• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 2009 @ WDW! Be a Pop Tart 2009~come share your(Bounce Back or NOT)Dates !!!

just checking in! been very busy with fb lol anyways most of you that are on fb know that my cousin penny passed away from swine flu (yes she had under lying health issues) she was just 43 and on that tuesday before we had to put to sleep our oldest chinchilla Zach the dad to the boys i have one I put to sleep in feb. for the maloculsion(sp) so I am not down to 2 chinchillas, 2 cats and 4 greyhounds so sad.

Hope everyone is well and ready for some Disney! if your planning an up coming trip have a great time and can't wait for pictures and TR!

Who are you humping today? :lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Pooh, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin - just awful. Thoughts and prayer with the family...

...and it is always heartbreaking when a furbaby crosses the bridge.:hug:

How's everyone this week? We're so darn quiet and I am not good at fB - forget to check.

Ang, I don't always receive the email updates for this thread either.:confused3 Makes it much harder to keep up when we get chatty.

:grouphug: to all.:goodvibes

Hey, M&N how are thing going for you? I have been getting better about FB but I don't always remember to check up on there. I am too busy playing games instead. lol

Angela

Howdy ladies!

I sure wish that you all had better news. I hate for anything bad to happen to anyone and especially people I care about. :guilty:

Timmie, I am concerned that you do not seem to be getting any better. The news is replete with folks who are suffering from breathing problems connected with the flu and sometimes very seriously. :hug:

Pooh, how horrible, the news of your cousin's death. They say 5 folk died of flu and its complications this week here in Indiana. It is one thing to read that and think it a small number but the number is never small enough when it affects our loved ones. I am sorry about the loss of your dear fur baby as well. Never lets up.:sad1:

Ang, I thought the same about the 'hump' day but lacked your courage. :rotfl2: I was just talking to one of my sisters about the fact that I once charged, and got, a $1 per kiss. Figure I could get more now, for NOT kissing. :rotfl: How I would love to look up and see Will sitting next to me on a bench in about a week. You would be welcome too.:lmao:

M&N, so many dreams and then to have it all come to this, that you are not able to go to DW this year. I am so hoping that next year will be a much better one. You should get TWO trips to make up for this year though.:woohoo:

Cheryl, how is Jasper doing?

Melissa, I hope you are feeling better and I hope we can meet soon. I will PM you with my info just in case. I will understand if you cannot though. I will be heartbroken, but I will understand. :goodvibes

Just over a week until we leave. Might leave on Friday instead of Saturday because of potential weather. I am so hoping to leave on Saturday so I can go through Atlanta on Sunday morning while all the Peachtree party animals are still a snooze.

I will send Timmie and Ang messages ,when I can, so they can update you all on what we are up to. So much to do, so little time.

I am working at our Christmas on the Square celebration tonight. I am in charge of selling the cookies to the kids to decorate. They moved me from the decorating because too many of the kids wanted The Reading Lady to help them. This way I can sell the cookies and give out hugs without slowing down the assembly line. Works for me!:woohoo:

SG

Linda, I can hardly believe you will be leaving in a week tomorrow! I got a little misty realizing your trip is really here and we will not be meeting this year. :hug: I am so happy for you....perhaps if you have a moment you could call my cell from Disney? Would so love to hear from you.

Christmas on the Square sounds delightful - good idea to move you, but with collecting funds and giving out hugs, not sure things will move along much quicker - with your following there may be record cookie sales!

Love to all.:grouphug:

Jasper is fine, I worry but thats ok. Today we had fire alarm testing . He did not like that. Starting shopping for thanksgiving on Sunday. Still need a turkey and sides.
Todd wants a ton of potato sides - all those carbs will not help me who needs to lose weight. Trying to sneak some veggies in.

M&N, I think you all would enjoy this evening in my small town. I live right off the square so I am in the center of the action. There will be carriage rides as well as a hayride. A group of singers dressed in old time clothing will walk around entertaining. Root beer floats will be sold from an antique soda fountain in the museum. The square and its bandstand will all be decorated and lit. A live Nativity Scene will be the centerpiece of it all. A huge bake sale will be held. I donate money as I am a feminist and think that bake sales hold women down. Why spend more for the ingredients than you get for the finished product as well as many hours of our time? No wonder men can do more of the big things!

Women revolt!!!:rotfl:

Since I did not have to spend my valuable time baking I came up with an idea to stream line the cookie sales so they put me in charge. Yep, record cookie sales this year. I get a sit down job too. Yeah!

I am a firm believer in keeping promises and since my health and time are uncertain I do not make many anymore. I made few promises last trip and was not able to fulfill all of them so I am making no promises this time. My real life is led on a tight schedule of taking care of everyone and my time at Disney is the only time I have to do what I want, mostly, when I want. So my dear M&N and other friends, no promises. I do not call my grandkids either. They do call me though. Sometimes I answer. I only have a Tracphone and those things are 40 cents a minute. I will send a message to a couple of folks who I have on my speed dial and leave my room number and will welcome a call if anyone is so inclined. I will probably be inclined (laying on the bed) at the time myself. :rotfl2:

If I remember I will attempt to send my agenda to a couple of folks so you can stalk me. However I do not always follow my own instructions. :rotfl:

I hope you all understand.

SG

I have your agenda, Linda, so will have another look, and imagine what you're doing each day...maybe. ;) My goodness, whatever you do, even if it turns out you're so inclined, do not waste 40 cents a minute on moi!

You will be missed, but thrilled you're in our Happy Place. :teeth:

M&N, I hope I did not sound snarky in my last post. My life is so much taking care of other people and I just enjoy the unstructured life I have at DW. I delight in running into people and visiting and getting to know new people. I just do not want to do so on a schedule. I do not take many pictures anymore either. Most of my life experiences have been behind a view finder and I am enjoying getting to see things directly nowadays. I only carry a camera to record meeting fellow DISers. I keep a file. :goodvibes

Jan, I will be at DW from November 29th thru December 13th. I believe that Timmie is coming in on the 13th. She has been awfully sick so I am a bit concerned that she might not be able to go. She was sick when she was there in October as well. Too long to be sick. :sick:

My changes in the cookie decorating sale seemed to have gone well. I am pretty good at figuring out the easy way to do things and it was very disorganized before. We sold out and were able to enable more kids to be able to decorate cookies. I donated $20 toward my NON bake sale. I am a rebel ya know.:rolleyes1

I am German. I am not the kind that wants to rule the world but I am pretty darned good at making the trains run on time.:rotfl2:

SG

M&N, I hope I did not sound snarky in my last post. My life is so much taking care of other people and I just enjoy the unstructured life I have at DW. I delight in running into people and visiting and getting to know new people. I just do not want to do so on a schedule. I do not take many pictures anymore either. Most of my life experiences have been behind a view finder and I am enjoying getting to see things directly nowadays. I only carry a camera to record meeting fellow DISers. I keep a file. :goodvibes

Of course you didn't sound snarky!!! The thought never occurred to me. I honestly didn't mean it to sound as though you had to call - it was just a little thought, nothing more.:thumbsup2 So often my friends do call when they're at Disney it just came out naturally - no big deal. I want you to have a wonderfully relaxing time! :goodvibes

I don't even take along a camera anymore - and most enjoy being able to meander about the parks, enjoying the attractions or not.

Right now I am thinking of taking a pilgrimage next Fall...perhaps to France or back to Assisi. I have a friend who has never been on a pilgrimage and so we might share a room - it is delightful to have a travel companion in Europe and especially ones who enjoys the spiritual dimension of a pilgrimage, but who is not uptight about religion.

I am going to enjoy looking forward to Sophia's first WDW trip in a few years -that will be wonderful to look forward to!! Not much planning for that trip either - other than deciding where to stay...we've already begun discussing the options! Mia is leaning toward AKL(she grew up staying at Poly & CR), but Michael has never stayed at a Disney resort so I'm thinking a monorail resort will be most fun...and easiest with a little munchkin. Anyway...that's the plan - lots to look forward to!

Are you packed yet or almost? What's the weather supposed to be during your visit? Sunny and cool, I hope!

Have a great weekend everyone...I'll be celebrating a big birthday (they are all big in my mind :rotfl:...and I quietly celebrate all month.:thumbsup2)

:grouphug:

Happy Plenty Ninth Birthday Christine!

When you are very young or getting up in years a bit EVERY birthday is super special! Hope that yours is extra so!:love:

Wow! You sure do have some fancy plans. I hope they work out for you. Please tell Francis that I said hello? ;)

I can only read and dream about such vacations nowadays. I take British Heritage magazine and read and re read the articles and place myself there. If my one sister does marry the guy she wants and moves to Europe it might be possible. I would not want to trouble anyone with having to come after my cold dead body. :lmao:

My grandson came to spend the night and is blissfully snoring away on the couch. He seldom gets to sleep late so I am indulging him. He has practice at 2 so he should be raring to go by then and I have to go to the dump. Cleaning the car interior as well. I can only do a bit at a time. Have decided that some things do not HAVE to be done. Not that I would be able. Just hoping that I am better able to get around than I fear. Looking like we can leave on Saturday after all as the temps are going to be higher than previously thought. Can we spell Agoraphobia folks?:rotfl2:

Hope you are all having a nice crisp fall day, leaves all raked and snow nowhere to be found, unless you want it so.:cloud9:

SG

Hello everyone.

Christine,
Happy Birthday!!! Your trip to Europe sounds wonderful. My DH lived in Germany when he was young and refuses to go anywhere near there again. Sadly, he has a DS, BIL, 2 DN and best friend there who I wish I could convince him to visit. Maybe someday but he is a workaholic and says work is his vacation. I suppose he does travel everyday for work so it holds no appeal to him. I bet your trip will be a wonderful one and who better to share it with than a good friend.

SG,
Hey girl so your getting geared up to go? How awsome is that and it would be even better if you only needed to get yourself ready, right. lol Don't worry about phone calls just kick back and relax. If you get bored and want us to call you just use a half minute to text the room number and resort to the other persons cell phone which is an easy and inexpensive solution.

I bet you took over that cookie sale and did it right. Too many people not wanting to step on toes can lead to a badly run sale.

I bet DGS are going to miss you dearly. You go and enjoy.

Jan Jan,
Your going to WDW too you lucky girl. Where will you stay? Go enjoy.

I read in the Mickey Monitor that the MVMCP is $10 off for AP holders the night of the party if anyone is interested.

Jan, Timmie, myself and now Cheryl are going to be there at the same time! How wonderful! I hope I get to see each and every one of you for at least a bit. :love:

Ang, I live in a small town where I was not born so believe you me I did not take over anything. It took me nearly three years to get anyone to consider my suggestion. It did seem to work out very well though and I have a few ideas to make it even easier next year. :rotfl: I had to go through Tom's closet to pick out clothes last night and found that he had two or three shirts sort of thrown over each hanger and half the clothes were too small for him to wear. Hauling heavy things up and down stairs is not so very easy for me and I ended up spending the night sicker than a dog. It is not much harder to get him ready as well. I have to do so to take him to his brothers any old way. I just hope I can get a room near the food court so he will be able to go up there by himself sometimes. I will pay extra even.:goodvibes Please tell Will that I am so sorry that his grades were not good enough to enable him to miss a few days and come down and join us. Maybe next year??:cloud9:

Whatever are you Pop Tarts going to do with so many of us gone? Wish I could load you up and take you with me. It would be one heck of a road trip for shure!:lmao:

SG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter