sept 25-October 2 2016- 7 days of Disney Dining and F&W

DisneyLove2015

Mouseketeer
hello!! Long time Disney visitor but first time writing a dining review . Sadly no photos but I will try to be as descriptive as possible!

We stayed at Pofq Sept 25-oct 2. DH, DS 8, DD1 and myself. I've been to Disney over 30 times but we have just recently started trying multiple TS restaurants! We were on the DDP this trip mainly so we could use all snack credits at F&W (and even traded some QS for snacks, too!!). We also planned a lot of character meals since our 19 month old loves them and she eats free. My DH loves almost all foods. I am picky... As is my son. Between a 7 day DxDDP trip two years ago and this trip, we've now eaten at all character meal places, just not for every meal (missing Akershus breakfast, GG lunch/dinner and CP breakfast). Just for comparison.

Ok here we go!
Sunday Sept 25th. We landed at MCO at 2:45 and took DME to POFQ. We then took a bus to MK and a boat to WL for our dinner at WCC. We Were there about 45-50 minutes early but they had no issue sitting us basically as soon as we got there.

DH had the All You Care To Eat Skillet. He loved everything with it. The cornbread was amazing. So was the brisket.

I had the NY strip steak sans blue cheese. It was ok- but not amazing. I've had better strip steaks at Disney before.

DS had the kids burger. He loves all burgers and this one wasn't any different. He liked it.

Service was amazing. We all had milkshakes as our drink. . Dessert- DH had the cobbler. I had the caramel apple pie to go. Both were AMAZING.

I'd say my DH enjoyed this dinner more than I did, but I picked it for him since he loves all of the food on the platter and he loves WL.

Monday Sept 26th-

We did EMM at DHS this morning. The breakfast at Commisary Lane was AHHHHHHH-MAZING. one of my favorite breakfasts period. The French toast sticks were hot, fresh and oh so good. The fruit was cold and crisp. The cheesy potatoes were my favorite. Everyone had lots to eat. Chocolate croissants were one of my favorites, too. We loved EMM for the rides, characters and breakfast. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Lunch/ Dinner- Epcot: DH snacked at a few F&W booths including Brazil (pork belly) belgium (beer braised beef) and Japan (sushi roll and garlic shrimp). He loved it all but especially the sushi.

we ended up eating a "between meal" meal around 2:30 due to heavy rain for two hours. DS got a burger meal with fries and a cupcake and a fruit cup in place of a drink from the electric umbrella. He ate the burger and cupcake and we shared the fries and fruit. I was still full from breakfast!!

Once the rain stopped we headed back to F&W. I grabbed the caprese salad from Intermissions cafe. It was Ok. It needed more balsamic and basil. DH had the venison at New Zealand (one of his favorites).

We tried to change a QS for three snacks at Mexico but they said they couldn't do it. We skipped it that night. We went to China and we were able to change a QS for three credits. DH got the pot stickers, spicy chicken And the black pepper shrimp. All were thoroughly enjoyed. Last booth we hit that night was Hops and Barley. We changed a QS for three snacks and got two lobster rolls and a brisket. I wish we had done two briskest because it was soooo good. I didn't think I wanted much since I planned to grab something at Les Halles for me for a late dinner but the brisket was so good. DH liked the lobster. We both loved the brisket. DS grabbed another burger and fries, fruit and milk at Liberty inn. We had no issues what so ever ordering a QS Meal for him off of the regular menu. This worked out wonderfully so I could get milk for our 1 year old when needed and they could share some meals if needed too.

I grabbed a Dinde BLT with chocolate mousse and a croissant from Les Halles (my favorite QS!!!!) around 8:45 before we left for the night.

Tuesday Sept 27-MK/Epcot

Breakfast was in the room. We had lunch at BOG (pre ordering saves so much time!!!). I had the turkey, fries and strawberry mousse cupcake. It never disappoints!!!! BOG is my other favorite QS. DH ordered the roast beef and the cream puff. He said the cream puff was excellent, as was the sandwich. DS ordered the soup and grilled cheese off the kids menu. It's a solid grilled cheese option for a picky eater. He doesn't eat soup but I thought my one year old would eat the noodles- she didn't. We brought food with us from the room for her. Overall- always a good meal here for us. We love BOG.

BACK to Epcot at 12:45. We arrived back at Epcot and did some rides and then some food booths before dinner. DH stopped at Australia (he changed a QS for the lamb and two shrimp orders), Mexico- we ordered the shrimp taco and the beef enchilada- I can only speak for the enchilada but it was amazing. Hawaii- DH got the tuna and the pork sliders. He loved the tuna. Said the slider was Good too. I grabbed a chocolate raspberry torte from chocolate studio- it was delicious. I wanted more of them, but restrained myself.

We had dinner at Akershus at 6:45. Seating was quick but the princesses didn't even come by until dessert. It was a little hectic there, but my dinner was delicious. I loved the salad bar offerings, especially the chicken salad! I ordered the Red Wine braised beef and it was so tender. I could have eaten another. The waiter confused my request to switch out veggies (specially asked for no asparagus) for rice for my DD. He switched out the potatoes which is one of the only things aside from the beef I'd eat. DD didn't eat the rice either. DH Ordered the same as me and DH ordered a cheese pizza. The pizza was not that tasty but he liked it. My daughter did, too, as she got some of it from him. Dessert was yummy!!!

Interaction wise, I felt like the princesses didn't spend much time with my daughter. My son wanted nothing to do with them (thanks to a kissing incident with Tiana when he was 5 ). Some of them I literally got two pics of them with my daughter and they weren't looking at my camera. Cinderella spent the most time with her. Mulan and Ariel seemed rushed. Less than stellar interaction May have been since she was confined to a high chair and couldn't get out.

Overall- dinner was ok to good. Would do again for my DD if on the DDP. Service wasn't the best, either.

WEDNESDAY sept 28- Epcot and DHS

BREAKFAST- We had an 8:20 ADR for Garden Grill. By far one of the best character breakfasts (or even just breakfasts) we've ever had. We were sat at 8:00. Server was attentive and awesome with getting refills and such before we asked. The cinnamon buns were my favorite. The fruit was fresh and sweet! The Mickey waffles with chocolate dipping sauce were heavenly. I loved that dipping sauce. The hash brown potatoes are standard but we love them!! Always crunchy and well done. I don't eat breakfast meat or eggs but everyone else seemed to love them.

Character interaction was stellar here. Plenty of time for my character obsessed princess to play with them and kiss them as much as she wanted (which was a lot. She loved kissing their noses).

We were done by 8:45 and we headed to Soarin- they weren't letting people in yet so we decided to run to get in line for Joy and Sadness. We were the second family in line and we were done and back at Soarin by 9:10.

Overall- I can't wait to do GG breakfast again. Fabulous meal.

lunch- F&W booths- Unfortunately this day was rainy again for a bit and very humid. It made wanting to eat not an appealing notion. We stopped at Africa (beef tenderloin), Canada (QS changed in for two beef filets and one soup and then another soup with a snack credit), craft beers (piggy wings), Farm Fresh (Mac n cheese), Patagonia (beef skewer) wine and dine studio (scallop). We ended with Canada and that was my favorite! The filets and soup were amazingly good despite the oppressive humidity. We ended up skipping a few planned snacks (the chew beef with feta, a second Mac n cheese at Farm Fresh and the waffle at Belgium) due to not being hungry from the heat.

Using snack credits and QS credits helped us immensely. We paid for one item out of pocket aside from drinks.

Dinner- Minnies Seaosnal Dine at H&V.we had a 5:00 fantasmic reservation. Food was good and interaction was mixed. Minnie and Daisy seemed rushed (literally got two photos of her and she never really stopped walking) but Donald, Goofy and Mickey were awesome. Donald especially. We didn't end up using the F! Tickets as my son wanted to do Star Wars show instead and we didn't plan on going back to DHS that week. The passes were good for five days from that date.

Service here was ok- slower than it should be for a buffet. Took forever to get the check, which is always a negative when you have a toddler who is ready to get out and run. Food was good though. All was appropriate temperature.

Thursday- lunch at Chef Mickey's before MNSSHP. ADR 1:15.

We've done CM for breakfast twice before and haven't ever been too disappointed with it. We did it this time for close proximity to MK for the party. Food was good (we liked the mix in of lunch and breakfast options). We were done by 2:30 and we were able to get dressed and hop on the monorail to head to the party. We had planned on eating a QS for all three of us that night at either Pecos Bill or Pinocchios but we weren't hungry before the party. DS got a burger at Cosmic Rays at 7:45.

We did the MNSSHP Wishes dessert party- loved it. Everything was amazing.

Friday Sept 30- DtD

Lunch- QS at Wolfgang puck express. DS had the cheese pizza (it was huge!!!! He shared with DD and we had a lot of left overs too!). DH had the meatloaf and I had the chicken aioli. DH loved the meatloaf and my sandwich was good. Overall delicious meal and a great value on the DDP.

Dinner- 6:30 ADR 1900 PF. Waited a few minutes to be sat. Great character interaction. We had Cinderella, step sisters, Prince and Fairy Godmother. Food was ok for me (being picky) but DH and DS enjoyed dinner.

Saturday October 1- MK
Lunch- repeated BOG-

Dinner- 5:55 ADR at CP. great interaction and food was good too. Our DD decided she only wanted grapes for dinner and a nice CM went and grabbed a whole bowl for me since they only had a few in the fruit mixture of melons and grapes.

Saturday oct 2
Breakfast- OOP Kona ADR 9:20. We arrived early (about 8:30) and we were sat after 5 minute wait. We each got Tonga Toast (always delicious) and DS got the pancakes and DD got the eggs and toast (because she loves egg!!) everything was delicious as always. You could tell a small difference in the bread for the new Tonga toast but it wasn't bad.

Lunch- QS at POFQ before boarding DME. their options were good despite the food court being shut down. DH had the quesadilla, DS had the pizza and I had the stuffed baked potato (cheddar and chicken). It came with a salad, too. all of it was really good. The potato itself needed more seasoning but the stuffing worked well.

Long winded, I know! I hope this helps someone looking for recent reviews!! We picked mostly buffets since our DD eats free and she tends to not eat what I eat so sharing is more difficult. We have other TS sit down favorites, too, that we skipped this trip (Narcoosses being one!!).

Let me know if you have any questions for me!!!

did you give your Fantasmic passes to another family in order to share the pixie dust?

did you give your Fantasmic passes to another family in order to share the pixie dust?
We tried. Everyone we asked wasn't going to Fantasmic that night and then the next two days we asked if people were going to Hollywood Studios and they weren't. We gave them to a CM to give out.

Great reviews! I've read so many great things about GG I may have to try it

Terri
I highly suggest it!!! I didn't like Ohana because of the limited options for someone who doesn't eat eggs and breakfast meat... I felt underwhelmed there. I loved GG breakfast. It was amazing. The cinnamon buns just can't be described. Even pics don't do them justice. They are perfection. Had we not been doing food and wine booths I would have asked for the left overs to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter