Served with Flair, My Culinary Cabaret (Solo May 2016 DR), updated 11/12, Earl of Sandwich

Saphire5742

Princess Sparkle
Helloooooooooooooo and welcome to all!

My first ever dining report, woohoo!

This is me:

MK_FNTSYBRG_7688348129.jpeg

My name is Odelia (pronounced Oh-dell-ya) and I LOVE TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!!

(There is a home video in which my 11-12 year old self proclaims just that in a big and overly dramatic voice)

I am 34 years old, born and raised in Brooklyn,NY and have lived in Israel for the past 9.5 years.

I’ve been to Disney World a total of 4 times: at 7 months, 8 years, 16 years, and this past trip.

I love Disney and it’s been a dream to go back for a LONG time. I finally made it!

When? May 8-16 (sandwiched between NY time with my family)

Where? Art of Animation

One of the things I was really excited about for this upcoming trip was the FOOD! Especially since I grew up in an observant Jewish home so in past trips we only had the occasional snack. (although I do seem to vaguely recall eating pasta at one of the restaurants in the Italy pavilion when I was 8). I am no longer observant, although I do still abstain from pork and shellfish. As I was researching my dining options I felt like a kid in a candy store. It was so hard narrowing it down, but I finally did (and just in time for those ADR’s!).

And so it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that I welcome you here today.
And now I invite you to relax and pull up a chair as I proudly present - my dining report!

Last edited:
Victoria and Albert’s

As soon as I heard about this place I knew that I needed to eat there. I mean what a cool and fun way to start off this much dreamed about vacation? In fact when I was asked when I made the reservation if there was a special occasion I was celebrating, I replied that I hadn’t been to Disney in 18 years and this trip is a long awaited dream come true and I want to pamper myself and start it off with style.

I arrived for my 7pm dinner and was seated promptly.

My table:

IMG_4465 (800x600).jpg

(As you can see the lighting is soft and dim so I apologize in advance if this affects the quality of some of the photos)

My menu had my name, the date, and the words “Welcome Back”. As in welcome back to Disney World. I loved the special and personalized touch.

My servers were Sherry and Jack, who are actually husband and wife.

I was brought my drink choice and the menu was explained to me.

First there was a choice between a 7 and a 10 course menu. The 10 course is fixed, meaning there are no choices with the different courses. With the 7 course there are additional choices to make. I was so torn but ultimately decided to continue with the 7 course because 4 of the 10 were fish dishes and that is just too much fish for me.

Once I made that choice, my server took down my choices for the various courses and my menu was removed from the table (to be returned towards the end of my meal).

In addition there were 3 bread and butter courses.

As each dish was presented I was given an explanation, even the bread and butter dishes. I enjoyed that and it did give me a greater appreciation of the food in front of me, but if you were to ask me a minute later to repeat what my server said I would not be able to.

Everything was delicious and absolutely wonderful! Presentation was beautiful.
My servers were wonderfully friendly and attentive. I loved listening to the harpist in the background. I felt rather sophisticated and enjoyed it immensely. Now here are the pictures (only thing missing is the first bread & butter):

Amuse-Bouche, first course to open the palate. The menu doesn't sat what this was and I don't remember. I was told by my server that this was supposed to represent the various flavors I would be experiencing during my meal.

IMG_4466 (800x600).jpg

Second course: I chose Long Island Duck with Hearts of Palm and Blood Oranges

IMG_4467 (800x600).jpg

Third course: I chose the Alaskan Halibut with Baby Tomatoes and Roasted Vegetables
IMG_4468 (800x600).jpg

After this came the second bread and butter. My server told me that this particular one was very popular and called it "the cake before the dessert".
IMG_4469 (800x600).jpg
Truffle infused bread and butter. This was my first time tasting truffle.
O M G!
I do not have the words to describe how incredibly delectable this was. Licking my lips just thinking about it!

Fourth Course: I chose Chicken with Carmelized Onion Jam
IMG_4470 (800x600).jpg

Next up the third and final bread and butter. I do remember that the bread was a 3 day process. The butter came in this dome like sculpture that my server proceeded to spoon from:

IMG_4472 (800x600).jpg
The butter came out shaped like rose petals. So Pretty.

Fifth Course: This was the red meat course. Included in the 4 choices was an item, the Mizayaki Japanese Beef that was an extra $110! But I was told that I could combine it with the Australian Kobe-Style Beef Tenderloin with Borderlaise Sauce for half the price. And since I love red meat that's exactly what I decided to go for. OMG, this was absolutely amazing and so worth it!

IMG_4474 (800x600).jpg

Sixth Course (to cleanse the palate): I chose Roasted White Chocolate Gelato with Asian Pear

IMG_4481 (800x600).jpg

Seventh Course (dessert): I chose the Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee

IMG_4485 (800x600).jpg

This is when I started to get a little light headed, I think because of the wine. Had to take a few moments to compose myself in the restroom.

Continued in next post

Before dessert I was given a tea menu (I do not drink coffee). I chose The Mad Hatter's Tea Party (passion fruit, pomegranate, and vanilla). I love fruity teas and with a name like that how could I choose anything else?
So the tea is served in a way I had never encountered before. As you can see in the picture below a torch is lit underneath a pot of water. The water heats up and travels to the top and gets infused with the tea leaves. When it's ready the server releases a sort of latch and the water sans tea leaves returns to the bottom. How cool is that?

IMG_4482 (600x800).jpg

IMG_4483 (600x800).jpg

As I was finishing up dessert, I was brought a red rose and my menu in an envelope.
After dessert I was brought a selection of chocolates to choose from. A great way to end any meal.

IMG_4489 (800x600).jpg

What an incredible and indulgent experience!

And now a few more photos:
IMG_4490 (800x600).jpg

Me with the harpist. I was told by my server at the beginning of my meal that I could also make requests, so at some point I did. I asked for "Be Our Guest" (of course, only my most favorite Disney song) and some romantic Spanish style. And she complied.
IMG_4477 (800x600).jpg

Me with my servers Jack and Sherry:
IMG_4492 (800x600).jpg

Edited to add:

I just wanted to mention some things that in my excitement I omitted.

1) There is a water menu if you so choose. I decided to stick to regular old tap

2) There is a wine pairing option for $65 per person. Each course comes with a wine that is supposed to complement it. I'm a lightweight so the smartest option for me was to just stick to one glass throughout the meal. I chose a mellow white wine. And still I got lightheaded by the end. But that's also probably because I had also been awake since 6:30 am.

3) The whole experience took 3 hours. Best not to plan anything else for that evening. This is NOT a meal you want to rush.

4) There was optional caviar in the beginning for an additional price. I never ate caviar so it wasn't worth it for me to pay the extra for this

5) Price- 7 course is $185, 10 course is $235. And then you have all the optional extras.

Last edited:
Great start to your review! I love your "Be Our Guest" themed intro, lol.

Victoria and Albert's looks like an absolutely indulgent, wonderful experience. I hope that someday I can make it there with my husband as a couple's trip. Do you remember how long it took to get through all of the courses? Which was your favorite? The creme brulee looks very good, and so do all of the meats! I also love that you got pictures with the harpist and your servers! Can't wait to read more reviews!

Great start and so excited to read more!

Your V&A indulgence was the perfect way to start the trip. It just seems like such a special experience.

That V&A meal looks absolutely delicious! What a wonderful way to start your trip. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!

Wow, you really started your trip off right! That meal/experience looks amazing! Looking forward to reading more!

Excellent start to your report! My DH just recently started talking about going to V&A in a few years for his 60th birthday. It looks like a wonderful experience and the perfect start to your trip :goodvibes

We went to V&A several years ago. To this day, it is still the number one meal and experience I've ever had at WDW. One day we hope to do it again. It's worth every penny.

I'm here, I'm here! And I even managed to (barely) make the first page!

And I'm actually on my way out the door, and I want to really savor your Victoria & Alberts experience, which I'll need more time for. I'll be back later to read and comment!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter