Yes - I'd recommend a bigger group than 2. LOL If I never see ice cream paired with whipped cream again - I'll be happy. LOL Just the thought of it still makes me sick.

I'd give it a try... The next time we go - I will actually record the steps - just guessing - I think it's less than .25 mile walking from the MK exit to our room at SoG. It was so nice!

The Boardwalk looks beautiful. It looks like a great walk to get over to The Beach Club. The kitchen sink looks amazing. I'm not sure I would have liked not knowing what I was eating either. I love that you said that you needed a map to navigate it. I loved the picture of Allison with a spoonful. It sounds like you had an eventful afternoon catching buses! Great work catching that SoG bus!

It was a beautiful walk, for sure.

Yah - that part was hard. Not that I don't like any ice cream flavors, but some of them didn't go well with some of the toppings - IMO.... So it would have been nice to know what was all under that whipped cream.

Thanks - I am just glad we figured out the transportation early in our trip... Later in the trip - it was still about taking as little steps as possible - but it also became about getting warm as quickly as possible/not being outside. LOL

D~

Your trip looks amazing so far! I cannot wait to read more. I have been thinking about planning our next trip with my parents at the SoG. I thought about it last time but decided against it. Though after reading your trip report I think it sounds perfect!

Day 4 Part 1

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - Magic Kingdom

I was up at 4:45 with my alarm - I could have slept much longer.

I did my morning ritual of Coffee/FB/Dis.

I woke Allison at 5:35am.

Weather forecast was a high of 57° today... Yikes!

We were out the door at 7:15, stopping at the Java Cafe for our Americano/Frapp.

We took the Shady Shuttle to the end of SoG property with the intention of taking the monorail to MK... It was at the monorail station we discovered that the monorail doesn't begin running until 8:30. Seriously? I am sorry - but that is super inconvenient.

We waited FOREVER for a Magic Kingdom bus to come - seriously - several Epcot/TTC/DHS/AK buses came and went several times before a MK bus even showed up. Which - IMO is beyond ridiculous - especially when the monorail doesn't begin running until 8:30. Disney really needs to figure out their transportation issues - I realize it must be a logistical nightmare, but I just can't seem to understand why they can't get it right?

We arrived at MK at 8am on the dot... Getting through the gates at 8:05 for our 8:10 PPO breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace - still one of our favorites.

20160119_080309.jpg

20160119_080313.jpg

We took our customary Photopass pictures in an empty park - usually the Photopass photographers are lined up all down Main Street, this morning - we had to walk clear to the hub to get to our first one. But we did get some fun photos - even with the dumb crane in the background. Sigh

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7588319571_1.jpg

wdw2016019388260237_7583047954_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7591037191.jpg

We checked in for our ADR, and waited only a few mintues in the cold for them to call our name.

20160119_081538.jpg

20160119_081549.jpg

We had breakfast at CP - it was fabulous! Food was fantastic... Puffed french toast - YUM!

20160119_082909.jpg

20160119_085150.jpg

Characters were great!

20160119_081950.jpg

20160119_082333.jpg

20160119_083721.jpg

20160119_083725.jpg

20160119_084142.jpg

Bellies full - we went straight out of CP to First Aid - since it's right there. Allison has been having issues with her finger... OK - a bit of a gross description - if you want to skip the rest of this paragraph, I won't be offended. :) Her finger nail was still attached at the cuticle, and she kept bumping it... Each time she bumped it - it would bleed profusely, then semi-reattatch itself. I was starting to worry about infection, and we had forgotten to bandage it up this morning. So, we stopped into first aid to grab a few supplies on the go, and bandage her up for the day. It was at this point, the nurse in FA suggested that we clip the nail off as far up as we could. And it was also at this time, I decided it was time to call the clinic back home to get their recommendation... However - due to the time of day, they weren't quite open yet. So we bandaged her up and proceeded to go about our day as planned - I committed to calling her Dr. at some point this morning.

As we came out of First Aid - I grabbed another guest to take this photo... This guest was VERY unhappy that I asked her to do this, but she reluctantly did it anyways. It was important that I have this picture - in this spot - because I have a "Then & Now" picture in this location with the girls from almost every trip.

20160119_090947.jpg

Our first ride of the morning was PoTC...

20160119_091633.jpg

20160119_092202.jpg

I noted in my journal that it was FREEZING - and I needed the mittens that I'd brought with.

From here - we went to Splash Mountain - our favorite... We had FPs here for later, but Stand By was only 10 min...

20160119_093129.jpg

20160119_093451_HDR.jpg

20160119_093502.jpg

20160119_093507.jpg

20160119_093603.jpg

20160119_093815.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7591292302.jpg

Sadly - this was our only ride on SM this entire trip... We even let our FPs for later in the morning expire - it was just too cold to ride!

From here - we went to BTMRR... Posted wait time was 20 min, again we had FPs for later in the morning, but we were running incredibly early (this is a trend this trip), and didn't feel like waiting around in this area.

The stand-by wait time for BTMRR was actually 45 minutes! We were not happy - it was a freezing wait, because the windows in the queue don't actually close - and since the building it up high - the wind blows right through. It was a miserably long wait.

20160119_095703.jpg

We almost froze to death here... Yup - as a born n' raised MN girl, I am VERY disappointed with my inability to handle the Florida "cold"...

Link to Day 4 Part 2

D~​

Last edited:
Day 4 Part 2

Still super cold, I coaxed Allison to wait in a few character lines with me - I love meeting characters, and Allison is a little "too old" for that. Reluctantly - she agreed...

First up was Woody and Jesse... The line to meet them was quite long - but it ended up only being about 10 minutes.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583166564.jpg

From there - we lined up to meet Chip & Dale... The boys did NOT like my Donald gear - proceeded to strip it off of me, give it to the Photopass photographer, and not let me put it back on for the picture... For that matter - they barely let me take it back after our Meet n' Greet was done. LOL I do love C&D so much - and I really need to make myself some permanent C&D gear for future trips.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583176750.jpg

Allison and Chip laughing as Dale was relieving me of my Donald Gear...

wdw2016019388350287_7583174388_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

We decided that Haunted Mansion was a WARM indoor ride and we really wanted to be warm... No pictures of that though - my phone isn't the best about dark ride photos - so you are better off imagining anyways. ::yes::

Another warm activity was desired... So we did another favorite - Mickey's Philharmagic... Why people insist on making you climb over them in this theatre is beyond me... There really is no bad view. :whatever:

20160119_120144.jpg

20160119_120151.jpg

Yup - if you haven't guessed yet... We were still cold. What's better than waiting in a LONG indoor character meet n' greet line? :scratchin We had some great character interaction this day...

On our way - we stopped in front of Voyage of The Little Mermaid for some great Photopass pictures - these are some of my favorite from the trip, the lighting at this time of day is just great here.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583239231.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583239233.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_75832392401.jpg

First up - Goofy... I do love him! We noticed that he had a Mickey sticker stuck to his ear... He kept trying to give it to us. LOL

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583244815.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583244817.jpg

Then - one of my best Meet n' Greets with Donald... Donald is always hit or miss for me - mostly miss, especially when I am wearing my Donald gear... Believe it or not - I try to avoid him when I am dressed like this, because usually my M&G are awful - this is a rare exception. And then - to get the Photopass photographer to actually capture it is a feat unto itself too... I was very lucky this day!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583246821.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583246823.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583247618.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583246836.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583246828.jpg

The whole time going through this line - I was texting with Monica - she was in MK too, so she was planning to meet us here. The line to meet Daisy and Minnie was quite long... Perfect!!!! More time to be warm. LOL

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583267697.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583269191.jpg

When we were done here, Monica was waiting for us in the exit area... Allison was thirsty, so we decided to find a table in Belle's/Gaston's area and grab a Lafrous's brew... We found a table in the sun - so we stayed semi-warm while we chatted with Monica for a good long while.

We stopped for a GREAT Photopass picture together - again - one of my favorites from this trip, and I am so glad Monica is in it with us too! Side note... I really need to work on my "surprised" face - it's a total fail every time. LOL

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583277113.jpg

We parted ways with Monica for the day, at this point...

Link to Day 4 Part 3

D~​

Last edited:
We saw empty car after empty car come down the flume for Splash - we didn't ride it at all this trip and only rode it once in December. Its one of our favorites too.

I had always thought I wanted to stay at the CR, but honestly its not high on my bucket list anymore. We may do Bay Lake at some point, just because I want to stay at all the DVC resorts, but it won't be anytime soon.

That said, we extended our September trip (actually started 2 days earlier) so we could stay at the WL for 2 nights. I'm looking forward to that.

At BWI - if you come down the main outside staircase on the Lake side, take the passageway off to the left and it takes you right to the pool. You probably walked right past it without realizing it.

I think everyone needs to try the kitchen sink once. There were 4 of us and we couldn't finish it either. Somewhere I read an ingredient list and saw that it had peanut butter sauce on it which I really do not care for, so we requested they leave it off and they did, no problem.

I think you are right about eating all that rich food that we haven't been eating lately being the root cause of the stomach issues. Haven't had a problem since I've been home and back to my normal eating patterns.

I guess I didn't know exactly where the bus stop was at TTC. If you were trying to minimize time outside I agree monorail is way to go but you don't show walk from CR bus stop to monorail and if you walk through Poly a bit more there's a shorter path. You'll just have to take me with you to SOG so I can show you.:D

I love pre opening breakfast at CP. Yum!

How frustrating when you get up early and then are delayed by the monorail. I've had that happen more than once. I think the monorail didn't start til 8:30 due to much need maintenance but they really need to have good bus service.

Did you stay dry on Splash?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter