Served with Flair, My Culinary Cabaret (Solo May 2016 DR), updated 11/12, Earl of Sandwich

First, Cape May looks amazing!!!!!! I think this may be the first review I've ever seen of breakfast and hello there is a crepe station!!!!!!! And love the characters in their beach gear. Totally gonna get the family here next time.

Your pasta at AoA looks great (sans the mushrooms of course) :-)

Oops, falling behind! First let me say, eggs with goat cheese = heaven! I tried them for the first time in Jan. at Boma and OMG, fell in love. I had no idea they were at Cape May, plus the characters beach costumes are adorable. We're doing dinner there in Nov. but I never considered breakfast, mainly because we're mostly done with character meals, stick to one per trip and have GG booked at Chris' request. But CM breakfast would be so convenient since we're at Beach Club, and the eggs, the crepes :scratchin

We stayed at AOA a couple years ago and thought their food court was great!

I really love that they have the make-your-own pasta at AoA (and a few other places). I've never done it, but it really seems like the perfect option for when you want something a little more customized. Your pasta looks great!!

I settled on the Create your own Pasta and chose the multigrain pasta with alfredo sauce, spinach, mushrooms, onions, and a very generous helping of shredded cheese. I wanted to keep it on the light side so decided against adding a protein.

img_6049-800x600-jpg.196694

I enjoyed it very much. What’s not to love about pasta with your choice of sauce and veggies???? Ultimately I needed something to eat and this satisfied me.
YUM YUM YUM! I got the pasta when I stayed there in December, and it was SO DELICIOUS. I wish I was eating it right now!

I approached a QS counter in England for an ice water and couldn’t help but get an order of fish and chips as well.
This was probably Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the UK pavilion. I got the fish & chips there in April 2015, and I thought they were super yummy!

And in France I had to get some ice cream from L’Artisan. I had been looking forward to the brioche ice cream sandwich (Croque Glace) for months but ultimately decided on a standard scoop since I didn’t feel I could eat more than that.

Presenting Cinnamon with Caramelized Pecan ice cream:

img_5937-800x600-jpg.196693
Maaaaaan. This looks so good! This is one that is on my bucket list every trip, but then always gets skipped for some reason! Hopefully I'll correct that this year, if I still have tummy space after all the F&W noms that I'm planning.

Planning another update hopefully this Saturday.

First, Cape May looks amazing!!!!!! I think this may be the first review I've ever seen of breakfast and hello there is a crepe station!!!!!!! And love the characters in their beach gear. Totally gonna get the family here next time.

Breakfast there was definitely A++++. And when you have characters in adorable beach gear all the more reason to go. Can't wait to hear what you think of it when the time comes

I also have enjoyed the make your own pasta several times - I've enjoyed it as well. And, even if it's not stellar, that just helps you appreciate some of the more amazing treats.

Sometimes you just need some simple comfort food and what better than customized pasta?

Oops, falling behind! First let me say, eggs with goat cheese = heaven! I tried them for the first time in Jan. at Boma and OMG, fell in love. I had no idea they were at Cape May, plus the characters beach costumes are adorable. We're doing dinner there in Nov. but I never considered breakfast, mainly because we're mostly done with character meals, stick to one per trip and have GG booked at Chris' request. But CM breakfast would be so convenient since we're at Beach Club, and the eggs, the crepes :scratchin

Breakfast there was great even if the characters weren't there (although it totally helped for me that they were and with super adorable costumes to boot!). And since you're staying at BC anyway...

I really love that they have the make-your-own pasta at AoA (and a few other places). I've never done it, but it really seems like the perfect option for when you want something a little more customized. Your pasta looks great!!

I really was in the need of simple comfort food at the time and this certainly fir the bill

YUM YUM YUM! I got the pasta when I stayed there in December, and it was SO DELICIOUS. I wish I was eating it right now!

You'll be there soon enough eating ALL THE THINGS and I'll be super super jealous when I read your DR

Crystal Palace

This was also a PPO scheduled at 8:30. No success getting an earlier reservation. I was at the park before 8 and I suppose I could have tried to check in earlier but just couldn’t help myself wandering and photographing a near empty park including the Castle from a bunch of different angles.

Let’s start by just how incredibly gorgeous this place is. It really does look/feel like a crystal palace! And I loved the Pooh and friends theming/decoration here.
Of course I needed to get some photos before getting my food:

IMG_6137 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6139 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6140 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6141 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6142 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6143 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6144 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6145 (600x800).jpg

IMG_6146 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6159 (800x600).jpg

Continued next post

Last edited:

On to the food. First I did the obligatory (for balance purposes) savory plate but I guess I wasn’t feeling any of the options because this is the plate I ended up with:

IMG_6147 (800x600).jpg
Here we have 2 biscuits, cream cheese, a hard boiled egg, some grits, and some sort of potato casserole. Of course there was all the standard breakfast fare available, this is just what I ended up choosing.

It was all ok but I will say that I was disappointed that the egg was cold (not that that stopped me eating it of course).

But I wasn’t here for savory. I was here for the sweets. I admit I panicked inside a little when I couldn’t find the breakfast lasagna and the puffed french toast. But after a moment I did and all was well with the world again as I let out a sigh of relief.

IMG_6152 (800x600).jpg
Here we have some strawberries and pineapple, breakfast lasagna, a mickey waffle and puffed french toast doused with a generous helping of strawberry sauce.

Doesn’t this plate look so much happier and livelier than the last one? And delicious too. That breakfast lasagna especially which is really essentially a cake with layers of strawberry and banana. YUM YUM YUM!!!!! By the way I’ve since looked up that recipe and my goodness, way too many steps. I’ll just have to savor the memory.

Time for characters! Before I share pictures I have to commend the attendants overlooking the character movements. They were very attentive and were the ones responsible for these photos. I didn’t have to ask fellow diners to take my character photos. This would be a plus for any solos who are uncomfortable asking other diners, although I will say that in my experiences people are more than happy to help out and also characters would often help out and be the ones to ask/gesture others.

Now for the photos:

IMG_6149 (600x800).jpg

IMG_6150 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6151 (600x800).jpg

IMG_6154 (600x800).jpg

IMG_6157 (600x800).jpg

IMG_6158 (800x600).jpg

Also what was very cute here was when the children were requested to parade around the restaurant with Pooh and friends:

IMG_6156 (800x600).jpg

Overall a very positive experience and I would not hesitate having breakfast here again.

We've done CP dinner but never breakfast, and I LOVE breakfast! We have GG for next month and possibly Capt. Grille so I think CP will have to wait until next trip, but at some point I'm going to have to have that breakfast lasagna lol.
And I do agree with you, the restaurant is gorgeous.

Mmm, yum! Your Yak & Yeti, Boma, and Crystal Palace meals all look DIVINE! And this was especially fun for me to read since next week I'm having lunch at Y&Y, dinner at Boma, and breakfast at CP! Your reports got my tummy all kinds of ready!

@Saphire5742, I would like. To personally thank you profusely for your review of Victoria and Alberts. The detailed information and photos helped DH and I decide that on our next trip, this will be our "splurge" choice. I will be online promptly to secure this reservation.

I love your character pictures!

Thanks!

And the sweets plate looks delicious. Seriously. Strawberries everywhere ... looks perfect.

I LOVE Strawberries. Can only get them in the winter and sometimes into early spring where I live. Winter's around the corner so I'm excited

I think CP will have to wait until next trip, but at some point I'm going to have to have that breakfast lasagna lol.

If you love strawberries and bananas you're gonna love it.

Mmm, yum! Your Yak & Yeti, Boma, and Crystal Palace meals all look DIVINE! And this was especially fun for me to read since next week I'm having lunch at Y&Y, dinner at Boma, and breakfast at CP! Your reports got my tummy all kinds of ready!

Glad to be of service. Can't wait to read your reviews.

@Saphire5742, I would like. To personally thank you profusely for your review of Victoria and Alberts. The detailed information and photos helped DH and I decide that on our next trip, this will be our "splurge" choice. I will be online promptly to secure this reservation.

You're very welcome! Glad I could help. Did you end up securing a reservation?

Cinderella’s Royal Table

Sadly we’ve arrived at my last meal in the parks and where better for a Princess than having that meal in a castle with her fellow princesses.

My reservation was at 6:45. I was first led to a waiting area where I was greeted by the host Cinderella. She complimented my dress and of course I responded that hers was a lot more elegant to which she responded that one can never go wrong with an elegant dress. She also liked my sparkly tiara and we chatted a bit on how important sparkle is and how one can never have enough. Then of course we posed for a royal portrait:

MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20160515_7688525917 (533x800).jpg

MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20160515_7688523963 (533x800).jpg

Some photos of the waiting area:

IMG_6355 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6356 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6357 (600x800).jpg

IMG_6358 (600x800).jpg

IMG_6359 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6360 (600x800).jpg

IMG_6361 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6362 (600x800).jpg

Continued next post...

Last edited:
After waiting for a few minutes I was lead upstairs for dinner. What a regal interior:

IMG_6367 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6371 (800x600).jpg

I was led to a perfect table by the window with this beautiful view:

IMG_6363 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6368 (800x600).jpg

And given a wand and wishing star.

The menu:

IMG_6364 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6365 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6366 (800x600).jpg

For my appetizer I chose the Castle Salad, for my entrée I chose the gnocchi, and for dessert what else than Jaq and Gus’s favorite.

First up some bread and butter and my beverage. I love the goblet it’s served in.

IMG_6369 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6370 (600x800).jpg

Continued next post...

My salad:

IMG_6372 (800x600).jpg

I was debating between the salad and the cheese platter but I don’t like all cheeses and didn’t want to risk getting a cheese I didn’t enjoy. The salad sounded interesting enough that I chose to ultimately go with that. Love the asymmetrical shape of the salad bowl. The salad was delicious and refreshing and lightly dressed. Very pleased with my choice.

My entrée:

IMG_6373 (800x600).jpg

Years ago I never would have chosen a gnocchi dish. I had ordered it at a restaurant once a long time ago and did not like it at all. I could not even finish it. But about 3 years ago I took an Italian cooking workshop where we made all the pastas including gnocchi and sauces from scratch and I was very pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Of course it certainly helped that it was served with a rich cream sauce. Looking at the menu I found myself drawn to the gnocchi and hoped that I would not be disappointed. I’m happy to say that it was glorious and wonderfully rich. The veggies especially the leeks were oh so good as well. I savored every bite while enjoying my wonderful view. I also have to say that while the serving looks small that's more to do with the size and depth of the bowl it was served in. For me it was the perfect serving size.

Dessert:

IMG_6385 (800x600).jpg

I decided to trust Cinderella’s friends Gus and Jaq and went with their recommendation.
Let's admire for a moment the beautiful presentation. I was told that even the flower was edible. The mousse was creamy and sweet. While white chocolate has a tendency to be super sweet I thought the sweetness here was just right. Paired very well with the tartness of the lemon lime curd. And the honey oat crumble made it all come together perfectly. I was in dessert heaven!

As I was enjoying my dinner at the castle the princesses were announced one by one and made their rounds.

First came Snow White:

IMG_6375 (800x600).jpg

By now I can’t for the life of me remember what we conversed about. Funny how in the moment you think you’ll remember this forever.

Aurora:

IMG_6378 (600x800).jpg

I recall my pink highlights were mentioned and that they matched her dress and she contemplated adding a little pink to her hair as well. I told her I thought that would look lovely.

At the table behind me a family was dining. The little girl was so cute in her Cinderella dress after her makeover at BBB (you can see her behind me). Anyway the mom noticed that I was by myself and every time a princess came over she immediately volunteered to take our photo. I was so grateful and of course told her so.

I had a request of both Snow White and Aurora. You see the day I landed in NY was my niece’s 5th birthday. She is all about the princesses and has every one of their dresses. I had an idea to buy a Disney Princess themed birthday card and have them all sign it. Then my sister, her mom, suggested that a better idea would be to record birthday messages. So that’s what I did. I’m happy to say that all of them graciously granted my request. At the time of dinner I was missing only Snow and Aurora. Once I got back to NY I put them all together in one video and sent it to my sister. The video does require close listening because of the background noise but I think it turned out nicely. The important thing it that my niece loved it and was so excited. She kept asking how they knew her name and that she had celebrated her birthday recently.

Ariel:

IMG_6382 (600x800).jpg

She happily showed off her new feet as soon as she came by. I asked her how she was coping with her feet and she replied that it was taking some getting used to but thankfully she has Eric to catch her when she stumbles. I also complimented her on her brooch and she said that it was a present from her ocean friends and that’s why she wears it close to her heart.

Jasmine:

IMG_6383 (800x600).jpg

Jasmine complimented me on my dress and mentioned the style is all the rage now in Agrabah.

And now comes the absolute best part of the whole experience. The princesses by now had all made their rounds. It was dusk outside and either I was waiting for dessert or drinking some tea after dessert when suddenly who should sit directly opposite me at my table than Snow White!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! :jumping1:

What a wonderfully pleasant and welcome surprise and I was internally freaking out! She sat with me for quite a few minutes and we had a lovely conversation. This is probably why I don’t recall my previous interaction with her.

As she sat down she commented on the beautiful view and how she likes this time of day.

IMG_6386 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6387 (600x800).jpg

She asked me what I had done that day and my mind was a complete blank and all I could come up with was that I visited some of my fellow princesses. She asked if I had visited with the Dwarfs and I said that I had a few days prior. She specifically asked how Grumpy was and said that they have been working on him smiling more/being more friendly, using please and thank you and how difficult it’s been for him. Obviously it doesn’t come as naturally for him than it does Happy but he’s learning slowly. And then she mentioned that Cinderella is always saying to be back at home by midnight and wondered whether such a rule would apply to her too. I asked her if she asked Cinderella about that and she said that it’s because at midnight Cinderella’s coach turns into a pumpkin but now that she thinks about it she herself doesn’t travel by a pumpkin carriage but a horse so she should be ok. I readily agreed. And then we spoke about animal friends and how they help with the chores. She asked me if I get chore help from animal friends too but I replied that I don’t since I don’t speak their language and therefore can’t communicate me. Snow assured me that I could just ask normally and with a smile of course and they’d understand. And according to my Snow convo highlights (yes I did jot down some key words into my phone as I left the restaurant. There was no way I was going to let myself forget any of it. But most of it I still remember anyway) Sleepy was also mentioned. I think it was in relation to the whole midnight issue. She spoke of how he likes to nap and he is always in bed by 7:30.

After Snow left mini Cinderella behind me came up to me in awe and asked what we spoke about. I myself still can’t believe it happened.

Dinner here was the absolute PERFECT as a final meal at the parks and I loved every moment.

Up next it’s lunch at Earl of Sandwich and a wrap (finally!)

We are going to CRT for the very first time during our upcoming trip! So glad you had a great experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter