September 2017 Planning

We're booked for Sept 2-10 at Beach Club too! So exciting. We went last year from Sept 3-10 and it was our favorite trip because the crowds were low after Labor Day. It was very hot on most days, but I'll gladly take the heat for lower crowds. We went to the parks at opening, spent every afternoon at Stormalong Bay and went back to the parks at night. Southwest flights for September open on Feb 23rd, so we'll be booking first thing. Hoping to do MNSSHP again - I went on the 8th last year and it was awesome! We also did Early Morning Magic at MK and that was awesome as well, so we are hoping to do that again too!

Booked the poly from sept 17th thru the 23rd and we have non expiring tix from our last trip, and that's all the planning I've done, not even sure if we are driving or flying yet ( leaning towards driving).

We're going Labor Day weekend. Staying at the Poly , rented some points and can't wait. It's my niece's first time and my mom and I are treating her. She's going to be 7 in February and is ready to go!

We're booked for Sept 2-10 at Beach Club too! So exciting. We went last year from Sept 3-10 and it was our favorite trip because the crowds were low after Labor Day. It was very hot on most days, but I'll gladly take the heat for lower crowds. We went to the parks at opening, spent every afternoon at Stormalong Bay and went back to the parks at night. Southwest flights for September open on Feb 23rd, so we'll be booking first thing. Hoping to do MNSSHP again - I went on the 8th last year and it was awesome! We also did Early Morning Magic at MK and that was awesome as well, so we are hoping to do that again too!
Thanks for info about SW flights. I've been looking!

WE ARE OFFICIALLY BOOKED! I'm so excited. Now I can't wait for JetBlue to release their September dates and WDW to release the schedules! :)

We are booked for 11/9-11/16. We didn't go to Disney last year and I was so disappointed that I booked this trip extra early so I could at least start planning early. This will be our first trip during the Christmas season. The last 2 were during Halloween/Fall, so we are excited. I'm not happy unless I am planning a Disney vacation!

When do most public schools get Fall Break? I remember the last week in September for 2015 was crazy with so many kids off school -- it wasn't as bad as the summer crowds but still...

When do most public schools get Fall Break? I remember the last week in September for 2015 was crazy with so many kids off school -- it wasn't as bad as the summer crowds but still...
What do you mean by Fall Break? US schools are full-on in session during the fall. This is why it's so cheap to go to WDW in September since kids go back to school varying by area between mid-Aug and early-Sep, and missing a week or two of school early in the season is challenging. Most will get a day or two off for Labor Day and a day or two off for Columbus day in Oct. Maybe an additional inservice day mixed in here or there and in some areas they have a day or two for a local holiday and that's about it.

Here in NYC there's no such thing as "fall break", although some southern schools may have it. However, in the NYC area we have all the fall Jewish and Muslim holidays off, plus Columbus day, so most Septembers and/or Octobers are full of short weeks. We'll be able to go for 6 nights this September and only miss 2 days of school.

Yeah I probably should have been more specific and said southern public schools (Georgia, SC, etc.)

We are going 7-14 with Friday 8th our first day at MK. Is anyone concerned about crowd levels for Animal Kingdom due to pandora opening? I had planned it for a Saturday or Sunday, but now I'm worried it will be way busy! We have Epcot planned for that Monday hopefully missing the food and wine. We aren't doing park hoppers this time because I'm trying to plan the dinners for the parks we are at, to save money this time! It's our first time staying in a deluxe at WL and hoping for free dining!!

Last edited:
Is anyone concerned about crown levels for Animal Kingdom due to pandora opening?

It's hard for anyone to say since this new section is supposed to be optimal at night so there could be a bigger crowd in the evenings than during the daytime. Personally, I think with the F&W going on things could even out at the parks.

We are going 7-14 with Friday 8th our first day at MK. Is anyone concerned about crowd levels for Animal Kingdom due to pandora opening? I had planned it for a Saturday or Sunday, but now I'm worried it will be way busy! We have Epcot planned for that Monday hopefully missing the food and wine. We aren't doing park hoppers this time because I'm trying to plan the dinners for the parks we are at, to save money this time! It's our first time staying in a deluxe at WL and hoping for free dining!!
I'm a little concerned, but it is what it is. I have to pick and choose the lesser evil for each day, because for this trip we'll only have one day in each park, plus MNSSHP. I also had to take F&W into account, and our park days being Wednesday through Sunday, I only want to do Epcot on Wednesday or Thursday, Friday should be MNSSHP, which left Saturday or Sunday for AK the way my plans wash out.

Yeah I probably should have been more specific and said southern public schools (Georgia, SC, etc.)

No breaks here in the Atlanta area in September, except Labor Day.

ETA: Any fall breaks I hear of in GA are some time in October.

I'm in MS and we don't have any fall breaks except the normal bank holidays. We are also hitting up universal for two days so I'm thinking about doing universal at the beginning of the trip instead of the end. I hate they haven't posted park hours yet!! Drives me crazy.

This is so exciting to hear!!!

I am working on coming up with an itinerary, and have been trying to have parks in the morning and the pool in the afternoon. Did you find that it rained daily in the afternoon? Or were there some days without rain?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter