• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September crowds?

Even though it's very hot (and I am not a person that tolerates the heat well), we still keep going back in early September. There's just something we love about it. The low crowds are great of course. This year we'll be there the last week of August and first week of September.

Crowds are good, but it is very hot and humid -- just as bad as August. You will feel it particularly keenly if you're coming from the dry air of Utah. Various friends from Utah have gone in June and July and all have sworn they will never go in summer again.

We were there the week of labor day a couple years ago. We did HS on the Sunday before Labor Day and it was a ghost town! We ate lunch at the ABC Commissary and we were the only people in there! TSM still had long waits but RnR and ToT were pretty much walk on. My youngest was 4 and too short for RnR so I just kept taking her on ToT while DH and older kids rode RnR. I think she rode ToT 8 times that day!

I'm curious to see how the late labor day will affect the crowds. We will be there the week before Labor Day this year because of my work schedule. Hoping it's still quiet! Around here everyone is back in school by mid-August.

I am booked the week after Labor Day (8-12) at PoP. What are the crowds like? I've noticed reduced hours at the parks during this time. What kind of weather should I expect?

Crowds are low at this time and the weather will still be on the warm/hot and humid side.

We are going around the same time, we've done September before and really liked it. It is still hot, but I'm from GA so the weather isn't significantly different so it's nothing new for me, if you've ever been in the summer ID say September weather is comparable. Crowds in the parks are very manageable and same with the resorts, but free dining has made dining reservations a little harder to get (though I was still able to get all the restaurants we wanted, and you can always keep checking to see if something opens up for a restaurant that you want but can't get).

I think overall you'll have a great vacation!

I have went and going this year in the end of September. It is still very hot but the crowds are practically non existent.

I went during Spring Break in 2014. I did not find crowds THAT terrible, our longest wait at MK was 45 min for Haunted Mansion. Can anyone compare what they might be for my Sept 25 - Oct 2 trip? Similar? Less? More?

Lighter crowds during the week, weekends are a little busier. Weather can still be hot and humid. September is a good time to go.

Went last year on Labor Day through the next few days. I have never been to Disney World when crowds were so low. We had a change of park plans for our last day, and at 10:00 on the night before, was able to grab fast passes for TSM. Next day, we got there an hour after rope drop, we didn't even need our fastpass for TSM. Walked right on, then my kids got to ride RNR two times in a row and could have rode it more. Had the same kind of luck at Magic Kingdom with our longest wait for 7DMT which was 20 min. Loved that time of the year so much, my daughter and I are returning this year with my mom. It's hot, but I'll take the low crowds over the heat.

Last edited:
We have been going almost every year in September since 2007. Most of the time,with the exception of the big/newest rides, the rides were nearly walk on. We rode Star Tours 11 times in a row with almost no wait. We rode RnR 3 times in a row as well. This scenario played out in most of the parks. We are from the Deep South so the heat was normal for us. The lowest crowd levels, in our experience, are the week after Labor Day. We fell in love with the Food & Wine fest so we now book accordingly. Your mileage may vary.

We were there last September and it was better than our first trip by far! The crowds were super low, pretty much everything was walk on, the only park that felt crowded to us was HS, which is because there wasn't so much for us to do there. It was super hot and sticky but manageable and there were afternoon showers but they would clear right up. I wish we would've booked for this Sept too because we got a little spoiled, but next year definitely! Have a great trip!

We're going this September for the first time, 9/12-9/20. I'm hoping all of these reports pan out for us and there's very light crowds! I always read conflicting reports about perceived crowd levels, as some people say it's still crowded. Not sure if it's just crowded to them, or if they're going to parks on high crowd days. All I want is to be able to move around and have most rides with under 25 minute waits! Now I just need to figure out what kind of shoes to bring... that will be best in case we get stuck in a downpour and get soaked!
I wear Nike comfort footbed flip flops. They get wet by dry fairly quickly and you don't slip and slide all over. When regular flip flops get wet they are dangerous since it is like having a slip and slide under your feet.

You are going to LOVE it. September is my FAVORITE time to go. No crowds, less humidity, but still warm. I wish we could do it again, but with the kids in school, it's so difficult.

Reading this makes me even more excited as that is when we are going to be going too! Being from Myrtle Beach the weather isn't an issue but not having a lot of crowds will be nice!

This post makes me so much more excited about our Disney trip Sept 5-13! Growing up my Mom always took us during the summer usually June, so this will be our first fall trip! Thanks for all the good info.

I went during Spring Break in 2014. I did not find crowds THAT terrible, our longest wait at MK was 45 min for Haunted Mansion. Can anyone compare what they might be for my Sept 25 - Oct 2 trip? Similar? Less? More?

We're going the exact same time you are...9/25-10/2. We've always gone either in summer or spring break, so we're hoping for much lower crowds than we're used to.

Previously, the best days we've ever had at the parks crowd-wise was early June two years ago when the tropical storm came through. We donned our ponchos and rode rides in the rain. Had MK almost to ourselves. At one point, we rode Splash Mountain 6 times in a row without ever having to get out of our boat.

September is great! The crowds were noticeably lower for us in 2013. It's still pretty hot too. We swam every day.

Staying at POR 9.20-10.1. This will be our first September trip (all our previous trips have been in the spring) and I can't wait! Hopefully it's as good a time to visit as I've been hearing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter