• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Served with Flair, My Culinary Cabaret (Solo May 2016 DR), updated 11/12, Earl of Sandwich

I've never had an interest in going to CRT, but now your review has me very intrigued... I love the interactions you had with all the princesses!

Your "visit" with Snow White is awesome! I love that she did that with you rather than picking a family with kids. I would have been so tongue-tied though, I always am when meeting face characters even though I love it! We did breakfast at CRT last November. I'd never eaten in there before so I begged the boys lol. I was so excited, Aurora couldn't make it that day so Merida came in her place, and I LOVE Merida! She spent the longest time with us comparing our red hair :D The breakfast food was nothing special but I did love being inside the castle finally, and I think we either had your table or one right next to it because our view was similar. I'm so glad your last in-park meal was so wonderful!

Oh man. Your CRT experience sounds like it was fantastic, from beginning to end! I think I'm going to have to add this one back onto the old bucket list and try to make my way over there at some point!

Wow, what an amazing experience at CRT. Your dinner looks divine, but I'm a sucker for all things gnocchi. My Mom would make them once or twice a year growing up so it was always a special occasion dish for me. Glad it lived up to your most special of occasions. Speaking of which,I love the idea of having them record bday wishes for your niece. What a great idea!

Going to be wrapping this up in the next day or so, definitely by the end of the week. In the meantime some replies....

We are going to CRT for the very first time during our upcoming trip!

How exciting! It feels super special to eat in the castle

So glad you had a great experience at CRT! The food looks great, and I love that Snow White story!

Thanks! Snow White was AWESOME!!!!!

I loved your report!!!!

:welcome: and thanks!

I've never had an interest in going to CRT, but now your review has me very intrigued... I love the interactions you had with all the princesses!

It definitely feels special to eat inside the castle and dine with royalty

Your "visit" with Snow White is awesome! I love that she did that with you rather than picking a family with kids.

I was so surprised and thrilled. I wonder if that's something all the princesses do after finishing their rounds

I was so excited, Aurora couldn't make it that day so Merida came in her place, and I LOVE Merida! She spent the longest time with us comparing our red hair :D

Merida's cool. So happy you got to meet her during your royal breakfast

Oh man. Your CRT experience sounds like it was fantastic, from beginning to end!

It most definitely was! A perfect last park meal

Wow, what an amazing experience at CRT.

Yes it was! I am so happy I chose to dine there for my final park meal

Your dinner looks divine, but I'm a sucker for all things gnocchi. My Mom would make them once or twice a year growing up so it was always a special occasion dish for me.

I did really enjoy that gnocchi especially with that butter wine sauce, but I'm sure your mom's is way way better

One advantage of going with my daughter to restaurants is that we each order something different and then share each portion

I do that too with my mom when we go to restaurants together.

A friend gifted me with a little plaque that says "Some girls are just born with GLITTER in their veins!"

LOVE that :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

And she is right - that dress is so pretty!

Thank you!

I'm gonna try that with my puppy tomorrow. He was very interested when I was cleaning the pantry today, but not much actual help...

Did it work? I haven't tried this myself. I know Snow meant well but I am still a bit skeptical...

Let's wrap this up shall we?

Earl of Sandwich

At long last we’ve finally arrived at my last day and meal. This day was planned as a non park day and I used it to visit Disney Springs. Considering the last time I’d been there was 1998, I was very impressed. What a wonderfully refreshing change!

After walking around a but I made my way to Earl of Sandwich for an early lunch. I’d been dreaming of their holiday sandwich ever since I found out about it.

The Holiday Turkey Sandwich is a hot sandwich with Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing, Turkey Gravy, Cranberry Sauce and Mayonnaise. Mmmmm, Thanksgiving in a sandwich. Yes please! My photo may not look that appetizing but I really enjoyed it. My only reservation was that I would have preferred less mayo and more cranberry sauce. It was a little too mayo-ey for my taste. Other than that very good.

IMG_6566 (800x600).jpg

As for sides I had difficulty choosing between the coleslaw and the mac & cheese. And then I realized that I could just have both. Food dilemma solved. That was easy.

First the cole slaw. From my first bite I was in heaven. The veggies fresh and crisp and the dressing light and slightly sweet made this the perfect deli style coleslaw for me. Yum Yum Yum!

IMG_6567 (800x600).jpg

Mac & Cheese was the BEST as well. All that wonderful melty cheesy goodness! And such a nice portion size as well. Actually I felt that both sides could be easily shared between 2-3 people.

IMG_6568 (800x600).jpg

IMG_6569 (600x800).jpg

All in all a delicious and greatly satisfying lunch. Of course after all that food there was no way I could fit in dessert so no Ghirardeli for me this trip. It was so worth it though.

After lunch I wandered around some more before heading back to the resort to await the Disney Express back to the airport :(:(:(. Sad sad day but I’m glad to be able to look back on my Disney Culinary Cabaret with absolutely no regrets. :thanks: for joining me on this food train and I hope you found it as helpful as I’ve found the DRs I read prior to my own trip.

Arrivederci!

Let's wrap this up shall we?

Earl of Sandwich

At long last we’ve finally arrived at my last day and meal. This day was planned as a non park day and I used it to visit Disney Springs. Considering the last time I’d been there was 1998, I was very impressed. What a wonderfully refreshing change!

After walking around a but I made my way to Earl of Sandwich for an early lunch. I’d been dreaming of their holiday sandwich ever since I found out about it.

The Holiday Turkey Sandwich is a hot sandwich with Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing, Turkey Gravy, Cranberry Sauce and Mayonnaise. Mmmmm, Thanksgiving in a sandwich. Yes please! My photo may not look that appetizing but I really enjoyed it. My only reservation was that I would have preferred less mayo and more cranberry sauce. It was a little too mayo-ey for my taste. Other than that very good.

View attachment 206146

As for sides I had difficulty choosing between the coleslaw and the mac & cheese. And then I realized that I could just have both. Food dilemma solved. That was easy.

First the cole slaw. From my first bite I was in heaven. The veggies fresh and crisp and the dressing light and slightly sweet made this the perfect deli style coleslaw for me. Yum Yum Yum!

View attachment 206147

Mac & Cheese was the BEST as well. All that wonderful melty cheesy goodness! And such a nice portion size as well. Actually I felt that both sides could be easily shared between 2-3 people.

View attachment 206148

View attachment 206149

All in all a delicious and greatly satisfying lunch. Of course after all that food there was no way I could fit in dessert so no Ghirardeli for me this trip. It was so worth it though.

After lunch I wandered around some more before heading back to the resort to await the Disney Express back to the airport :(:(:(. Sad sad day but I’m glad to be able to look back on my Disney Culinary Cabaret with absolutely no regrets. :thanks: for joining me on this food train and I hope you found it as helpful as I’ve found the DRs I read prior to my own trip.

Arrivederci!

Great report, and thanks for the review of the EoS sides! I've never had anything there but sandwiches (and cookie bites).

Yes, I tried that holiday sandwich last year, it's near perfection! Loved your report, you had so many great meals and I'm glad you shared them with us :)

And no, the puppy has not been helpful. Perhaps Snow White was referring more to woodland creatures? As soon as I can catch a squirrel, I'll let you know!

Well then I guess I won't be getting a puppy then. And please do let me know regarding the squirrel :squirrel: :laundy: :cutie:

Interesting that you thought the sandwich had too much mayo ... I've found that a lot of dishes have too much mayo for my taste, which is part of why I've basically stopped ordering things that advertise that they have mayo. I'm glad you enjoyed the sandwich, though - it sounds delicious (minus the mayo).

Thanks for sharing all of your dining experiences with us!

Interesting that you thought the sandwich had too much mayo ... I've found that a lot of dishes have too much mayo for my taste, which is part of why I've basically stopped ordering things that advertise that they have mayo. I'm glad you enjoyed the sandwich, though - it sounds delicious (minus the mayo).

The funny thing is that I actually really like mayo but for some reason I thought in this sandwich it overpowered the rest of the flavors a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter