Served with Flair, My Culinary Cabaret (Solo May 2016 DR), updated 11/12, Earl of Sandwich

We have a lunch here for our August trip and I can't wait! Like you, I'm mostly excited to see the restaurant itself because Beauty and the Beast is one of my very favorites. The sandwich you got is one of my choices, and also like you, I don't care much for horseradish and was thinking of asking for it on the side. Did you find that the sandwich was dry without anything added to it?

I'm fashionably late, but here now. Major props for starting with V&A!!!! We've yet to try it but on my must do list for one of these days.

What a way to start your trip! I really want to try Victoria and Albert's one day, but I'm so fussy I don't know if they'd be able to create a menu I'd eat... I love the dress you wore to dinner that night! So cute!

Isn't Be Our Guest awesome?! On our last trip we ate there for supper one night, and then breakfast and lunch on our next Magic Kingdom day, and we sat in a different room each time. I loved all of our meals so much! I really wanted to try that sandwich you had, but I'm also not a fan of horseradish and didn't know I could order it without...I'll keep that in mind for next time!

Is that the $5 souvenir cup that you can order? I wish they would show pictures of those so we know what it is we would be paying for!

Enjoying your reviews (and your TR!). I have to say, V & A looks great, but I just don't see myself going there. It may be the dress up factor (I HATE to dress up). Last year we did BOG lunch, and I was not impressed. But it was a late lunch, we were hot and tired, and my sandwich did not look as good as yours, so it may have just been a bad day. We did eat here for dinner this a few weeks ago, and it was a totally different story! Awesome food and great service! And I got to meet the Beast! I can't wait to read more!

All of that food looks (and sounds) delicious! Excellent menu choices, and what an awesome way to start the trip!
And you look so beautiful!

Somehow in the midst of replies, I didn't see your until now. Welcome and thank you! So happy to have you here.

I'm excited to read your reviews as you ate at some of the places we have booked next trip.

Welcome to my food party! I hope you'll find the reviews helpful.

Really, when I win the lottery, I think I will get murals painted on my ceilings and mosaic tile work on the walls!

I like the way you think!

We have a lunch here for our August trip and I can't wait! Like you, I'm mostly excited to see the restaurant itself because Beauty and the Beast is one of my very favorites. The sandwich you got is one of my choices, and also like you, I don't care much for horseradish and was thinking of asking for it on the side. Did you find that the sandwich was dry without anything added to it?

I did add a little bit of the ketchup to the sandwich because I was afraid it would be too dry, but it wasn't. To me anyhow. I rather enjoyed it. I did read another review that it was rather dry without the sour cream though.

I'm fashionably late, but here now. Major props for starting with V&A!!!! We've yet to try it but on my must do list for one of these days.

Kari! Welcome! So excited to have one of my favorite reviewers here!
And you're not late at all.
Not knowing if/when I'd be back to the World (obviously at this point it's a question of when) I just HAD to get a V&A reservation. There was no way I was willing to pass it up. I am so happy they had a place available right at the start of my trip.

What a way to start your trip! I really want to try Victoria and Albert's one day, but I'm so fussy I don't know if they'd be able to create a menu I'd eat... I love the dress you wore to dinner that night! So cute!

Welcome and thanks! It was certainly a special way to start off.
And if you really want to try it out, you could always call and see if they would be able to accommodate your tastes.

I really wanted to try that sandwich you had, but I'm also not a fan of horseradish and didn't know I could order it without...I'll keep that in mind for next time!

When you preorder there is a box you can uncheck if you don't want the horseradish sauce. I did add a little ketchup to it and it was just fine. Some might find it too dry like that though.

Is that the $5 souvenir cup that you can order? I wish they would show pictures of those so we know what it is we would be paying for!

Yes, that is the 'Be Our Guest' cup on the menu. I also tried to look for pictures online before ordering, but without success. You're right, it would be helpful if pictures were provided.

Last year we did BOG lunch, and I was not impressed. But it was a late lunch, we were hot and tired, and my sandwich did not look as good as yours, so it may have just been a bad day.

Hello and welcome!
I totally understand hot and tired interfering with food enjoyment. The heat totally messed up some of my Flower and Garden outdoor kitchen plans.

I'm glad you enjoyed your BOG lunch :) It's one of our favorite restaurants for dinner, in fact when I was planning ADR's for our trip this Nov. and told everyone I wasn't going to do BOG, nobody including myself was too happy lol. We've done lunch once and dinner multiple times and prefer dinner but I know many love lunch. Whatever the meal, just eating inside the castle is pretty darn cool!

Glad you enjoyed BOG lunch. I had a lunch ressie last trip but cancelled because I was so disappointed in my dinner there.

Be Our Guest is my favorite Disney restaurant! We generally go for dinner and get seated in the ballroom, but I always say that if we had to sit somewhere else, it would be the music box room.

That sandwich looks good - I'm glad you enjoyed. Some places tend to mess up the bread to meat ratio, so I'm definitely glad to hear that the ratio was just right.
And that cupcake ... everyone I've spoken to who has had it enjoys it, and I'm glad you did too!

And it’s a good thing I pre-ordered because there were a lot of people on line.
I love that too! The one time I did lunch there, when I arrived and saw the line for ordering and walked right on past it... I WAS SO HAPPY THAT I'M A PRE-PLANNER!

I originally intended to sit in the main dining room because it is so grand and pretty but it was crowded and very noisy
It is VERY loud in there, but it's just so pretty... I am very partial to it! I am taking a BOG break for a little while (since I went on my last THREE trips), but I think next time, whenever that is, I'm going to force myself to sit in one of the other two rooms!

I love me a good meat sandwich and this certainly did not disappoint! I found the bread to meat ratio was just right. Mm,mm,mm, finger lickin’ good. The french fries were hot and crispy.
I am so glad to hear this! When I went for lunch I got the Braised Pork (which was DELICIOUS) mainly because I was leery of the sandwiches, which look very bready to me in photos. Glad to know that it's actually a good balance!

The cupcake was moist and chocolaty and the frosting was not too sweet. They balanced each other well.
Mmmm... The Grey Stuff... :cloud9:

Great dining report. I'm following your trip report, too. Looks like you had a fabulous time!
And, my, what a posh way to begin your trip! I love ir

Planning an update tomorrow so stay tuned...

I am so glad to hear this! When I went for lunch I got the Braised Pork (which was DELICIOUS) mainly because I was leery of the sandwiches, which look very bready to me in photos. Glad to know that it's actually a good balance!

As a meat lover, the Braised Pork looks and sounds oh so good and I probably would have ordered that had it not been pork. That's ok though, I had a most delectable meat dish later on in my trip.

Great dining report. I'm following your trip report, too. Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Hello and :welcome:! Glad you're enjoying my ramblings

Following along. I loved your review of V&A. I went years ago, maybe 1994 and can't even remember anything about it.

Hello and :welcome:. V&A was the best way to start off my trip! Wish I would have taken more general pictures though instead of mostly food.

Love your reviews so far. We tried BOG for lunch and didn't really care for it. We liked dinner better, but you're making me reconsider giving lunch another try.

1900 Park Fare

First character meal (out of 5)!

I booked this solely because of Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters who I read nothing but great things about their interactions. Not to mention the Prince who you can’t meet anywhere else.

Reservation was for 6:30pm. Before stepping into the restaurant, I got my photo taken in front of a pastoral painting of the castle:

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PARKFARE1ICON_20160509_7683079228 (533x800).jpg

I was led to my table and put in my drink order for some pink lemonade. Then went eagerly to peruse the buffet. I had worked up a good appetite by this point.

1900-park-fare-00 (629x354).jpg

Photo from Disney's website. This is from the interior towards the entrance. I love the décor. So whimsical and fun!
I was seated on the left to the other side of the closest horse in the picture.

This post will focus on the food. the one immediately after will focus on the character interactions.

I didn’t take a picture of the buffet. Actually I didn’t take pictures of any of the buffets. My impression was that there was a good variety of items to choose from. I tried to go for as balanced a plate as possible without overdoing it.

First plate (savory):

IMG_4566 (800x600).jpg

From top clockwise-
Pear salad, Beef tenderloin with some pesto sauce on top, Mac and cheese, String beans, Mongolian beef stir fry, another salad.

Pear salad: Mixed greens, pear, dried cranberries, croutons. Lightly dressed. Fresh and delicious.

Other salad: This was a salad with barley (I think?) or some other grain, tomato, cucumber, feta. This also tasted fresh and delicious. I seem to recall a slight creaminess in the texture.

Mongolian beef stir fry: Beef with a slightly sweet/tangyish sauce and sesame seeds. Beef was tender and I loved the sauce. This was really really good.

Beef Tenderloin (from carving station): You can choose medium or well. I chose well and agreed to a piece from the end. Which turned out to be the wrong decision as I found it to be very dry. Even with the green sauce I put on top. I did not finish this and was too lazy to go back for another piece.

Mac and cheese: Because who can resist this classic? This was so good and perfectly creamy. A most excellent choice.

String beans: Hot veggie served with onions and green legumes. It was good. Basically what you see is what you get.

2nd plate:

IMG_4567 (800x600).jpg

The Legendary Strawberry Soup. Read so much hype about this so of course I had to try it. I still think the concept of this is rather funny. Like a strawberry yogurt just more liquidy and a lot more pink. I enjoyed it. Then again I love strawberries. Where I live they appear mostly during the winter months.

On to dessert (my favorite :D):

IMG_4568 (800x600).jpg
From top clockwise-

Apple cobbler with vanilla sauce. This is fantastic! So so so so GOOD! YUM!

Mini cheesecake

Mini key lime pie. My first time. I love lemon pie though so I figured I would like this too. Did not disappoint.

Fruit tart

All the desserts were really delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. Then again I do LOVE my sweets!

Up next: character interactions

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter