September 2016

Just found this thread, we are at POR 9/18-10/1. I was happy we just hit the 30's for count down and I too am resisting the urge to drag out the suitcases. Will be traveling with DH, DD 11 and DS 7, everyone is excited!

Every year ours gets stuck in pre- shipment for days. Ours shipped on the 2end, and got stuck in pre-shipment until the 5th. We finally got them the 8th. While I saw others that shipped on the 4th get there's before us. Just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. But they always come by the quoted dates so no worries. Still doesn't mean that I didn't blow USPS website up tracking every hour until they did though:rotfl:
My parent's MBs shipped out the same day as mine and they get theirs today. Mine now says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 9, 2016 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available." It has said that since yesterday around 4pm. I have no idea what that means but I have definitely been blowing up the USPS website for the past 2 days now :laughing: Oh well..I guess we'll get them when we get them.

My parent's MBs shipped out the same day as mine and they get theirs today. Mine now says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 9, 2016 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available." It has said that since yesterday around 4pm. I have no idea what that means but I have definitely been blowing up the USPS website for the past 2 days now :laughing: Oh well..I guess we'll get them when we get them.
It took 2 days before mine moved from there, so don't worry. My moms was 3 days stuck there. They arrive the same day as us and live across town.

Just found this thread, we are at POR 9/18-10/1. I was happy we just hit the 30's for count down and I too am resisting the urge to drag out the suitcases. Will be traveling with DH, DD 11 and DS 7, everyone is excited!
Welcome! We loved our last trip to POR and will go visit during this trip. That is a nice long stay too, congratulations.

Ours arrived today, but my parents are still waiting on theirs. Soon they will all show up.

It took 2 days before mine moved from there, so don't worry. My moms was 3 days stuck there. They arrive the same day as us and live across town.
We didn't expect ours so soon, and wondered what the strange package was. We soon got really excited. :)

We will be at AKL 9/24-9/28! What's the coupon book I read about earlier? Is that something that is mailed from Disney? This is our first visit (for all of us except my husband!)

Last edited:
We will be at AKL 9/24-9/28! What's the coupon book I read about earlier? Is that something that is mailed from Disney? This is our first visit (all of us except my husband!)
Welcome, and congratulations on your first trip. AKL is great, and should be a wonderful place for your first (and likely not last) trip.

When you book a package with Disney, they send you a information packet prior to your arrival that contains luggage bands for your checked bags so they will be delivered to your room if you ride the Magical Express bus from the airport. This also contains a list of discounts around Disney that used to be separate coupons but now there is a tear out card that you show for the discounts.

After that package there is also a package that contains your Magic Bands and some tags for you to put your name on your luggage.

It is almost time! Starting tomorrow, people from this thread will be at WDW through the beginning of October. It is getting very close for many of us, and I'm sure we're all excited that our trips are coming up soon. Safe travels @BabyFu18 and save a spot for the rest of us!

Thanks! We are checking in tomorrow (we traveled half way today and are stopping overnight to be at Disney by noon tomorrow)! Everyone going to WDW and the Grand Floridian have a great time and safe travels to all!

Once I check in I'll try to upload a picture of our room/location, I can't wait!

Thanks! We are checking in tomorrow (we traveled half way today and are stopping overnight to be at Disney by noon tomorrow)! Everyone going to WDW and the Grand Floridian have a great time and safe travels to all!

Once I check in I'll try to upload a picture of our room/location, I can't wait!

That's cool, you are already on your way and still checking in. We'll look forward to seeing your room location. Have a nice drive tomorrow and enjoy being at WDW!

So excited! We got our magic bands yesterday. We will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge from September 21 to October 1st for our 20th anniversary.

So excited! We got our magic bands yesterday. We will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge from September 21 to October 1st for our 20th anniversary.
Welcome and congratulations! You don't have long to wait now. I'll add you to the list.

We got ours yesterday too!!!!!!! We arrive at POR 9/21 for our 4th anniversary! Hope you have a great time!!
Did I get your arrival date wrong, I have you arriving on the 20th. Let me know and I can fix it. Either way, it is less than a month to go.

DH and I decided to treat ourselves and we upgraded from POR to AKL! We have never stayed at AKL so we are beyond excited! If anyone has any tips or suggestions we are all ears! :) we booked a standard room, so I know we might not see the savanna from our room but I am okay with it because I know there are plenty of other stops to view the animals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter