Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I am getting a little more stamina back everyday and am feeling much better. Can't wait for my son's wedding on August 15 and the relief of some of that stress. Let's just say I am glad I do not have a mother-in-law like he is going to have.

Welcome Terapin! :) You'll enjoy getting to know everybody! Did you say you were getting married in December? I'm getting married in October to my Prince Charming (it's actually MagicMe's son, in case you read any of her posts).

Welcome again!

Nordkin - how scary! My dad had a mild heart attack 2 years ago and that was very, very scary and it took a long time for him to fully recover. I'm glad to hear that you are getting better each day. :hug:

Hey all....just catching up on the thread......Life is so busy I just can't keep up and post and everything!!

Nordkin----I am glad to hear you're feeling better. My family is having a little bit of health drama, too, because my father (who was experiencing some abdominal pain when we were at WDW earlier in May) was just diagnosed with a hernia that has to be operated on...they're not concerened, however, as it is a pretty routine procedure, but still....health problems are always stressful.

Also...welcome to all the newbies to the thread!

Hey all....just catching up on the thread......Life is so busy I just can't keep up and post and everything!!

Nordkin----I am glad to hear you're feeling better. My family is having a little bit of health drama, too, because my father (who was experiencing some abdominal pain when we were at WDW earlier in May) was just diagnosed with a hernia that has to be operated on...they're not concerened, however, as it is a pretty routine procedure, but still....health problems are always stressful.

It's funny Erik, I was just wondering how you were doing since you hadn't posted in so long! I hope all goes well with your father. During a routine mammogram on my mom they found a small lump so I know about the stress i can produce. She's having the procedure done this week to see if it's malignant or not. My fingers are crossed that it is good news.

Welcome Terapin! :) You'll enjoy getting to know everybody! Did you say you were getting married in December? I'm getting married in October to my Prince Charming (it's actually MagicMe's son, in case you read any of her posts).

Congratulations! Yep, we're getting married in December after getting together November 1996, and welcoming our kids in 1998, 2000 and 2007. We're thrilled! A bit backwards, maybe, but thrilled. :hug:

Congratulations! Yep, we're getting married in December after getting together November 1996, and welcoming our kids in 1998, 2000 and 2007. We're thrilled! A bit backwards, maybe, but thrilled. :hug:

Congrats regardless of the way you do it! :)

::yes::

Welcome to all the newbies who've joined us lately. We have a big DIS group and will probably RULE THE WAVES! pirate:

Hello stranger. I see you all have been busy. A little to much for me to even try and catch up. I think I will just ride the "waves" for a few.

Have a great weekend!

Hello stranger. I see you all have been busy. A little to much for me to even try and catch up. I think I will just ride the "waves" for a few.

Have a great weekend!

MISS DEE! Hi your own self! :hug: Today I was thinking about checking to see if you were on facebook! Peg was just asking a while back if you and Linda and Pat and various family memebers were still booked. Glad to see you here.

Don't worry about catch up, just, as you say, ride the waves. :boat:

Used my on board booking discount to move from our 11 to an 8 GTY for this cruise. Still cost us a big chunk more, but the discount helped. We enjoyed our deck 7, port purchased, balcony upgrade so much last week, that we decided to at least get closer to that spot, even though no balcony for us this trip (unless some great deal comes along, which is very possible I guess). Found out this week that our big chunk of Delta sky miles from our trip to Sicily two summers ago expire in June, 4 months before we can book our flights for this cruise. Now that is bad timing. I very much want to spend a couple of days in Spain before the cruise, but am a little concerned that neither of us speaks Spanish (but will try to learn some this year). Anyone been to Spain? Do many folks speak a bit of English; will we be able to get around on our own without Spanish?

Found out this week that our big chunk of Delta sky miles from our trip to Sicily two summers ago expire in June, 4 months before we can book our flights for this cruise. Now that is bad timing. I very much want to spend a couple of days in Spain before the cruise, but am a little concerned that neither of us speaks Spanish (but will try to learn some this year). Anyone been to Spain? Do many folks speak a bit of English; will we be able to get around on our own without Spanish?

There are lots of ways to keep those miles from expiring.

Directly from Delta's site:

Account Deletion and Mileage Expiration

Accounts with no activity for 12 consecutive months after enrollment will be deleted. A new SkyMiles number can be obtained by contacting Delta.
Currently, miles will not expire as long as you participate in one of the following activities at least once every two years:
  • Earn miles for travel on a qualifying Delta, Delta Shuttle®, SkyTeam, or other SkyMiles airline partner flights.
  • Earn or redeem miles with one of the SkyMiles program partners including hotels, car rentals, Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express, international credit card partners, SkyMiles Dining & Hotels by Rewards NetworkSM, MilePoint.com, mortgage lenders, CAP magazine subscriptions, real estate, or telecommunications partners.
  • Buy Miles here at delta.com or by calling the number on the back of your SkyMiles card.
  • Redeem miles on Delta, Delta Shuttle, a SkyTeam partner, or another SkyMiles airline partner.
The easiest of which is to buy something small through the skymiles mall and you earn miles. Earning miles is activity on the account and keeps the miles from expiring.

We were in Barcelona in 2007 for one of the Med cruises and had no trouble communicating. A lot of people spoke English.

Happily, we were able to change our room numbers to two connecting cat 4s this morning! Yay! We had been in two side-by-side cabins but this works even better with three kids who will shuttle around between our room and Nanna's room. It feels like everything is falling into place.

It's nice to be getting to know all of you so far. We seem like a nice group!

Welcome Terapin!!! Donna, glad to hear you are doing better. Today is a beautiful day in Florida and a cruise leaving right now would be awesome - oh well, one can dream! Erik, glad to see you are back on the boards. How was the Wonder?

Went to Typhoon Lagoon on Friday and had a great time! First time we were ever there. Did not see "UP" yet, but you all made it sound so good that I will probably go this week. Have a great week everyone and TheDisneyGirl02 I will be thinking about you with your mom. Been there -done that. You will be in my prayers.

During a routine mammogram on my mom they found a small lump so I know about the stress i can produce. She's having the procedure done this week to see if it's malignant or not. My fingers are crossed that it is good news.

I hope everything goes well for your mom. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

I finally caught up on all the pages to see what I have missed. I had a heart attack on April 20 and have been recovering, but have not been on the computer much. I am doing much better now and have returned to work, where the heart attack happened. Such an event is a real eye opener. I have changed my exercise schedule and eating habits. I was loosing weight anyway and have lost 35 pounds over the last nine months, but 10 of it has been since the heart attack. I am just grateful to be alive and thank the people at work who reacted so quickly and got me to a hospital within 10 minutes of the first symptom. This cruise can not come soon enough for me.

Congratulations to all who are loosing weight and welcome aboard to all our new folks!!

Donna

Donna - so sorry to hear about your heart attack but so glad you survived and are mending well. If you don't mind my asking - I hear so often that women experience different symptoms then men and was wondering if your symptoms were the same. I volunteer on our first aid team and work and I would hate if I missed anything that would save someone's life.

We are thrilled to be joining you! Positively thrilled!

Welcome!!! :cheer2: I think we have quite a group of people and will have a great time!

Erik - great to hear from you again! How was the trip????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter